Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
M
M
Originally Posted by shortsleeves
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
SS, have you exposed the affair to the OM's parents and family?

That I have not done. I did ask OMW to. I will check in with her to see how that is coming along.
\

SS, they need to hear from you, the disgruntled husband. I would contact them directly and ask them to persuade their son to leave your wife alone.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
WW is starting back into a job soon (3-4 weeks) in a technical field that she has been away from for 5 years, and she is easily distracted by everything going on at the house including everyday life that she has had a hard time getting any work done.
Has she always been this way, having to leave the house to get work done? Or is this a new affliction? skeptical

I've never had to leave my home to get peace and quiet. I may have gone to my bedroom to read if the TV is on, or maybe I'll go into the computer room if there's a lot of activity in the house. But I've never had to go away for the weekend. Nor would I want to.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I would expect them to be together this weekend. The OM will, of course, make excuses to his wife. Why else would a person to go spend the weekend somewhere to "study?"
ITA. OM and his BW are separated. Don't expect him to keep any promise he's made to her about being with her on Sunday if he thinks he has a better offer with WW. All he has to do is call OMW and tell her he isn't feeling well and won't be coming over. Then it's off to WW.

I'm sure that plan is in place. OMW just doesn't know it yet.

Due to his job, OM can not take a day off very easily. The only other thing I could think of would be if WW went to him. Short of stalking WW, is there anything I should be doing other than enjoying the weekend with my kids?

me BS 38
WS 36
DS 5
DD 3
D-day 8/16/11
Begin plan A 9/22/11
M
M
[

Due to his job, OM can not take a day off very easily. The only other thing I could think of would be if WW went to him. Short of stalking WW, is there anything I should be doing other than enjoying the weekend with my kids?

It is stalking to know where your wife is? I would expect this is a ploy to hook up with the OM this weekend. Your wife could just as easily shut the door and study at home. Ask her where she is going and tell her you will be verifying this. Otherwise you can presume she is going off to hook up with loserboy.

Due to his job, OM can not take a day off very easily.

She meant he can cancel his meeting with his wife. And the OMW doesnt know when he works. He can tell her anything.

They are probably hooking up this weekend.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
SS, you need to confront your wife about this. This is a bullcrap cover story so she can meet her OM.

Exposure 101

M
M
Have you been monitoring her via spyware, keyloggers and GPS? Do you have a GPS on her car?

Exposure 101

M
M
[

\

Actually, I would be hiring a PI to follow her this weekend.

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Have you been monitoring her via spyware, keyloggers and GPS? Do you have a GPS on her car?

WW has the laptop admin locked. I tried installing a keylogger and need the admin password first. I really didn't think I needed a GPS tracker until now due to the distance between WW and OM. I have a phone recorder going but that is it right now.

me BS 38
WS 36
DS 5
DD 3
D-day 8/16/11
Begin plan A 9/22/11
M
M

WW has the laptop admin locked. I tried installing a keylogger and need the admin password first. I really didn't think I needed a GPS tracker until now due to the distance between WW and OM. I have a phone recorder going but that is it right now.

What is the phone recorder on? Her cell phone?

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S

What is the phone recorder on? Her cell phone?

Just the land line.

me BS 38
WS 36
DS 5
DD 3
D-day 8/16/11
Begin plan A 9/22/11
M
M
SS, I would be raising holy hell about this. Where is she going and how will you verify her whereabouts? You shouldn't tolerate her running off to see the OM and you need PROOF that isn't happening because her story about going off to "study" is bullcrap. She can "study" at home.

You don't help your marriage in any way by pretending to accept her excuses to carry on her affair. It just makes you look gullible at best and COMPLACENT at worst. Complacence reflects a LACK OF CARING.

Dr HArley would tell you to cause as much conflict as possible in the affair, SS. That is what you need to do. Raise hell about this plan to go off to "study" and expose the affair to the OM's parents and facebook friends. Don't sit there and roll over, my friend.

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
SS, I would be raising holy hell about this. Where is she going and how will you verify her whereabouts? You shouldn't tolerate her running off to see the OM and you need PROOF that isn't happening because her story about going off to "study" is bullcrap. She can "study" at home.

You don't help your marriage in any way by pretending to accept her excuses to carry on her affair. It just makes you look gullible at best and COMPLACENT at worst. Complacence reflects a LACK OF CARING.

Dr HArley would tell you to cause as much conflict as possible in the affair, SS. That is what you need to do. Raise hell about this plan to go off to "study" and expose the affair to the OM's parents and facebook friends. Don't sit there and roll over, my friend.

I just confirmed again with OMW that she will keep tabs on OM all weekend. I will say WW has done this sort of thing in the past when she has been brushing up on things for an exam or something. I agree it looks very fishy and I will need to figure out how to verify the legitimacy of this. I know where she will be going this weekend (or at least where she says she will be this weekend). I guess the kids and I will be going on a road trip to check up on mom.

I just learned from OMW that OM's family basically condones his actions or at least they see no problem. I have asked her to think about people in his life that may have an influence on him and to expose the A to them.

me BS 38
WS 36
DS 5
DD 3
D-day 8/16/11
Begin plan A 9/22/11
M
M
I just confirmed again with OMW that she will keep tabs on OM all weekend.
SS, assume that won't happen. Don't depend on OMW's promises - she has very limited control over her WH!

"Hi, BW. Sorry, I can't make it over to the house today. I've got to take a good friend to the doctor/another state/hunting lodge, etc."

THEN what's she going to do? Nooo

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
[

I just confirmed again with OMW that she will keep tabs on OM all weekend. I will say WW has done this sort of thing in the past when she has been brushing up on things for an exam or something. I agree it looks very fishy and I will need to figure out how to verify the legitimacy of this. I know where she will be going this weekend (or at least where she says she will be this weekend). I guess the kids and I will be going on a road trip to check up on mom.

I am betting she has met up with him before using this ploy and would encourage you to go surprise her.

I just learned from OMW that OM's family basically condones his actions or at least they see no problem. I have asked her to think about people in his life that may have an influence on him and to expose the A to them.

I would expose the affair to his parents and ask them to use their influence to persuade him to leave your wife alone. That is ok if they "condone" it, but it might be that they don't believe his wife and believe the OM's lies. They would believe you. You wouldn't believe how many gullible BS's will tell us somethjing like "oh, my WS told his parents and they think he should follow his heart!" when in truth, the WS told his parents a load of crap and they know nothing about the affair. At the worst, it would cause conflict in the affair and the OM would know you are not going to stand by and allow this to happen. Also, I seriously doubt all his facebook friends would condone it either.

If they already know, then there is no reason NOT to call them.

Exposure 101

M
M
[I just confirmed again with OMW that she will keep tabs on OM all weekend.

Keep in mind that her "tab keeping" has not prevented him from having an affair for a very long time. He has been carrying on an affair for a very long time right under her nose. Her effectiveness in this regard is very suspect.

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Got home a bit early today from work. Things were not in a good place when I left for work this morning and I wanted to have a chance to chat with WW before she left for the weekend. Yeah, she's still real pissed. She wrote me a short note about how angry she feels that I exposed to her friends and family. She says that she has been trying to move forward in this process with trust and respect. I don't think I even need to comment on that last statement.

I explained to her that what I was doing was what I felt was best for her, me, us, and our family. I hoped that one day she would understand my motives. That I chose specific people in our lives to contact. I didn't just walk down the street ringing doorbells telling the world.

Like I said, she is heading out this weekend to get away from the house and to brush up on some things before she gets back to work. I wanted to assure myself that this was what she was doing so I went through her bag that was packed in the car. It all checked out. She did catch me snooping which wasn't good. That kind of fed the rage that she has inside her right now. I am wondering how much worse this is going to get. Trust is a major issue for us right now. She asked me why I can't take her word for what she says. I told her that I got burned real bad this summer when I did that and I was trying to protect myself. The whole "trust but verify" thing. I feel like I had to do these things to move forward but wonder if I made things worse in the long run.

One of her major beefs with how she has been living is that she has felt like she is being controlled. She sees me trying to break up the A as just that. Me trying to control her life. Again, I told her that I was trying to do what was best for our family and that we could not get to a place where we could negotiate unless that was gone.

Another issue that she has been complaining about is the whole lack of boundaries that she feels is going on in the house. Right now she sees this mistrust and snooping as an invasion of her privacy. My mistrust is reinforcing her decision to move out and get away from that problem.

She has said to me repeatedly that the problems we have aren't related to the A. That the A could end today and she would still want to leave.

This is tough. At least I have the kids all weekend.

me BS 38
WS 36
DS 5
DD 3
D-day 8/16/11
Begin plan A 9/22/11
M
M
Another issue that she has been complaining about is the whole lack of boundaries that she feels is going on in the house. Right now she sees this mistrust and snooping as an invasion of her privacy. My mistrust is reinforcing her decision to move out and get away from that problem.

Unfortunately, these are the words of someone who is very active in an affair. Your wife has no right to the privacy to destroy you behind your back. You have a RIGHT to know absolutely everything she does. And the reason she doesn't like you snooping? Because she has something to hide. People who have nothing to hide don't hide.

The affair is going strong, SS. I am sorry to say. That is why she wants to split up and that is why she objects to you snooping.

You should promise her that she can "trust" you to watch her like a hawk so she cannot carry on an affair behind your back.

And you need to go find her this weekend. She is hiding something and you have a right to find out what.

Exposure 101

M
M
Dr Bill Harley, founder of Marriage Builders:

"Almost everyone denies an affair at first, even when confronted with overpowering evidence. When a woman I counseled broke in on her husband having sex with a neighbor, he tried to convince her that she was having an hallucination.

While seeing your spouse in bed with a lover is sure-fire evidence of an affair, that kind of evidence is usually close to impossible to find. But there are many other less intrusive ways to detect ongoing affairs.

For an unfaithful spouse to engage in an affair without detection, two separate lives must be created, one for the lover and one for the spouse. A certain amount of dishonesty is required in both of them, but the major deception is with the spouse.

So one of the most common clues of an affair is an unwillingness to let a spouse investigate all aspects of life. If two lives are necessary for an affair, and if a spouse is curious enough, the secret second life is relatively easy to discover. Difficulty in getting a spouse to talk about events of the day can be a sign of trying to hide the second life.

One of the most common smoke-screens used by unfaithful spouses is to express shock that their spouse would be so distrusting as to ask questions about their secret second life.They try to make it seem as if such questions are an affront to their dignity, and a sign of incredible disrespect. They figure that the best defense is a good offense, and so they try to make their spouses feel guilty about asking too many questions.

I am a firm believer in letting each spouse do as much snooping around as they want. Nothing should be kept secret in marriage, and no questions should be left unanswered. If a spouse objects to such scrutiny, what might he or she be hiding?
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5060_qa.html

Exposure 101

M
M
She has said to me repeatedly that the problems we have aren't related to the A. That the A could end today and she would still want to leave.

This is because she wants to distract you from her affair. No WS wants it said that a marriage ended over an affair. Her goal is to deflect the blame to you. CLASSIC behavior.

Exposure 101

R
R
No marriage is perfect without problems shortsleeves but having an affair just adds poison and if the energy spent towards the affair partner was spent brainstorming how to build a great marriage....it would be more logical.
Affairs are not good solutions to marriage issues.

Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 129 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation