Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 41 1 2 38 39 40 41
M
M
Originally Posted by MikeStillSmiling
I remember way back when, say late May, a young, naive distressed poster came on here and thought he knew all the answers. He'd fight and argue that his deal was unique. Several one-twos and uppercuts later, he towed the line and life is real good a few months later.

You are awesome!! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
I tired to give him a head start to get onboard with my limited MB skills and he fought all morning.

I remember way back when, say late May, a young, naive distressed poster came on here and thought he knew all the answers. He'd fight and argue that his deal was unique. Several one-twos and uppercuts later, he towed the line and life is real good a few months later.

That guy was me.
Welcome to the club

M
M
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
I tired to give him a head start to get onboard with my limited MB skills and he fought all morning.

That guy was me.
Welcome to the club

Truth is I wish I wasnt here.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
C
C

Don't we all. Don't we all...

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
N
N

That is not an option given you, MSS. I, for one, am glad you are "here" as you are, rather than "here" as you were.

NeverGuessed #2536479 08/18/11 04:42 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

That is not an option given you, MSS. I, for one, am glad you are "here" as you are, rather than "here" as you were.

NG, did you see what he did to me?? He is using MY princess name flirt to threaten other posters who don't get in line! rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2536485 08/18/11 04:52 PM
M
M
oh wait!! NG used my name in vain too!! sigh

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2536573 08/18/11 09:20 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
NG, did you see what he did to me?? He is using MY princess name flirt to threaten other posters who don't get in line! rotflmao

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery Mel. He has shown his hand. You musta left a mark on the side of his head.

"That texas chick sure speaks her mind! I'll show her, all I want is everything back to normal, and she says things have to change! How can I erase the past with her around? How can I regain control of our fast moving train to nowhwere? I was happy in my ignorance, Ill show her Ill turn it around!"

Yeah we get it, you musta had an effect somewhere

M
M
They are pimping me out!! Using me as a threat! "if you don't straighten up fast, we will send Mel over here!!" naughty

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2536605 08/18/11 11:10 PM
C
C
Heya, Dem guys gots no class Hah? Fugetabodit!

MelodyLane #2536608 08/18/11 11:19 PM
N
N
"if you don't straighten up fast, we will send Mel over here!!"

Sorry, Ma'am, no apologies here! One uses the best tool for the job at hand!

(Of course, if you ever feel the need to inflict an overly verbose, grammatically tortuous, analogy-riven correspondant on a recalcitrant newby, just threaten them with me!)

NeverGuessed #2536610 08/18/11 11:23 PM
M
M

(Of course, if you ever feel the need to inflict an overly verbose, grammatically tortuous, analogy-riven correspondant on a recalcitrant newby, just threaten them with me!)

Listen here, boys, I am not your personal baseball bat!! sigh

Mel<----can someone tell me what he just said?? TEEF

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2536611 08/18/11 11:27 PM
H
H
I agree, Mel is a horrible bat...

(It's the thick ankles...)

I had to break the $10 word habit due to my sister's current husband who would stop me with glass eyes and say; "Um, dry waller here, can you speak English?"

No help on translation.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
HoldHerHand #2536612 08/18/11 11:32 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
I agree, Mel is a horrible bat...

(It's the thick ankles...)

shaddup! grumble

Exposure 101

NeverGuessed #2536618 08/19/11 12:57 AM
C
C

(Of course, if you ever feel the need to inflict an overly verbose,(Lots of words of the $10 caliber) grammatically tortuous,(teeters on the edge of proper grammar use, mostly to make a point and make you think outside your box and jumpstart those braincells) analogy-riven correspondant,(uses analogys to explain like situations, almost to a fault, to assist in objective thinking) on a recalcitrant newby( A stubborn and unable to remove thier their head from thier hindquarters or able to listen to anybody elses ideas but thier own), just threaten them with me!)

So how did I do?

C
C
But seriuosly NG, your grasp of the practical and the use of the lauguage in a witty observation is allways welcome and not only promote thinking for me, but lends the charm of a great sense of humor, while still being very sensitive to others.
But Sometimes we just need Mel to shoot em in the rear with that pink 9mm she has.
Yep it take a village, and a watchman,(Ok watchwoman sigh), on the wall gaurding that village

C
C
Hey Hey Joey!!!

Yeah Rocco?

Good to see ya hows the family? Now listen up, we gots this "recalcitrant" newby ova here which don't wanna listen...so like I was thinkin..Maybe you aw-ta..well you know..

Yeah Roc, I get it, you
want me to go get "The Mel" outta the trunk, or the NG? Which one you want?

I don't care, just get em in line quick, dinners on the table

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
chickadee1 #2536833 08/19/11 08:48 PM
M
M
I was messing with my cell last night and accidently sent OMW a test message. It was blank as I said it was an accident. These darn new phones have hair triggers when it comes to sending texts and emails. Terrible.

Ive kept my contact with her at a minimum as i want little to do with her.

She quickly repled "everything OK?", I said simply, sorry clicked on send by mistake. After another few minutes, she got back to me "you need to talk?" I ignored, then another few minutes "what's up?" I ignored.

Then this morning, "are you sure everything's OK?". Ignored and deleted.

I cannot be her friend and I know thats what she wants. She has no friends, we were it. I feel sorry for her with her husband still living lies undoubtedly still with very independent actions.

This is a very unstable woman in the first place so finding out her husband was having multiple affairs must have really done a number on her.

I cant help her.

I told her after dday she needs to find someone other than me to commiserate with.

She is not doing well.

My wife knows all about the texts. She was next to me with OMW texted the 3 or 4x last night.

Secretly I give some blame to her as she could have done more to find out what her deviant husband is up to. The affair took place in her home the last 18 months of it. I know, lame. I said its my secret.

My dad said 20 years ago and he was right, men shouldnt be friends with women. Unless theres a relationship potential, no reason for a man and woman to be friends. Our spouses proved that theory right and Im not going to fight a proven theory.

She cant be my friend.

If I felt my wife was prospectively looking to hookup with OM any point after dday, Id be more inclined to keep OMW in my loop, but my wife HATES OM for a million reasons.

mss

Last edited by MikeStillSmiling; 08/19/11 09:04 PM.

M
M
So you need to delete her number from your cell phone. You see that, right? Then you won't have to accidentally have contact.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

maritalbliss #2536844 08/19/11 09:44 PM
M
M
Thats what my wife said. I argue that if I do that and she texts or calls, thatd be worse, I wont reconize her number and Id pick up the call. If shes in the cell, I see her name and have the option of ignoring. Without having her saved in the directory, I have no option.

Know what happened?, and Im pretty dumb. I mentioned she texted me about 2 weeks ago about day care and where my wife is working in Sept so she would enroll her kid elsewhere and I kept it to show my wife. I clicked on that conversation and, well, it all happened so fast. Shoulda deleted that convo.

If this is interesting to anyone, let me know.

Slow news night.

Last edited by MikeStillSmiling; 08/19/11 09:45 PM.

Page 40 of 41 1 2 38 39 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 695 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation