Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 59 of 89 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 88 89
N
N
Kind of hard to tell now. Doesn't matter, whatever is posted on his thread will be read by her now.

A good thing her thread was locked--I was just about to post a "not-so-nice" comment to her. Gotta remember your admonition to not be so darned mean to those poor little waywards!!

Holy smokes, her thread really should go down as one of the foggiest narratives ever written.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

P
P
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Holy smokes, her thread really should go down as one of the foggiest narratives ever written.

This linked thread is my favorite wayward fog babble narrative. (my comments are in red)

*** LINK ***

N
N
Originally Posted by Pepperband
This linked thread is my favorite wayward fog babble narrative. (my comments are in red)

*** LINK ***

Wow. That was both funny and painful at the same time.

Seriously, y'all, how do you avoid just not flat-out cussing out some of these wayward posters? Maybe it's just too recent for me to be open-minded to them? Dunno.

Me (BH)
FWW

P
P
Seriously, y'all, how do you avoid just not flat-out cussing out some of these wayward posters? Maybe it's just too recent for me to be open-minded to them? Dunno.

Time. Experience.

Sometimes I cuss anyway.

But, most of the time I remind myself that the dumbasswayturd is someone's beloved .... or was at one time.

We have all been in the position of acting stoopid.
We have all been in the position of needing forgiveness.

Having said that, I think active waywards are needing a good old fashioned [censored]-kickin' .... many a time.

N
N
We have all been in the position of acting stoopid.
We have all been in the position of needing forgiveness.

That's true!

Having said that, I think active waywards are needing a good old fashioned [censored]-kickin' .... many a time.

I'll admit some of my favorite posts are when the OM gets his [censored] kicked by the betrayed husband.

But since you cannot educate them, then I suppose cussing them out on an internet forum would do no good, either.

Me (BH)
FWW

S
S
No reading required!

!!! = post from WS
!!!!!! = post from foggy WS
!!!!!!!!! = post from foggy and busted WS
!!!!!!!!!!!!! + CAPS = post from foggy, busted WS still in active A

P
P
LOL Surfer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rotflmao

N
N
B...B...B...BUT THE EXPOSURE WAS PUBLIC HUMILIATION AND THE WHOLE TOWN AND MY 516 FACEBOOK FRIENDS ALL KNOW WHAT A SKANK I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was 13 exclamation points, per your primer, Surfer.

Me (BH)
FWW

M
M

*** LINK ***

This phone call is my favorite:

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2520709#Post2520709

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
S
hahaha! laugh

A
A
Rant on:

Yes, but....

wiggle room in MB

my situation is different

why doesn't MB work? or just MB does not work and is not worth my time

Good grief. Rant off.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
S
S
Here ya, AM. Know the thread. Grrr.

M
M
And another rant:

"After all the incalculable damage I've done to everyone around me with my selfish decisions, after I've laid waste to years and years of what could have been happiness and contentment for myself, my husband, my children, our friends and family...I'M BACK!!! YAY!! It's ALL GOOD! IT'S LIKE MY BAD ACTIONS NEVER HAPPENED!! YAY FOR ME!!!"

"So, we're going to just pick up on where we left off. No one wants to look at the messy reasons behind my selfish choices, right? I mean, why bother?? I'm back in the marriage, aren't I?? I don't need to look at my nasty behaviors and do anything differently - everyone is just sooooo glad to get back to NORMAL."

So unfortunate. In so many ways.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
N
Originally Posted by Surfer88
Here ya, AM. Know the thread. Grrr.

A shame, really, when meaningless stuff is pondered and the elephant in the room is ignored.

But I'd hate to judge...

Me (BH)
FWW

C
C
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
And another rant:

"After all the incalculable damage I've done to everyone around me with my selfish decisions, after I've laid waste to years and years of what could have been happiness and contentment for myself, my husband, my children, our friends and family...I'M BACK!!! YAY!! It's ALL GOOD! IT'S LIKE MY BAD ACTIONS NEVER HAPPENED!! YAY FOR ME!!!"

"So, we're going to just pick up on where we left off. No one wants to look at the messy reasons behind my selfish choices, right? I mean, why bother?? I'm back in the marriage, aren't I?? I don't need to look at my nasty behaviors and do anything differently - everyone is just sooooo glad to get back to NORMAL."

So unfortunate. In so many ways.

Yup, the sure signs of denial, my late WW was guilty of this, and like Mels sigline,"Misplaced compassion gives power to Evil"

But everybody wants to be the nice guy right? If you are a man you better be, because telling the truth well, you aren't perfect are you?

Well I guess I won right? She died in her sins, and it all caught up with her. Guess what? I never wanted to win this contest. Sure I am slowly putting it all behind me, but seriuosly, am I supposed to forget the person who fought so hard to get out of the alcoholic box she was born into?

Yeah the pride and pain and will to hold onto the past. It really is a death knoll. After all, it isn't fair now is it?

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by it's all about ME
IT'S LIKE MY BAD ACTIONS NEVER HAPPENED!! YAY FOR ME!!!
[Linked Image from images.zaazu.com]

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Lol, it wasn't my fault! They made me do it! I am gonna hold my breath till I turn blue and then you'll be sorry!

Its just not fair!!!!!

P
OP Offline
P
rant/

Hyperbole ( /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή, 'exaggeration') is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

Hyperboles are exaggerations to create emphasis or effect. As a literary device, hyperbole is often used in poetry, and is frequently encountered in casual speech. An example of hyperbole is: "The bag weighed a ton."[2] Hyperbole helps to make the point that the bag was very heavy, although it is not probable that it would actually weigh a ton.

Hyperbole

MB Example of Hyperbole: I stayed stuck in my bad marriage (even though I cheated) because posters told me the MB plans are infallible so the problem must be me.

The truth: I have NEVER read ANYWHERE on MB where an MB poster has been told that the MB plans are "infallible".

MB is not marriage-at-all cost, dating-while-married, or divorce-so-I-can-play. The plans work for those who use the plans properly. MB success can mean building a solid marriage, recovering from an affair, or after all efforts are said and done, a divorce with personal recovery and a life of integrity.

One of the MAIN tenets of MB is HONESTY -- and that doesn't include hyperbole.

Cheers!

/rant

[Linked Image from clicksassy.com]

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Mini rant

Drives me a little crazy to see posters with
reluctance to use Snooping 101 tools such as:

GPS
VAR
Keylogger
Spyware on phone

Especially if an affair is suspected, there has been recent contact, or the WS is still foggy/not fully withdrawn.

This demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of how sneaky a wayward can be, and I have seen this backfire on so many posters over the years, it is not even funny. *sigh*

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
Page 59 of 89 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation