Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
S
S
? Any post from me ever? Or, from/to NB? I very much doubt that I have ever posted to NB.

Sheesh. I'm out. Was just simply and honestly asking as a MB reader and observer...not intersted in a pi--ing match of who has posted or not, etc. I was simply asking an honest question...not judging why you think what you do. I was ASKING why.

M
M
Originally Posted by Surfer88
? Any post from me ever? Or, from/to NB? I very much doubt that I have ever posted to NB.

Sheesh. I'm out. Was just simply and honestly asking as a MB reader and observer...not intersted in a pi--ing match of who has posted or not, etc. I was simply asking an honest question...not judging why you think what you do. I was ASKING why.

I think if you are going to suggest that a poster "warrants" help that you should be helping yourself. No poster here is obliged to help anyone and no poster has to justify that choice. It is all completely voluntary.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
NB28 Offline OP
OP Offline
N

"We ALL pick and choose to whom we post. No one is entitled to get posts from anyone because we are ALL volunteers."

All i am saying it's that it's a shame people volunteer in a very clicky way. People come on here to get help not to join a popularity contest.

I have no idea what any of this means except maybe you are lashing out at others because you feel entitled to get help. But you are not entitled. I have a right, just like every other poster to help whom I choose. I am not interested in helping someone solve their arguments. I come here to help people whose spouses are in affairs.

I didn't not help you because I "volunteer in a clicky way" or want to be popular, but because I have no interest in helping someone with specific conflicts.

I am just as entitles as any other BS to get help in using any applying MB principals. This is going to be offensive but I don't expect you to understand as I haven't seen many of your posts ignored or shunned. You must be doing great at your marriage and are clearly gifted because you have all the answers/ friends/ mother or whatever you need to help you figure out what you need to figure out.

I on the other hand have none of the above so need a little extra help. You don't deam my needs great enough or good enough or relevant enough etc fair enough that's your POV and we are all entitled to on of those.

I still do not agree what I have asked about are conflicts they are issues important enough In my life to cause me distress. We all have different buttons that can be painful if pressed mine are different than yours but this does not make them any less stressful or painful.

I have always admired the way you help the newbies get the point accross and guide them to the light but when their immediate need for help vanishes what are they supposed to do? Learn everything in a set time if not they are on their own? people post here for years after their A are you now implying that SAA thread is for urgent cases? Because the title is SURVIVING an affair not GETTING through the first week after DDay.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

S
S

>>help that you should be helping yourself<<<

Not if I'm not qualified, and I know my own limitations.

I often call out for help from you and other vets for those I see in need of help that I can't or shouldn't provide, and will continue to do so.

Whether one chooses to step in, of course, is completely voluntary.

I was again asking why...honestly. Sorry that you were offended by the question.

M
M
Originally Posted by NB28
I am just as entitles as any other BS to get help in using any applying MB principals.

No Ma'am. You are not entitled to any posts at all. NO ONE here has any such entitlement. I have no such entitlement and neither do you. The very suggstion is offensive as hell to me. None of us are princesses.

And yes, many of my posts are ignored. Have you ever seen my famous "goodbye cruel world" from 2003? Well, my feelings were hurt once because my posts were ignored and I played the DRAMA QUEEN. dramaqueen [people still tease me about it to this day!] I figured out I was not the center of the universe and had no call to expect to have every post acknowledged. You don't either.

And with that, I will take my leave and move onto other threads. Take care...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
NB28, I am ignored EVERY DAY on this forum. I spend time typing out posts to newcomers and am ignored. Where is my special entitlement to always be acknowledged? Why do you have an expectation that you should get a special treatment no one else gets?

I get ignored every day and I long stopped caring. If a person ignores me, I move on to the next thread. I figure they didn't need my post and that is ok with me. I don't take it personally.

MaritalBliss, do you ever feel ignored?

itstoughlove, do you ever feel ignored?

ok, I am really, really leaving this time! grin

Exposure 101

N
NB28 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Marital bliss

"because some posters have a sense of family that you don't share, perhaps it is because these same posters have been united in a common goal of helping others while you have not. Perhaps it is because they understand the concepts here and are of one voice in their advice while you are not. To expect them to NOT bond in a community way is ridiculous. "

This is really unfair and quite a hurtful comment, if I didn't have a sense of family I would be out there taking the easy road, sleeping around, cheating back, drinking my way into oblivion rather than face the right but hard way that involves repairing my marriage. You haven't taken the time to know who I am therefore please do not comment on my charachter, you have made quite a few statements about my personality that are very inappropriate. I have not attacked anyone personally I was making a comments about a general issue I am finding I'm the mb forum and I have heard people complain about before.

**edit**

Last edited by Fireproof; 08/29/11 10:23 PM. Reason: TOS disrespect

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

G
G
Originally Posted by Surfer88
...Why doesn't NB28 warrant help when so many that come back years later do? Many over on 101 or Recovery, and even our friend Scotty post after years of MB.

Plenty come back here solely for support, refreshers, encouragement, etc..

Why is this poster different?
Surfer, what you're missing is that when someone rhetorically stomps her feet and holds her breath because she hasn't gotten attention over a mere 2-day span from a bunch of strangers on an online forum where people volunteer their [limited] time, and makes a blanket accusation of "cliquey-ness", it's completely uncalled for. (In my opinion.) And I speak as a member of no clique; I don't know the real-life name of a single poster here, and I don't exchange recipes with anyone laugh ( a fact for which everyone should be grateful), although I have no aspersions to cast upon those who do. Sometimes when I post here, I force myself to revisit stuff I'd rather never revisit again. And I assume it's that way for a lot of posters here. And so if they want to take a break for a few days during the summer holidays to exchange recipes, as a harmless diversion, I don't begrudge them that. Nor should NB28.

I do have a soft spot for NB28 and her DH & their marriage because they were among the first couples I tried to help after I got out of my own fog. (NB, I hope you're reading.) I am still rooting for the two of them.

However, I simply have not kept up on NB's latest thread. There are literally hundreds & hundreds of threads here on these boards, and I only have time to follow a tiny fraction of them. Name-changes make long-term tracking of posters' situations more difficult, too.

And while I have a lot of experience on some matters, that experience is within a pretty narrow range of marital circumstances. I'm no trained counselor or therapist -- I am just one lucky SOB who happened to have a great wife & to have done some things right in a post-affair recovery. My situation is pertinent for some, not for all. I for one don't feel that I do anyone much good when I try to wade into situations that are much beyond the pale of my experience or knowledge.

Now, I assume that many other posters may be the same -- there may be situations that are "right up their alley", yet there may be other situations that are not ones into which they feel competent to chime in with any great knowledge that would be helpful.

I don't do online hugs, even for men. I'm not good at it. If that's what NB was/is looking for, I'm not much good for that.

If NB needs to be told, after almost 2 years of access to the Harley materials, that it was way out of line for her to bring up OW in an argument with her DH having to do with poor communication with in-laws & with one another re: travel plans & child-sitting expectations, in my judgement, my saying it again probably isn't going to make much difference, but I think that if she asks politely, she can find other people to tell her anyway, without the wholly unseemly theatrics of disparaging the volunteer posters here and impugning their motivations.

And similarly, my suggesting to NB's husband that, knowing as he surely does that NB nurtures expectations (despite her occasional protestations to the contrary) that he will make a big deal about her birthday, he indeed should make an extra effort to close the loops of communication & make a big deal about her birthday, is probably not going to make much difference, because he's heard it here before. Yes, there's something dismissive in that judgement, but I'm here across an ocean talking about people whose lives I can't really know but imperfectly. I have to make judgement calls regarding whom I can usefully help and whom I can't. Sometimes my judgement will be wrong. That doesn't mean I'm cliquey.

I don't spend a lot of time here, because I don't have a lot to spend. My wife & I both work full-time, and we have to bust our behinds to scratch out our UA time. I managed to do one post per day this past week. Since NB made her plea for attention on August 27, I have spent most of the time trying to get back across the country in the air-travel chaos that is the entire United States after most major airports in the northeast corridor were closed for significant portions of this past weekend. I don't have time to sit on a fence and ponder & question why people post what they choose to post. If I think I can help, I try when time allows, and if I don't, I don't. I hope your curiosity on this point is sated.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
P
P
NB, what are you doing? Is this how you approach life? Throwing a tantrum and being ugly when people don't jump when you say so? This board has been a life saver for 1000s of people over the years. It's pretty disingenuous of you to come here and make your snide little remarks and accusations after all the help you HAVE received over the years. What's your agenda? This is crap.

Wow. Talk about betrayal.

I hope the mods shut this down.

You owe this board an apology.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
N
NB28 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
ML
"And this poster is different in that she is not even using very basic MB concepts even after 3 years here. That tells me she doesn't take this program serious enough to actually use it. And that is fine, that is her prerogative. But it doesn't mean I have interest in posting here. "

This is truly ridiculous
I am using the mb principals and do take them seriously however there are some things I STILL need guidance for, you can't comment that you don't help or want to help me get things then chastise me because I don't get things. If you want to say something that personal and judgmental about me at least take the time to get your facts straight. How long did it take you to get it? How much help did you need? Did you have anyone chastise you for being slow on the uptake or needing more help? No. Am I sitting here judging you for not spending tons more UA time as you seam to spend a lot of time on here helping others rather than spend it on your own marriage? No I wouldn't dare say anything like this to you because I dont presume how you live your life so please return the favour and don't presume you know what my absorbency levels or seriousness of the mb principals are.

I spent ��� on coaching with Steve to the point that I got myself in debt and rent arrears so I could pay for the sessions, is this something a person does whe they don't take things seriously? I am that desperate for the help if you don't want to help your free to do what you want but don't presume bull like that about me because your getting way to personal with your insults.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38

Divorced

F
F
We are going to stop the disrespect right now! If you have an issue with other posters, email the moderators and let them handle it. But don't disrupt this forum any more with disrespectful comments against other posters.

This is the last warning. Next time we are locking this thread. Let's get back to marriage building, please!

N
NB28 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
**EDIT**

Last edited by Fireproof; 08/29/11 10:48 PM. Reason: TOS disrespectful to moderators

BW 36(Me)
WS 38

Divorced

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 614 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation