Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 47 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 46 47
R
R
Let us know how it goes.

M
OP Offline
M
Will do...

Im reminded of a quote:

Only those who attempt the absurd can accomplish the impossible.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
DDay - Early November 2010
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
M
OP Offline
M
Well, I just left the lawyers office where I told him everything I know. I asked tons of questions and he simply told me there are no guarantees but we will do our best. I don't expect any guarantees, I just want to do what I can do and let God do the rest.

I was somewhat discouraged thinking whether immorality and all the proof I have of it would be enough but he actually requested it all even though it's from the 1st 2 months of the separation.

So the fight begins and it's one that I'm not ashamed to have entered.

Last edited by marksaysay; 09/22/11 04:46 PM.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
M
OP Offline
M
As tomorrow approaches, I get more nervous but at the same time, Im sure it'll be okay. Tomorrow is our status hearing and my lawyer will be making his first appearance.

At our last mediation hearing, my wife was informed I would be fighting for custody and that I would get a lawyer. The next day she petitions for an emergency hearing (whatever that is) to finalize the divorce because my statements were just another attempt to prolong things. I can't honestly say that there isn't a small thread of truth to that but it's small. My MAIN focus is me and my daughter.

I don't think she thought I could or would get a lawyer. I did and I think she will be surprised to say the least. So the journey continues....

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

R
R
Originally Posted by marksaysay
So the journey continues....

And so it does! You are doing well on it.....as well as could be given the circumstances.

C
C
Let us know how you got on today Mark.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Caracal
Let us know how you got on today Mark.

Maybe I'm missing something. Could you please help me understand this statement...

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

C
C
Sorry mark, maybe my Aussie slang needs translation, lol. How did court and your lawyer go today? Hope that is better...

Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

Plan B has set me free.

S
S
It's not your Aussie slang that is the problem, it's the timing. It's still Sunday night over here silly. I dunno how they do things down under, but we don't usually have court on Sundays. laugh

I am sure Mark will let us know how things go. It's nice that you care. We will all be standing behind him.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
OP Offline
M
Okay, now I'm with you. Court is not until tomorrow and I will surely update you guys on the happenings.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

C
C
Oops. blush

Plan B has set me free.

M
OP Offline
M
Well, here's the update on today's status hearing...(rather long)

It began rather interesting to see her mother and aunt there. Her mother has been her biggest supporter in spite of knowing what she's done. Her aunt (who's very nonconfrontational) has been non-committal and her presence was the biggest surprise because she also knows.

We were asked into the judges chamber where he wanted to know what was still on the table after our failed mediation. Wife said she didn't know. My lawyer stated everything including custody. My wife then gets mad about that and starts asking why. The judge, in a very agitated voice says anyone can fight for custody. She starts outlining how I haven't seen my daughter since June (not true and she knows it) and how she's tried several ways to contact me but I wouldn't respond.

The judge got extremely agitated by that statement since she asked for a protective order, got it granted, but yet admitted to repeatedly trying to contact me. He told her, "This is what you wanted. You didn't want him to contact you and now you're trying to contact him. The order says no contact via email, phone, text, or smoke signal (I so wanted to laugh)." He then tells her she would have to somehow communicate through a third party.

She then tells the judge she wants to utilize the services of a guardian ad litem (child advocate) because my residence was unfit. He replied that it wasn't unfit 10 minutes ago but he still agreed. She also requested that I be analyzed phsychologically (go figure). He stated was she gonna pay for it and she said no.

I have to tell you all the our judge has a known temper throughout the community so that doesn't really help either of us. My lawyer stated that the child advocate might really help because I might be able to tell about why I felt the way I do about custody but they would also probably find out about her boyfriend.

We moved to the courtroom to get things on the record and her mother and aunt came in. The judge ended up kicking them out because her mother was trying to coach her. He then basically yelled at my wife because she seemed to be unwilling to communicate with my lawyer.

He also got mad at her because she suggested that I give her my insurance information (I've been on her insurance for 5 years) but he told her that she couldn't do that because we are still married.

He did have a few words for me stating that I couldn't stop the divorce (I thought right, but God can if he wants). He stated that i was trying to drag things out but no matter what happens, we will get a divorce.

He said that it seems that the two of us are simply trying to hurt one another now when he initially thought, way back in November, that this divorce would be smooth. I shook my head to his notion of me trying to hurt my wife and he asked why I did that. I just told him that I don't want to hurt my wife and that there are details that he's unaware of that cause me to be uncomfortable with my wife raising our daughter for the next 10 years.

He did say that we would have to go back to mediation and that it would possibly be another 3-4 months before any thing will get resolved. My wife wasn't the least bit happy about that. Lawyer said he thinks she may be already trying to get married again. I said IDK but who knows.

Anyways, that's the rather lengthy update.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

B
B
Mark,

You did great! Did your attorney help you at all?

Thanks!

Nancy

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
M
OP Offline
M
Yes, he was a great help. He went to school with the judge and has a lot of experience with him. He actually helped me keep from sabatoging my case with my mouth a couple of times. He's now in the process of working on getting my parenting time back on track. It has badly compromised by the Protectice Order and the fact that she pretty much refused to communicate through a third-party.

Last edited by marksaysay; 09/26/11 05:29 PM.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

S
S
Sounds like the judge saw through your WW, and that he is going to support your Plan B.

It's not just about prolonging the D, it's also about getting what you need to get done.

Sounds like it was as best as it could be.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
OP Offline
M
It wasn't a great day but I guess it was a step in the right direction. He did seem pretty agitated at me, though, because "I'm trying to stop the divorce".

All this time, I will say that was most of my motivation. I don't know if it has helped or hurt my chances to get my daughter. I guess the unfortunate thing is I'm gonna be forced to release all the details in a public forum, to a social worker (probably) and bring shame to my wife. I still don't want to do it but what choices do I have.

Oh, yeah, I also have to get another job in order to pay for the continued litigation and stuff. That's okay though. It's what I MUST do.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

C
C
I guess the unfortunate thing is I'm gonna be forced to release all the details in a public forum, to a social worker (probably) and bring shame to my wife. I still don't want to do it but what choices do I have.

Nope. Mark, my brother, she brought the shame, Not you...

CV
(did Dallas get stomped??)

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by celticvoyager
I guess the unfortunate thing is I'm gonna be forced to release all the details in a public forum, to a social worker (probably) and bring shame to my wife. I still don't want to do it but what choices do I have.

Nope. Mark, my brother, she brought the shame, Not you...

CV
(did Dallas get stomped??)

Yeah, I know. The love I still have for her keeps me with the reservations about doing. I know, at this point, she has really left me no other alternative.

BTW, CV, are you ready to resume as IM?

And no, Dallas won.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

C
C
BTW, CV, are you ready to resume as IM?

And no, Dallas won.

In light of what you last wrote??? hmmmm.. Can I IM for a cowboys fan???? think

LOL.. Yeah. Let me know later today which account and all that stuff. Talk to the lawyer maybe and see if he has a suggestion on how to approach this.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
Had an interview today for the second job I need to pay for the continued divorce/custody ordeal. Could start as soon as Saturday.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

Page 21 of 47 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 893 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation