Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
OP Offline
E
After our D, I went to divorce recovery class at my large church. There were several hundred people attending. One day our group leader said he wanted us to bow our heads to see why we were all there.

99 percent of us raised our hands that we were there because of INFIDELITY. So the majority were getting divorces, almost all in fact, because of cheating.

So let me help you out when you hear of people divorcing. I'll give the lame reasons why people divorce and you can also get the REALITY translation as to their "why".

Get ready. My list is coming in the next post!

Last edited by peachyisback; 08/20/11 05:49 PM.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
E
OP Offline
E
1)We GREW apart.
Truth translation: Yea we sure did grow apart. It was hard to stay married when I was living outside of the house with my mistress, having an affair for six months. But before my affair we were fine. (hint: this was DARTH'S EXCUSE!)

2)We quit BEING FRIENDS.
Truth translation: Of course we're not friends now. I mean I have been dating his best friend behind my husbands' back. I cannot obviously be a good friend to my husband if I'm doing that right?

3)We weren't INTIMATE anymore.
Truth translation: That was because I was intimate with my MM and felt that I was actually cheating on my husband. Sure my husband wanted to have sf with me, but he had no idea I was sleeping with another man.

4)She is a Lousy HOUSEKEEPER/COOK/MOTHER/FILL IT IN:
Truth translation: Her food is fine, and the house is usually ok, but since she found out about my girlfriend, she has been really depressed and hasn't lifted a mop or a pan in three weeks.

5)He is really VIOLENT/Has ANGER ISSUES towards me!
Truth translation: He raised his voice at me and yelled. Imagine the nerve of him! Yelling at me like that when he found out about the affair I'd been having with my boss at work. It made him really mad! The nerve of my husband!

6)She has really let HERSELF GO!
Truth translation: We've been married 30 years and she's no longer a hot 20 yo. But she's a lovely older lady. But she is NOT a hot 20 yo like the skank I am schtupping behind her back.

7)My husband DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ME:
Truth translation: My husband doesn't understand me anymore and so I shut him out. Who REALLY DOES understand me is the guy in accounting in the next building who I am sleeping around with. He really understands and "gets" me. I'm moving in with him next week!

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
E
OP Offline
E
Now add in some other imaginary reasons and then put the TRUTH TRANSLATION in!

We need to educate the new betrayed posters and also enlighten the foggy ones here about the lame reasons we hear as to why people are getting divorced.

Note to waywards, PEOPLE REALLY DO UNDERSTAND that you're not telling the truth. Can we just get that out in the open now? NOBODY believes what you're saying!!!

H
H
8) It JUST WASN'T MEANT TO BE!
*Truth Translation; How could it be, when I've found my SOULMATE SCHMOOPIE?!?!?

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
H
H
9)My husband JUST WASN'T THERE FOR ME!
*Truth Translation; I mean, he was there, like physically there every day... within arms reach. But he just would not pay attention to my barrage of Disrespectful Judgements, Angry Outbursts, and Selfish Demands! And OM? Well, all he does is good stuff, since - you know - he doesn't have to live with me. So he does everything right!

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

M
M
Great thread!!!

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
DDay - Early November 2010
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
C
C
My WH decided to give a range of reasons to me, family and friends so I have heard a lot... I think he was trying to target his audience as to what they would believe.

"I love you but I'm not in love with you". This classic translates as "I've now found someone I do love", OW makes me feel all giddy like a teenager again. There are variations on this one (and I heard most of them) such as "We are best friends but that is all I feel", etc. All mean OW is the one I am "in love" with.

"I am no longer sexually attracted to you". This translates to OW is the one I want now, and in some sort of warped moral code I don't want my wife to meet this need, OW will do that. This is an interesting one, because I found when it was said to me WH would not let me get physically close to him in any way... almost like he did not want to test this "theory" of his. And when his resolve weakened, he had to quickly throw this theory out the window. So then it became "Sex isn't everything". Pity the WS's confused thinking huh? Justify, justify, JUSTIFY!

"I haven't been happy for x amount of years, I've been miserable with you". But I didn't leave you or tell you about this, or do anything about it really. Not until I started shagging OW. And for half of those miserable x years we were having a fantastic time travelling the world, and we had a great time together... maybe I have only been miserable to a couple of years... a couple of months... I'll change this according to who I am speaking with and whatever mood I'm in. And I have been nominated for an Oscar cause I had everyone fooled, think I might move to Hollywood with OW.

"We got married too young". The easiest excuse in the book if telling this to someone who expressed concern about getting married young. But being blissfully happy and even admitting to this for the majority of the marriage does not matter,because right now, I want to sow my oats elsewhere. And lets overlook the fact that OW is now the same age as when I got married...

"I just need some time and space to figure out what I want. I need to find myself". Mmmm, could you just give me time and space to have an affair, I am sure to find myself in the arms of OW.

"You've changed, you are really negative". I don't want to live in reality, it is too hard with money worries, job hunting, moving countries, family illnesses... OW makes me feel invincible! And am I worried about you having a hard time of it lately, should I suggest counselling, ask for family support, suggest you go to a doctor... no, I am too self-absorbed for this; an affair is most certainly the solution to your negativity.

Well, they were the ones I heard. Consistency may not be my WH's strong point? think

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
S
S
Oh you forgot the best one from WWs.

10)MY HUSBAND IS TOO CONTROLLING

Translation, ever since he found out I was having an affair, my husband has been keeping tabs on me, I don't deserve that.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
E
OP Offline
E
Good additions!

And YES Scotland, that is a biggie from the ww's out there. Although after I had d day with my xwh, he also announced I too, was "too controlling" of him.

Here is the stupid version of that I got:

Darth: She was SO controlling of me!
Truth translation: She demanded she see my cell phone and my internet and wanted to see if I contacted Monkeyho, my skank, after our affair was discovered. It made it HARD TO CHEAT after that. Well not that hard, but harder than it was before.

M
M
Originally Posted by Scotland

Translation, ever since he found out I was having an affair, my husband has been keeping tabs on me, I don't deserve that.

Yep. This one is a classic. Good translation.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
DDay - Early November 2010
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
R
R
I love this thread.

H
H

You know, miraculously, I never heard that - though admittedly I feared it.

Even after I revealed that I had been snooping.

Would you believe I got not a single AO on; snooping, my tic-tac sized exposure... any of it?

C
C
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand

You know, miraculously, I never heard that - though admittedly I feared it.

Even after I revealed that I had been snooping.

Would you believe I got not a single AO on; snooping, my tic-tac sized exposure... any of it?

HHH, I got minimal AO on my exposure too... just a text denying affair, and a conversation a few weeks later again denying it is an affair and calmly expressing annoyance about exposure. Initially I thought this was due to having no impact on him or affair, but now I think on some level my WH knows my actions are for the right motives of saving marriage. He just can't admit it to himself consciously. sigh

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
R
R
you just dont trust me anymore

translation : your making it very difficult to contact OM/OW with all of your snooping

male 43 years old
married 9 years (might not make it to 10 years)
3 kids 1 from previous marraige 2 from current marriage
B
B
Originally Posted by Caracal
"You've changed, you are really negative". I don't want to live in reality, it is too hard with money worries, job hunting, moving countries, family illnesses... OW makes me feel invincible! And am I worried about you having a hard time of it lately, should I suggest counselling, ask for family support, suggest you go to a doctor... no, I am too self-absorbed for this; an affair is most certainly the solution to your negativity.

THAT'S the one my Wife used most of the time!!

Originally Posted by Caracal
I got minimal AO on my exposure too... just a text denying affair, and a conversation a few weeks later again denying it is an affair and calmly expressing annoyance about exposure. Initially I thought this was due to having no impact on him or affair, but now I think on some level my WH knows my actions are for the right motives of saving marriage. He just can't admit it to himself consciously. sigh

I got a HUGE AO from the WW about 2 weeks after D-Day when I blew up the "A" !!!!
Now she won't return emails or calls or texts.
P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E

Last edited by BillCarolina; 08/21/11 07:09 AM.

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
DD=24 (My step-daughter, been raising her since the age of 8, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!)
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
WW moved out of the home = May 1,2011
D-Day=July 4, 2011
Dear Wife: I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you!.....as of Aug-2012 forget that last part....Good Luck to you and GOODBYE!!
"Mourn the woman she was. Know the woman she is."
M
M
Almost everyone of these have come out my WH's mouth.

It just reassures me I am not crazy and he is in a active affair no matter how much he tries to deny deny deny!!!!

E
OP Offline
E
Sad part is these are ALL reasons given every day IITL, when poor, UNSUSPECTING spouses are knocked down by the words "I want a divorce or I want to separate" and then are given these reasons why.

Do you realize the MAJORITY of people who hear these words, do not investigate the "why" and do not snoop or try to put 2 + 2 together? They do not have a plan nor a way out.

That's why every person here in the midst of this now, or who has heard these words uttered is FAR BETTER OFF than they realize.

But let's keep them coming!

Let's hear the reason your ws has given as to why they would either want to divorce or separate.

Poor waywards. They think their little skanky affair is sooo special. Sad part is it is not. We've heard it all before. Seen everything almost before. Nothing new. Just two very entitled, very selfish grown ups acting like pigs rutting in dirt.

S
S
11) I NEED TO FIND MYSELF.

Translation: I am lost in the fog and cannot even find my own butt in the dark.

Schoolbus

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
M
M
12) OW has integrity. She refuses to date married men.

Translation: I have to divorce you first and she will date me, and we can make our sordid affair legit.

Luckily I have exposed this awful affair to both of their families, all their military colleagues (includes generals, commanders, and the ARMY IG as well)

I
I
"I married you for legal reasons, so we could emigrate"
Umm, I know this DID NOT feature in my very romantic proposal, but it makes me feel less guilty to spin our marriage as some sort of business arrangement

"You just aren't happy with me any more, you just don't want to admit it".
Please stop making me feel guilty. If I tell you that YOU aren't happy, I dont have to give you any reasons for why I am not happy with you - because I dont have any and I want to blame you.

"All of a sudden, I don't want children. I dont want to hold you back though as I know you do".
Blimey I dont want there to be more people in this house making me feel guilty. Plus I doubt Id be a very good dad if I am still shagging mummys friend.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation