Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
M
MrA Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Nope it was me MrA. I never sent her the GIFT. I just leaked a little to my friend about my "council" & she just deduced from there it wasn't my church... all I had to do is google expose affair and this comes up #1. A lil surfin and there ya go. I am trying to get her to see at this point there are good hearted people here that want to SAVE MARRIAGES. Not destroy them. Still isn't rite with the amount of exposure i did - which wasnt 513 sorry... more like 50 and then it spread from there.

I hope to give a good update & some good news. One positive is the OM emailed her today & she called me immediately. She trashed it & didnt open. I checked trash when I saw her and then i permanently deleted it. We talked abt getting new email and a letter of NO CONTACT.

C
C
Originally Posted by MrA
Nope it was me MrA. I never sent her the GIFT. I just leaked a little to my friend about my "council" & she just deduced from there it wasn't my church... all I had to do is google expose affair and this comes up #1. A lil surfin and there ya go. I am trying to get her to see at this point there are good hearted people here that want to SAVE MARRIAGES. Not destroy them. Still isn't rite with the amount of exposure i did - which wasnt 513 sorry... more like 50 and then it spread from there.

I hope to give a good update & some good news. One positive is the OM emailed her today & she called me immediately. She trashed it & didnt open. I checked trash when I saw her and then i permanently deleted it. We talked abt getting new email and a letter of NO CONTACT.

Good on ya. take this bull by the horns and pull it to the ground. Has she admitted it was a PA yet?

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
R
R
Mr A - if thats really you, cause I am confused.

I am gonna pick a fight maybe with some of the members here, which I don't mean to do but I want to get one point across very clearly.

Religeon is NOT a shield against an affair. One of my closest contacts on this site is currently divorcing his wife after two affairs in two years. And she was just took an office in the Catholic church.

So the church is great and all, by all means get everything you can from it if it will get you mileage, but stick to the plan here.

Also that letter, WOW. You better set that bar high cause shes one defiant woman.

Your thread is a full time job just reading, let alone the good people helping you. So don't waste the advice.

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
N
N
Originally Posted by MrA
We talked abt getting new email and a letter of NO CONTACT.

If you are negotiating this with her then, well, I give up.

I would normally say change her cell number, too, but she'll just give him the new one.

Careful with STDs and any children born. Get my drift? I wonder if the sex she had with you (you mentioned it earlier in your thread) was done because she had unprotected sex with OM and wanted to cover her bases.

I wouldn't trust her one damn bit. All the more so since she is reading your thread.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

M
M
We talked abt getting new email and a letter of NO CONTACT.
What requirements have you given her in order for her to remain with you in marriage, MrA? I can think of a few:

She takes a polygraph.
NC letter.
Counselling with Steve H. on this website.
All of her time is accounted for by you.
You control the money.

Your WW is extremely manipulative. She is extremely foggy and within a heartbeat of running back to OM. (oh yeah, almostdied, I'M TALKING TO YOU - you can run and fall down and roll around in the woods BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE.) You cannot allow her to work you and slide back in to the marriage. All of her religious-speak won't save her. She's not special-she's a typical wayward. You'll need to treat her as such.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
N
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
Mr A - if thats really you

It's likely him, but his WW (screen name 'almostdied') is reading along as well.

Apparently, Mr A's exposure was sacrilegious or something and she insists that he apologize for daring to get upset with her being an adulteress. She got a little upset, it seems, that folks didn't believe that she was the angelic creature who was merely polishing her halo when the exposure bomb went off.

Go figure, huh. A wayward in denial smile

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

S
S
Mr. A,

Back to business.

Have you given WW your conditions as laid for you time and time again by Melody?

I don't care if your wife reads or not. Good if she does. Your conditions should not change.

S
S
And, Mrs. A., go back and look at them, too.

YOU, Mrs. A., have a lot of work to do for Mr. A to even think about forgiving you and moving toward rebuilding your marriage.

Start by reading here.

And start by knocking off all of the explanations and God speak. Don't challenge the folks here with the Bible, my friend. You will lose.

Also, stop the lying about the affair just being emotional. You know that s a lie. I know that is a lie.

Once you stop lying, you'll see what you've done, and how to fix it. You can, but stop all of the crap.

M
M
Originally Posted by MrA
One positive is the OM emailed her today & she called me immediately. She trashed it & didnt open. I checked trash when I saw her and then i permanently deleted it. We talked abt getting new email and a letter of NO CONTACT.

That is NOT a positive. All it means is they are still in contact and the affair is still on. In order for the affair to end, ALL contact has to end. She is responsible for blocking ALL CONTACT. Until that happens, the affair is still on.

The fact that she called you is meaningless. MEANINGLESS. If she were an alcoholic and she called you every time she drank would she still be sober? Of course not. The solution is to make sure he NEVER CALLS her by changing her phone #. If she is serious she will give you her phone.

However, she is not serious. Your wife is about as a wayward as they come and is committed to blaming you for her affair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MrA
One positive is the OM emailed her today & she called me immediately.

They are still in contact. CONTACT HAS NOT ENDED.

You are still in the same place you were last week before you exposed. Contact has to end FIRST.

STEP ONE: ALL CONTACT MUST END FOR LIFE.

You can't go to Step Two until you have done STEP ONE.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD. Proverbs 17:15

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[Rather, when you see her next explain to her that you want to have a romantic, loving, SAFE marriage and that you are not willing to settle for less and won�t stay in a loveless marriage. Tell her you are willing to give her an opportunity to earn your forgiveness. [be a broken record with this last comment!!] In order for the marriage to recover, certain things have to happen. This is what it will take to keep you interested:

1. ENDING ALL CONTACT FOR LIFE - CHANGING EMAIL ADDRESSES, CELL PHONE #S TO ENSURE THE OM CANNOT CONTACT HER EVER AGAIN

2. complete transparency - cell phone passwords, email

3. no more opposite sex friendships

4. complete honesty about her affair<s> � passing a polygraph

5. no more nights apart or going out without each other - create a healthy, integrated lifestyle

6. commit to a program of recovery that restores the romantic love in your marriage

Tell her "this is what it will take to keep me in this marriage." Whether your marriage ends up with success or failure will depend almost entirely on her willingness and ability to make radical changes. Her lifestyle must become absolutely transparent, holding nothing back. She is in no position to negotiate when it comes to extraordinary precautions, because those precautions are designed to prevent another affair and help you feel safe. She must also meet your emotional needs in a way that until now she has failed. Unless she makes a 180 degree turn in her approach to what it means to be a wife, your marriage won't recover, it will be a crippled version of your pre-affair marriage.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by taking this approach, because if she won't do these things, you will have lost nothing except a loveless, abusive marriage.
[/quote]

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MrA
I am trying to get her to see

This is really not the right approach.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Anyway, MrA, just came by to let you know we're praying for you.

Have you gotten the chance to watch that video, yet? We want to help you, and want to know what you're doing in that regard.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
B
B
Originally Posted by MrA

Seriously? You think this?
After you READ an email, there is a little button to the side of the list that says, "mark as unread". Then you simply trash the remarked email.
Did she delete her SENT folder? How about 5 min after she recieved the OM email?

I am sorry you are going thru this. You seriously need to look at the type of WW you are dealing with, here.

>> Edit to add: I know pretty much all WS seem pretty much the same, denial, lies, distrust and drama. Maybe your WW is not so unusual after all. But after reading the letter she posted here, trying to manipulate an entire online community of marriage builders, I seriously question her ability to even be able to identify truth.
Has she tried her hand at non fiction?

I am so angry at the manipulation, I should not comment about your WW.

Last edited by barbiecat; 10/20/11 08:36 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
E
E
Originally Posted by MrA
One positive is the OM emailed her today & she called me immediately. She trashed it & didnt open. I checked trash when I saw her and then i permanently deleted it. We talked abt getting new email and a letter of NO CONTACT.

As others have suggested, this isn't positive.

Also note, one can read an e-mail, then mark it unread, making it appear it's not yet been opened.

She needs a new e-mail address, and she can tell folks who have a legitimate need for the new address the new address.

Then set the password to the old account to something only YOU know and you can check it for her, forwarding any legitimate mail to her.

If anything legitimate comes like credit card bills or what not, you can change addresses for that service as you notice traffic arriving in the old account.

J
J
Mr A,

Well it's been a busy day for you and your wife, but as each day passes she will start to see things a little straighter and more realistic.
I remember the first two weeks it was like nothing or no one matter to my husband except him and his OW of course and then he started to see what he had done to the other part of his life, me his boys, his work, his friends, his reputation....the OW's husband, her children.........
He was witnessing what harm he had caused and the pain he had inflicted on the people that were close to him and the pain innocent children now were facing because of him...........Slowly he understood the whole situation as to what it really was one big lie to be selfish...........
That took a bit of time to get to..........once that fantasy world is broken and the reality of what is really happening hits it's a different story and you have to look at that fantasy life and really see it for what it is........
It wasn't nice for him, lots of manipulation and lies on the OW's part, she actually slept with both of them for a while...........he was devastated, almost comical though, what did he expect........truth......
The point is she is angry right now because she would have to realistic look at herself and the OM and she knows she is not going to like what she sees....
So she stays angry at you, it's easier.........just don't react just keep saying you did what you had to do to save your marriage and family.
and let her take the time to see the reality of her choices for herself, you and your family......
Let her process it, if that is what she choses to believe then that is her choice but she will have to live with that when she thinks of her family and the type of relationship she has with them.....
You stay calm but firm, you show yourself as strong, a man with honesty and integrity.......
Patience is the key now, let her process ........

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
B
B
There used to be a saying "you can't BS a BS'er".

Maybe it should be altered..
You can't BS a MBer.

Mr. A, please hang in there and keep posting. You are in for a bumpy ride. Listen to the overwhelming advice you have been given.

Understand that people here have seen/heard/played/been played all this WW stuff (fog babble) many times over.
They can and will help you.

Last edited by barbiecat; 10/20/11 08:43 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
M
M
MA-

Your wife seemed to be near a point where you and she could start the next step in the MB process, but that email.

NO CONTACT means just that. She should have by now:

Turned off her Facebook page
Changed her cell phone number
Changed all of her email addresses
Taken his address out of her GPS
Written OM an F-off letter

A wife as on shaky recovery ground as yours surely was dumped back into the fog by even the most innocuous email.

Please use religion as your way to ground yourself, but use MB for saving your marriage. There is nothing holy going on between your wife and her OM. She has chosen an unrighteous path and MB is the better way for glory.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
M
MrA Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by markos
Anyway, MrA, just came by to let you know we're praying for you.

Have you gotten the chance to watch that video, yet? We want to help you, and want to know what you're doing in that regard.

Thank you for prayers markos. I need all I can going up. I have watched the video. Suggested that she did too so she can be introduced to MB.

I scheduled an appt with a counselor for her tmo so she can talk to someone and help stabilize. She still is struggling and feeling worthless and I would not like the suicidal talk to come back again like yesterday after she read the comment comparing rape and infidelity. She thinks everyone is still out to pass judgement upon her, yet all I've heard from friends is that they are here for both of us and our children to help out and see us remain together.

I reassured her MB helps - just look at the vast amount of traffic and programs and etc. I hope you are on here perusing my dear.

H
H
She really needs to quit focusing on everyone else's opinions about her and start focusing on the damage she's done to you and to your marriage and to the covenant you and her have with God.

Everyone's opinions really don't matter. The only opinion that really matters is yours.

Yes, infidelity is emotional rape of your spouse. There is nothing worse that you can do to your spouse.

But Mrs. A, you have a husband willing to forgive. So stop the bullcrap drama, put on your big girl pants, own up to your mistakes, and start rebuilding your marriage.

Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation