Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 89 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 88 89
C
C
Originally Posted by itistoughlove
..Today - I try to learn from those people and those moments. It is hard to write to someone when you know they aren't using the comments to really grow.

Hmm well ITL, I can't believe that about you..All those kids, and you never had the experience of saying something to them over and over and over and over and over...till..."Ok Mommy I just thought of something!" What you were saying comes out with smile on thier face, like they thought of it all by themselves. It was just like they heard it for the first time..

Its why God made kids so cute, so you wouldn't kill em. But God feeds us even when we are bad, just like we feed our children.

We say it because its the truth, and thats the best we can do, whether they listen or not. Can't help getting attached tho, I get it

I
I
Originally Posted by BillCarolina
It's a darn good thing that I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you or I'd just leave to to your "Crazy Alien Life" and let you fall on your face!

Oh Bill you are a Plan A hero!!!!

I just love this - put it in your sig if you have room.

I was struggling with how to view my WH today - how to reconcile my romantic blue eyes with softlad stupid alien - and you sum it up sooo well.

That just made me laugh out loud and I REALLY needed that today.

T/J over!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
P
Ive only been here two months and the traffic has already slowed q dramatically on my thread.
I'm hoping my thread gets buried very, very, very deep and never resurrects its ugly head again. laugh

I'm no longer that person, and I don't want the reminder of what a whiney, entitled ***** I was.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

I
I
Oh but Prisca, people like me see who you are now and think - she could never have been as nutso as my so-and-so is...

I havent read it but guessing that the contrast makes for hope.

There's a few people on here actually whose original thread I have looked for and havent been able to find.

Which is prob a good thing - as that leaves time for sleep!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
S
Originally Posted by itistoughlove
The issue Scotty is you can see the red flags of her marriage all over the place. Nobody wants a pizzing contest. It is frustrating when someone spends so much time here, yet you see the marriage sinking on the Titanic.

I actually enjoyed the comments because it reminds me of what I would have if I took WH back today. I don't want to be that person anymore. I used to be able to fly off the handle like that - every little thing got under my skin.

Today - I try to learn from those people and those moments. It is hard to write to someone when you know they aren't using the comments to really grow.

Thing is, I read her post. I didn't know what to say, since it wasn't about implementing MB. Sure, there was evidence that MB isn't being used, but I can't MAKE anyone use MB. Also, for a poster whom has been here longer than I to post something, what would I have to add? They should already know more than I do, if they are using the principles in their marriage and doing it the way it is supposed to be done.

I don't post to affairages. As soon as I see that the poster is in one, I ignore them. I won't help people who have knowingly destroyed someone else's life, and now are trying to keep the affairage together. Do some people post to them? Certainly, but not I. I also don't take a lot of time to post to people who aren't legally married to each other. MB can have SOME advantages for them, but not all of MB.

Does any of this mean that I am in a "click?" HECK NO. What it means is that I have my own choices on whom to post to, and I use them. I have loads and loads of experience with plan B, so when a poster is getting close, I will do whatever I can to help them out. But again, I can only give you the same advice again and again if you aren't going to use it.

Remember, the Love Bank applies to ALL relationships in our lives. Even here, there are certain people's names that SCREAM at me "DO NOT READ THIS." Does that make me a bad person? I wouldn't say so.

As far as what I write on my thread now, and for a while, it has been mostly just "talk." I haven't asked for MB type advice for a while. I am only sharing what is going on during my Plan B to allow others to see for themselves what can happen.

The last IM exchange I had, and for MANY of the last ones, I haven't asked MB how I should respond or what I should say, I did it first and then talked about it here to update it for everyone else. I was unaware that some people didn't want me to update my posts. Oh well, I am NOT doing it for them, so I am not going to stop because they don't want it to continue. No sweat off my back.

Just a reminder to people posting, there ARE people on the other side of these words, and they have LIVES too. They have CHOICES, and you shouldn't condemn people for how they CHOOSE to post. And if you feel like YOU aren't getting enough timely attention, maybe you should look at YOURSELF before blaming some strangers on a forum that has tried to HELP you in the past.

Throwing a temper tantrum like that only shows an entitlement mindset, which WILL be challenged.

WOW, I really had a lot more in me than I thought. It HURT.

Where's my ZEN garden dern it. grin

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
B
B
Originally Posted by Scotland
Oh Bill, don't worry, MY WH has blamed YOU for the vietnam war. It has to be someone else's fault of course. MrRollieEyes

NOW I'M SERIOUS!!.....I LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!!!

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
DD=24 (My step-daughter, been raising her since the age of 8, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!)
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
WW moved out of the home = May 1,2011
D-Day=July 4, 2011
Dear Wife: I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you!.....as of Aug-2012 forget that last part....Good Luck to you and GOODBYE!!
"Mourn the woman she was. Know the woman she is."
B
B
Originally Posted by indiegirl
It's a darn good thing that I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you or I'd just leave to to your "Crazy Alien Life" and let you fall on your face!

Oh Bill you are a Plan A hero!!!!

I just love this - put it in your sig if you have room.

I DID IT!!!!

And it's TRUE!!.......I LOVE MY WIFE!!!!

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
DD=24 (My step-daughter, been raising her since the age of 8, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!)
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
WW moved out of the home = May 1,2011
D-Day=July 4, 2011
Dear Wife: I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you!.....as of Aug-2012 forget that last part....Good Luck to you and GOODBYE!!
"Mourn the woman she was. Know the woman she is."
S
S
Oh Bill, don't worry, MY WH has blamed YOU for the vietnam war. It has to be someone else's fault of course. MrRollieEyes

NOW I'M SERIOUS!!.....I LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!!!

THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT HAHAHAHAHA

Okay, I'm not REALLY going. I can't leave this place. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
W
W
Thing is, I read her post. I didn't know what to say, since it wasn't about implementing MB. Sure, there was evidence that MB isn't being used, but I can't MAKE anyone use MB. Also, for a poster whom has been here longer than I to post something, what would I have to add? They should already know more than I do, if they are using the principles in their marriage and doing it the way it is supposed to be done.

Scotty, I think that's a great point, truly - I read the whole thing as well, but IMO, I didn't have anything to offer. I stunk at resolving conflict pre-A, and while I have learned MB principles, I have basically no experience implementing POJA in a recovering M.

As far as what I write on my thread now, and for a while, it has been mostly just "talk." I haven't asked for MB type advice for a while. I am only sharing what is going on during my Plan B to allow others to see for themselves what can happen.

Yep. I feel like I blog more than anything else. I don't have an outlet IRL, at least here I get encouragement to keep going, b/c IRL if I do say anything about my sitch I don't get that, I essentially get the whole "it's time for you to move on" speech. I don't have a lot of hope, but I still have some, and I am not ready to lose that last little bit yet, thankyouverymuch. So I know I'm not technically "In Recovery" though I post there, but I'm not "SAA" either...maybe I should move to the D thread, but I'll save that for when all hope is gone. Read or don't read, it's no skin off my nose, but I do appreciate the folks who chime in from time to time even though there's not much that can be said to help in my sitch, except for just knowing that someone hears me out there, and maybe doesn't think I'm nuts.

Or maybe y'all do think I am nuts and are too nice to tell me. crazy

FWIW back to my original point (did I have one?) I read a lot of the threads here, but only weigh in on the ones I feel I can offer help. I don't like jumping in on BH threads too soon with the FWW label, but tend to wait a bit. I feel comfortable trying to help new WSs (WWs particularly) b/c obviously, been there, done that.

In an unrelated note in a more rant-like vein, I have jury duty tomorrow. Urgh. stickout

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
S
S
Jury Duty? SHUDDER.

Are you already picked, or are you going for selection?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
In fact I am posting on the other people's threads with what limited experience I can offer - paying it forward.
And a fine job you're doing smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

W
W
I dunno if I'll actually get picked for a jury - I'm in tomorrow's "pool." The letter they sent me assigns a #, and then they called jurors # 1 to 200-and-something, and my # is in that range. One of the guys at work got called a few weeks ago, and got on a civil case for an entire week. frown Most folks who have anything to do with working in the "system" get dumped from criminal cases, but not so civil, which in a way is kind of a bummer 'cause at least a criminal case might be more interesting. Oh well. Haven't been summoned for jury duty since I was in college, and I got out of it then, so might as well go and earn my $12 (which might just barely cover the gas to get down there!!!) and hope they send me home at the end of the day!

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
G
G
...posts that conflate "clique" with "click"... smile

N
N
Ok, I'm curious, which poster are you referring to ?

Aka S2

I know what's next. I filed for D. Original betrayal and two FR's in one year. I'm done.

A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.

S
S
Originally Posted by GloveOil

Sorry, I was just quoting, but you are SO RIGHT. blush

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
It's prolly better we don't know strike but I was wondering too

N
N
Really? Am I in the "click" or out of it?

Ooh ooh ooh!!! Can I be in the cool-kids' club, too!!

If you post something, and no one responds, it is simply because the people who read it didn't know what to tell you.

Yup, that about sums it up on my end.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
N
Originally Posted by GloveOil

...posts that require me to look up the meaning of "conflate"...

smile

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

G
G
Touche! smirk

M
M
...posts that require me to look up the meaning of "conflate"...
I was a little conflated today, but I took a Tums. I'm a lot better now.
dance2

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 50 of 89 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 432 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation