Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 47 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 46 47
M
OP Offline
M
She works for our state department of child services.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
DDay - Early November 2010
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
M
M
Originally Posted by marksaysay
Then your attorney needs to make sure any contact to them needs to be to her supervisors in some seriously stern wording. Child Services is taxpayer-funded. They can't afford to have an employee in a position of any power there who is also endangering her own child.

So much the better. Raise a little hell. No, strike that - raise a LOT of hell.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
C
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Then your attorney needs to make sure any contact to them needs to be to her supervisors in some seriously stern wording. Child Services is taxpayer-funded. They can't afford to have an employee in a position of any power there who is also endangering her own child.

ITA...

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
C
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

I also agree, raise a LOT Of hell. I am not sure how it works in the States, but in UK all social workers need to be registered with the General Social Care Council. Complaints about conduct or behaviour can be made to them and to the social worker's direct employer. If there is an equivilent deal in your country, you could have lawyer put strongly worded letters in with both agencies. Make sure any contact is in writing and sent registered post or hand delivered with you taking a stamped copy of receipt. If there is a GSCC equivilent, WW could potentially lose her registration and be unemployable within the field (or demoted to SW assistant or such, big pay cut)... though this would be a long shot it is highly likely WW would be called into a meeting and forced to think twice about her irresponsible behaviour with your DD. And remove the pic.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
M
OP Offline
M
My lawyer will be contacting me shortly. I will recommend that he push the issue in terms of the picture. I think I'm gonna also suggest dcs (her employer) be contacted.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
B
B
Prayers to you and your daughter....

ba

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
M
OP Offline
M
Lawyer stated that since a GAL has been appointed, the pic and all the other questionable stuff should just be held until I meet with her since her recommendation is going to carry a lot of weight in court. They also said legally WW's actions cannot be THE basis for the decision but it IS strongly considered.

Other than that, WW fought hard but to no avail on the most pressing issue, my parenting time. And guess what? I get my daughter in about an hour.... Yeeeaaaahhhh!!!!

It's a small but huge step in the right direction.

Last edited by marksaysay; 10/07/11 03:42 PM.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

B
B
So happy to hear that! Enjoy your time with your daughter! Your ww is evil trying to keep you from her!

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by beginagain
So happy to hear that! Enjoy your time with your daughter! Your ww is evil trying to keep you from her!

I understand your point but here's mine:

My WW is not evil nor is she my enemy. I wholeheartedly believe she is a weak Christian that gave Satan a foothold in her life and he's taking full advantage. She's terribly backslidden as is being deceived to think that sinful pursuits will bring her lasting happiness.

She's too blinded to see and realize that happiness and REAL joy are different. Several months ago, she told me she was praying for peace. With all that's going on, I don't believe she has it - worried about custody, the divorce still pending after almost a year, financial difficulties due to divorce issues being unresolved, the disappointment of people who love and care for her, being too shamed IMHO to attend the only church she's known, etc...

She's not my enemy and I don't hate her. I hate what she has done to me, our family, and to herself.

I may be wrong but that's what I believe. And since I believe it, I also believe that God, in his timing, will bring her back to him. Right now, I'm committed to waiting with God for her return. Right now.....

Please understand that waiting and pining are not the same. I stopped pining over her months ago. I just came to realize I can't change her. I will simply live my life and wait on God.

Last edited by marksaysay; 10/07/11 05:02 PM.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

C
C
She's not my enemy and I don't hate her. I hate what she has done to me, our family, and to herself.
I feel exactly the same Mark. I hate the actions of WH, and mourn the man he was. But I still have hope that my real husband will reappear, that his death is not permanent. Thanks for a much needed reminder that hating the person will only make us bitter and consumed.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
B
B
Hey Mark,

Of course what you are saying is true. Hate the sin, love the sinner as they say.

Best,

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
R
R
MarriageBuilders is designed with reserving the love you have for a wayward via a plan B.

Capisce?

M
OP Offline
M
Yeah, I know. I have even realized that even if divorce does happen, that doesn't mean I have to stop loving her. My unconditional love for my WW actually transcends the status that may eventually be listed at the courthouse.

I know she may not deserve it but I love her nonetheless, wayward or not.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

M
OP Offline
M
So I checked my phone this morning and noticed a call from MIL. I'm sure it either has to do with my fight for custody or more like my WW being forced into letting me have my daughter this weekend.

Since this all began, I wrote MIL letter in which I exposed my wife and simply asked for assistance in saving my family. Since she didn't respond, I tried to call and even went to her home several times. She wouldn't answer either and I knew she was home.

Now that I'm fighting for my daughter, she wants to talk.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

C
C
Mark, I haven't seen this mentioned about the pic of your daughter, but here's something else to consider. Has nothing to do with a pervert enjoying the picture, but what if one of the people who can access her account leaves it open on their computer. Their kid sees it and saves it on their cell phone (all kids have them now, right?) and shares it with everyone at school. How's your daughter going to feel about that? What if it comes back to haunt her when she's in junior high? High school? This could be majorly embarrasing for her for the rest of her life. Please keep pushing this with everyone involved and don't let it be swept under the rug. This isn't the infant lying on the bearskin rug, this is a young girl who will be devastated to find out that so many people, all her mom's friends at the very least, saw that picture. My folks had a similiar pic of me. At least I knew that no one but them ever saw it, but I darn sure destroyed it as a teenager when I realized they still had it. I can't imagine the humiliation I would feel if I knew it had been posted and shared.

M
OP Offline
M
Well,I had an awesome time with my daughter this past weekend. I ended up doing her hair on Sunday night because it was in was a mess.

I told ww's stepmom about it and she was excited about it. She also said her husband (my FIL) told her I was forced to take my daughter. She doesn't know if that was what he was told or if that was his take on the situation. I know it wasn't the truth and she does, too.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

M
OP Offline
M
Just here to report that there's nothing new to report. And that really feels different. I still think about ww but it's more or less concern for her impending reality check somewhere down the road. It's not the sorrow over my seemingly failed marriage. It has nothing to do with the betrayal or her new "relationship". It doesn't even bother me. I still pray for her, asking that God be merciful to her.

Well, I guess there is some new news. I started my second job last night. It was nothing but training, or retraining, since I worked there before. Just sat in a room reading from a book and watching videos (Ugh!). Tonight, I think I'll get a chance to move around a bit more. Can't wait.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

S
S
Congrats on the new old job. laugh

And isn't Plan B great? The longer you are in it, the less the A seems to affect your life. Keep it up. You're doing great.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
OP Offline
M
The other day, I got a new cell phone and did the whole transfer thing. As I was looking through it, i found an old text from ww I'd forgot about from March. It talked about how she knew that I needed to find someone else and that she wouldn't mind if i did.

I thought back and realized that don't NEED anyone. I haven't dated. I don't have a desire to date and i'm okay with that. I've realized that I can live all by myself.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

M
OP Offline
M
Here to report that I'm doing really good. I started my 2nd job and will be heading there in a bit.

An interesting thing to tell is pastor got another call from MIL asking him to tell me to leave the church so ww could attend the church where she grew up. Pastor said he would not. He said he told her if ww really wanted to be there, where was she the 3 months I was gone. MIL stated 3 of those weeks were spent with her father (which I and pastor both know to be a lie since I've been talking with FIL's wife the whole time). He size if that were true, where was she the other 9 weeks. There was no response.

Pastor also told me that he told our divorce judge (they are friends) that he knew us. Judge told him he was p!seed of (his exact words) when wife said she'd been trying to contact me after he granted her a protective order. He knows she's trying to use the system and that she's not threatened by me...

So the soap opera continues....stay tuned.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

Page 24 of 47 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 935 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation