Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 64 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 63 64
M
M
Originally Posted by curious53
Congrats on the food processor. Do you like pesto? Food processors are great for that.

I can't say I have ever had pesto in my life! Is that some eye-talian speciality? grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by wulffpack_girl
The London Broil turned out OK, ML - I liked the sauce (think it could have used horseradish) but the meat was kind of tough, London broils usually are though, should've marinated it longer. They are good soaked in some teriyaki marinade, or throwing 'em in the crockpot usually tenders them up.

Have you ever used those brown in bags? My sister turned me onto those a while back and I have made some killer chuck roasts in them. It is so easy to make too, and the chuck roast is amazingly tender. You can throw in the potatoes, onions and carrots at the same time.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
I can't say I have ever had pesto in my life! Is that some eye-talian speciality?

Fresh basil, pine nuts (pinoli), olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Into the food processor and grind to a rough puree.

Prepare fettucine pasta, drain and add pesto to the pasta, stirring it in. Crusty Italian bread, a good Pino Grigio, and you'll know how good life can be - even in Texas!

M
M
I hope I don't get kicked out of Texas if I make that. crazy

Exposure 101

N
N
I hope I don't get kicked out of Texas if I make that.

Trust me - it'll be worth it!

[Linked Image from freerecipes.org]

R
R
I've got this cooking in the crock pot today for the first time.

I'll try and remember to let you know how it turns out.

http://slowcookerrecipes.org.uk/african-influenced-sweet-potato-stew.htm

Me: 32
H: 35
Married 9 years, together 12.
Two little girls, 7 and 3.
C
OP Offline
C
My husband is slaving over a hot grill right now, grilling me a delmonico, corn on the cob, and red pepper! Here's to meeting your wife's emotional need for steak!

W
W
Melody, I'll have to check those brown-in bags out - been hooked on the ol' crock pot lately since I can start it in the morning and dinner's ready when I get home!

yum - grilled corn on the cob!

Another crock pot dinner for the girls and I - chicken breasts slow cooked in a sauce of cream cheese, dry Italian dressing mix, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth (recipe called for white wine, but I subbed the broth), and of course, butter (cause it was not fattening enough!). Served over egg noodles. Now, DD#2, my picky eater, had her chicken with "NO SAUCE, MOMMY!!!!" and then covered it with BBQ sauce (???). DD#1, who is an equal-opportunity eater as well as a bottomless pit, had 2 helpings, although the chicken was not allowed to touch the noodles. wink

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
N
N
Now, DD#2, my picky eater, had her chicken with "NO SAUCE, MOMMY!!!!" and then covered it with BBQ sauce (???). DD#1, who is an equal-opportunity eater as well as a bottomless pit, had 2 helpings, although the chicken was not allowed to touch the noodles.

If I were an absent FBH, hearing these details in a low-intensity update might have the salutary effect of reminding me of the casual, seemingly minor joys my self-imposed exile were denying me, and why a family together is so much the best lifestyle.

Just saying......

W
W
lol, NG, I get it!!! laugh

Now, shouldn't we be talking about pesto or something on this thread???

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
N
N
E-A-O-T-P, WPG!

R
R
The sweet potato stew was lovely! I made flatbreads for the first time from this recipe http://wwwfamilycookbookcom.blogspot.com/2009/04/joy-of-flatbread.html and they went with it so well.

Me: 32
H: 35
Married 9 years, together 12.
Two little girls, 7 and 3.
N
N
Tonight, waiting for "Irene" -

Sausages (hot and sweet) roasted with sauteed red and green grapes, served over garlic mashed potatoes, aka:

Italian Bangers and Mash

And none of that Lone-Star eye-rolling! This was delicious!

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

Sausages (hot and sweet) roasted with sauteed red and green grapes, served over garlic mashed potatoes, aka:

Italian Bangers and Mash

The only criticism I have is that you didn't invite H and me.

We had steak (him) and sausage (me) on the grill. I fried some green tomatoes (delicacy alert!) and threw a loaf of buttered french bread on - complete gastronomical bliss!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

V
V
Don't know if I've posted this one yet:

Goat tangine with saffron and dates
Couscous

And an incongruous vegetable on the side, since I needed to use it up:
Sweet corn off the cob w/ cumin, red chili, and butter. (Of course, butter!)

Best thing is: it's crockpot-approved!

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
M
M

Italian Bangers and Mash

yankees.... MrRollieEyes

Exposure 101

N
N
Mel, funny you should post today.

Because here's another "pesto" recipe for you, that I made tonight for the first time: cherry tomatoes, MINT leaves, garlic, pinoli, olive oil, salt, red pepper flakes. Food-processed, poured over and mixed into prepared pasta (we did linguine). OMG!

P
P

Italian Bangers and Mash

I'm betting British Bangers are better! laugh Hmm, I got some of those in the freezer I need to use up soon .... But tonight, we're having SOUFFLE!

Last edited by Prisca; 08/30/11 06:37 PM.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
Originally Posted by Prisca

Italian Bangers and Mash

I'm betting British Bangers are better! laugh Hmm, I got some of those in the freezer I need to use up soon .... But tonight, we're having SOUFFLE!

Say what??? Prisca looked that up on the internet! She is a Texas girl just like me! WE eat supper at BODACIOUS BBQ! We don't eat foreign foolishness like "BANGERS" and "MASH!" skeptical

Exposure 101

M
M
Mel, funny you should post today.

Because here's another "pesto" recipe for you, that I made tonight for the first time: cherry tomatoes, MINT leaves, garlic, pinoli, olive oil, salt, red pepper flakes. Food-processed, poured over and mixed into prepared pasta (we did linguine). OMG!

That sounds like voo doo to me!! lashes Where's da meat??

Exposure 101

Page 6 of 64 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation