Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 32 1 2 30 31 32
M
M
Hope,

Just learning had an amazing post on ComicTragedies thread concerning "Self Esteem".

Many times people come to the forums and talk about the "Low Self Esteem" and how that is creating so many problems in their lives. They should have, could have, or would have if they just had higher self esteem.

Just learning discussed self esteem in terms of values. One lives by these values. They define who and what we are in terms of character.

Often times in marriage one will look around to determine their low self esteem caused them to have all these problems without realizing "Self and Esteem" are really a basis for telling us we aren't living our values.

If you live your values then you hold yourself in High esteem. By failing to adhere to them is when you begin to find yourself in self loathing.

There really isn't much more to it.

We can understand the hurt you feel which is the direct result of your WH's actions. We have all been there. That hurt doesn't define who you are or what you are about, and it certainly doesn't define your values.

Last edited by itistoughlove; 09/18/11 12:21 PM.
H
OP Offline
H
Peachy, back in June you said:
Don't quit posting at all. I will email a mod to see how to get your my private email. Don't do as I did and quit posting. Please keep on! It is important to your recovery! Others depend on seeing you as a great example, as you are inspiring others.

It's okay that you've changed your mind, but this is quote is what made me believe that you desired to exchange email addresses with me. I did ask a mod to provide you with my email back in June.

Take care, Peachy. You're one in a million.

Last edited by HopeandGrace; 09/18/11 01:26 PM. Reason: added more

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
Quotable words from peachyisback
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
E
E
Well I also learned of what I wrote about earlier and just backed off of that.

But I do mean all that I have said to you, with regard to your personal recovery and good steps to take in the future. I just think it is wise, knowing what I do, that my advice remains here on MB. Thanks.

and do as IITL says! Try to apply right now the plan A principles TO YOURSELF. That's what helped me begin the long process of self-recovery. You don't know what will happen yet. This long road could lead to amazing success, but you gotta do the hard work. Unlike dealing with an unrepentant wayward, when you invest 100% effort into healing and reclaiming your life and self-esteem, YOU WIN AND YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT. You get that outcome you want. You entered this fight and will come out the other side a true winner.

But the hard work applies to now yourself and what you, yourself implement. Never, ever, ever give up ok? God DOES have a better future for you. I know He does!

Try maybe going to the divorced/divorcing forum. I believe there is amazing help and support there. Truly those folks also helped me too.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
H
OP Offline
H
Well I also learned of what I wrote about earlier and just backed off of that.

I have been labelled as a person who is dishonest or doing something harmful to MB. I cannot acquit myself of these allegations because nothing I say seems to be believed, but I do wish you the best of all possible futures.

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
Quotable words from peachyisback
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
S
S
H&G, I read on the rants thread that you have entered a true Plan B once again. Is there anything I can advise you on for a darker Plan B? Have you been feeling any of the benefits of a dark Plan B? Have you had any problems staying dark?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 32 of 32 1 2 30 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 450 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation