Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
P
Get'er'done, SoCal.
It's only 4:50 here on the west coast.

M
M
My wife made sure to point out that OMW was staying at the hotel where the event was. I guess to make me worry less?
If this is true (and I highly doubt it) his wife will probably be less than happy to find out that her WH is knocking on another woman's hotel door while she's in the same building.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
OP Offline
N
Quick update. I found OMW's email from facebook. Here is what is sent her:

Hey OMW,

This is NotSoSureInSoCal (WW's husband). I just wanted to ask you a few questions about OM and WW. First I want to let you know that I don't have any evidence of anything inappropriate. However, I worry that their relationship is getting closer than it should for work colleagues.

Have you ever worried about my wife and your husband? Have you noticed anything different over the last few days or weeks? Did you know that he stopped by WW's hotel room last weekend? I happened to be in the room and he came by to check on her after one of the sessions. They both acted a little weird about it. Last question, did you stay at the hotel with OM any of the days?

Again, I have no evidence of anything inappropriate so probably nothing to worry about. But I would feel much better with a second set of eyes on the situation.

Please let me know if you have any questions or want to talk. Also, if you don't mind can I have your cell phone just in case anything else comes up? My cell is ***************.

Thanks,

NotSoSureInSoCal

What do you guys think?

P
P
Good job Cal,

You did the right thing. I wish the BH had done this in my sitch when he started to suspect things. It is not vindictive or spiteful but the right thing to do to protect your family and hers.

Be ready for your W to be furious. Don't engage.

Have you hired that PI yet?

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

N
OP Offline
N
No PI. I really want to hear what OMW has to say.

I did see a sent email on WW's phone. It was to OM Monday morning asking if he wanted to go to lunch with her. She did say that she went to lunch, but didn't say who with. I guess that answers that.

L
L
I'm sorry to hear about that SoCal. That doesnt help the gut any when you start finding her in situations where she doesnt come clean. Keep us posted on OMW.

Me 37
WW 37
Married 14 years
4 boys 10,8,6,3
exposure Day 2/18/11
A started 11/2010
Divorced 7/21/2011
Has it been a year already??
P
P
Originally Posted by NotSoSureInSoCal
Again, I have no evidence of anything inappropriate so probably nothing to worry about.

What do you guys think?

I think you made a serious error when you included the above comment.

You WANT OMW to be concerned. She should be concerned. Her H is behaving very badly.

I detest the word "worry" when used in this context.
Worry is what people do when they are adrift without a plan of action.
Executing a plan is the muscle one exercises to do away with worry.

You wrote your email to OMW and filled it with your wishful thinking.
Wishful thinking does not effectively rid one's mind of worry.
And, wishful thinking will never get to the bottom of what is troubling your marriage.

You must be stronger and tougher than this.

PUT a GPS on her car.
Put a VAR in her car.
Better than that, hire a PI.

P
P
I have no evidence of anything inappropriate

You DO !
Another man coming to your wife's hotel room thinking he would find her alone .... is HIGHLY inappropriate .... unless he is a fireman smelling smoke!

P
P
banghead

M
M
What do you guys think?
I think OMW is going to confront him about your email, and he's going to make you look like an insecure, jealous nut. Her inclination will be to believe her husband, not some stranger who emailed her out of the blue.

Can you email OMW again to the affect of "I have more information regarding my last email to you. It is critical that you contact me immediately concerning our spouses. Please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx."

Don't be wishy-washy about this. First you flag her that something is inappropriate about your spouses' behavior, then you derail yourself by reassuring her that you don't think it's serious.

It IS serious.

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
OP Offline
N
Ok. Point taken. I emailed her again asking if we could talk and letting her know that I do have concerns that I downplayed in my previous email.

This is f'ing hard. I am a mess. I didn't sleep at all last night. I started to cry on my way to work. I never cry.

S
S
It is F'ing hard.

Hang in there, try to sleep, make sure you eat, and exercise.

Having a plan and taking action helps.

Sitting on the sideline wringing your hands only makes you more miserable. You are taking action, the plan just needs some fine tuning.

Last edited by schtoop; 08/24/11 11:26 AM.
schtoop #2537942 08/24/11 11:47 AM
T
T
Pepperband's advice is AMAZING!

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
M
M
Originally Posted by NotSoSureInSoCal
Ok. Point taken. I emailed her again asking if we could talk and letting her know that I do have concerns that I downplayed in my previous email.
Not to split hairs, here, Not, but you've got to ramp up your dialogue if you're going to make any headway with this.

You don't have concerns. You have reason to believe that your spouses are behaving inappropriately and may well be involved in an adulterous relationship.

You also told her that there is 'probably nothing to worry about'. Why are you here telling us otherwise? Why is your gut screaming at you? Why are you so upset if there's nothing to worry about? Why would you tell OMW that there's probably nothing to worry about when her husband is knocking on another woman's hotel door?

I get the impression that you don't want to upset this woman, and I applaud your desire not to hurt her, but you are misguided. Her husband is the one who's hurting her. You are only making her aware of the danger to her marriage.

Remember these redflag
She finally gets back and is visibly upset. She says the last meeting was very intense and she cried.
What the...??? I've never been in a business meeting that made me cry.

So she is in the bathroom when OM knocks on the door. <snip> He says, OK, just let her know I stopped by to make sure she is ok.
He could have called her cell phone. Why knock on a woman's hotel room door??

She even commented on the fact that she is never on her phone when she is home. It's true. She doesn't text. She doesn't take random "work" calls and step out of the room. I don't know.
So, what was her point in telling you this? Does it matter, when this happens? ---->
I did see a sent email on WW's phone. It was to OM Monday morning asking if he wanted to go to lunch with her. She did say that she went to lunch, but didn't say who with. I guess that answers that.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
This is f'ing hard. I am a mess. I didn't sleep at all last night. I started to cry on my way to work. I never cry.
Ugh, I know it's hard, Not. Hang in there, buddy! frown

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Agree - what business meeting makes a woman cry? Is she a social worker dealing with abused children?

What is your game plan for exposing this in the workplace? Have you made a list of people to expose?

AWESOME job hunting down OMW and getting her involved. This will need to go wider in the workforce to really put a knife through it.

Start making your list. If you speak to OMW today or tonight I would set up another round of exposure to their FACEBOOK friends and their work HR and colleagues by Friday. Make your list first. Go to his and her facebook pages ASAP and start copying their friend list to a word document.

Tough~

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by itistoughlove
Agree - what business meeting makes a woman cry? Is she a social worker dealing with abused children?

What is your game plan for exposing this in the workplace? Have you made a list of people to expose?

AWESOME job hunting down OMW and getting her involved. This will need to go wider in the workforce to really put a knife through it.

Start making your list. If you speak to OMW today or tonight I would set up another round of exposure to their FACEBOOK friends and their work HR and colleagues by Friday. Make your list first. Go to his and her facebook pages ASAP and start copying their friend list to a word document.

Tough~

It is a very small company. As far as work goes, I would want to expose to owners, and the external HR person they use. (My wife does a lot of basic HR functions. They recently brought on an HR consultant. My SIL is friends with her so I will have no problem getting her contact info).

R
RMX Offline
R
Is the OMW's FB public?

Does she have her phone number listed in the info tab?

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
DS 14, OC-D 12 (given up for adoption), DS-8, DD-5
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
M
M
Get the list ready to target them by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Expect WW to be beyond livid. She will be spewing hate, rage, anger, venom, may leave the house, may file for divorce (threat of it anyway), may tell you it is over ....

She will call you every name in the book, she will be so mad her head may spin a couple times.

All of these are very normal responses and usually never lead to anything except her acting like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum.

Just look the best you can and smell your best --- smile, smile, and smile.

When she yells, screams, and wants to kill you simply smile back and ask her if she wants to grill chicken or steak on Saturday and would she like cole slaw or potato salad. Keep smiling and leave the room if you need to and come here to vent.

Tough~

R
RMX Offline
R

Five dollars says you hear this: "I was going to work on the marriage until you pulled this"

Don't worry if you hear it, almost all of us have heard it. Its extremely common.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
DS 14, OC-D 12 (given up for adoption), DS-8, DD-5
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation