Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 35 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 34 35
Schlag #2564844 11/16/11 05:27 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by Schlag
Amy is totally unconvinced that I didn't love the OW.

Why is this a goal of yours?

I don't see "convince your betrayed wife you never loved the POSOW" anywhere in the Marriage Builders program. It's just not there.

You are not searching for an answer to a philosophical question in phone records. You are trying to persuade your victimized wife not to believe and feel what her instincts lead her to believe and feel.

You've only got six months, and this goal is a waste of time.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2564847 11/16/11 05:35 PM
M
M
Schlag is going into protector liar mode, trying to convince Amy he did not love the POSOW.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2548148#Post2548148

Schlag is here asking us about this, not Amy. What can we tell him to give as an answer?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
Schlag Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[
I have been through a few iterations with the telephone company tech person. There are two months that she says are not in the database. I asked her to check again. she's getting annoyed with me and says she can't do it today or tomorrow but will on friday if she has time. I've been back and forth with her about 8-10 times trying to get all the records.

It might be a good idea for Amy to verify this story herself. This could very well be a lie. And what about the phone records for the past 6 months? She needs those too.

I'm trying to figure out whether I loved her. That is the question that remains unanswered that matters to Amy. I don't believe that I loved her.

You don't need to "figure out" if you loved her. You know how you felt. Looking at phone records obviously won't tell you that.
Amy can verify all the emails from the tech by reading them herself. I left them in my inbox, which is viewable by logging in from home. The phone records for the past 6 months are outgoing only up to september then both incoming and outgoing up to now. They show the calls made march 28 and october 13 about the chat (exactly when I said I called her) and no other calls to OW.

I know that I didn't love the OW. I used her. I got fulfillment from the affair but I didn't love her. I'm convinced. I would have missed her when I broke it off if I had loved her. The fact that I talked to her later in march and july 2010 doesn't mean I loved her. But that's not how Amy views it.

Originally Posted by markos

I don't see "convince your betrayed wife you never loved the POSOW" anywhere in the Marriage Builders program. It's just not there.

You are not searching for an answer to a philosophical question in phone records. You are trying to persuade your victimized wife not to believe and feel what her instincts lead her to believe and feel.

Because she believes it and she thinks until I admit it I'm not being honest with her. And until she believes I'm being honest with her, I get nowhere.

S
Schlag Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by LuvsDavid
Ok, so what happens if you did love her? Why are you so scared of it if you did? I have loved many people in my life but dont love them now.

What is the real question Amy needs the answer for?
Do I love the OW now, or do I love Amy and want to be with Amy.

I think Amy believes I love her and want to be with her. My actions speak for themselves. She just doesn't trust that I will stay that way forever. Nor should she yet. Living this and proving this is my goal.

Schlag #2564855 11/16/11 05:46 PM
M
M
You don't need to "figure out" if you loved her. You know how you felt. Looking at phone records obviously won't tell you that.

I know that I didn't love the OW. I used her.

You sure did use her. The way you acted toward her was not caring love, the action of love.

Did you feel the feeling of romantic love toward her? Did you feel "in love" with her? How did you FEEL? What were your love bank balances with this woman? Did she meet your intimate emotional needs?

Dickering and equivocation:
I got fulfillment from the affair but I didn't love her. I'm convinced. I would have missed her when I broke it off if I had loved her. The fact that I talked to her later in march and july 2010 doesn't mean I loved her. But that's not how Amy views it.

Because she believes it and she thinks until I admit it I'm not being honest with her. And until she believes I'm being honest with her, I get nowhere.

You are trying to control your wife's beliefs. This is abusive and offensive. Stop it.

Schlag #2564856 11/16/11 05:48 PM
M
M
Do I love the OW now, or do I love Amy and want to be with Amy.

I think the correct answer is that you will never see the POSOW again as long as you live, you will never live like this any more, you will do whatever it takes for as long as it takes to restore a good marriage with Amy.

I think Amy believes I love her and want to be with her. My actions speak for themselves. She just doesn't trust that I will stay that way forever. Nor should she yet. Living this and proving this is my goal.

Searching through phone records is irrelevant to living this. Proving how you felt in the past is also irrelevant to living this.

markos #2564858 11/16/11 05:52 PM
S
Schlag Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Schlag is going into protector liar mode, trying to convince Amy he did not love the POSOW.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2548148#Post2548148

Schlag is here asking us about this, not Amy. What can we tell him to give as an answer?
That's a great post. I have to agree that there were residual love bank deposits with OW, both from high school and from the affair. She was my first real girlfriend and took my virginity. In the affair, she fulfilled my EN's and I her.

So I guess the answer has to be that I did love her and care for her on some level? But not enough to care about dropping her at the first sign of losing my wife.

Schlag #2564859 11/16/11 05:55 PM
M
M
[
I know that I didn't love the OW. I used her. I got fulfillment from the affair but I didn't love her. I'm convinced. I would have missed her when I broke it off if I had loved her. The fact that I talked to her later in march and july 2010 doesn't mean I loved her. But that's not how Amy views it.

How DID you feel about the OW?

Saying you didn't love her, "I'm convinced," is not believable language. That is liar language and I would stop talking like that. A person just states how they feel, they don't say "I am convinced." crazy That doesn't make any sense to say that. Something is true or false based on reality, not whether or not you are "convinced." You know the truth, so you obviously don't need convincing.

Amy can verify all the emails from the tech by reading them herself.

So there is an email from the tech stating there is a 2 month GAP?

The phone records for the past 6 months are outgoing only up to september then both incoming and outgoing up to now. They show the calls made march 28 and october 13 about the chat (exactly when I said I called her) and no other calls to OW.

So does this mean you do have the records for the past 6 months?

It is becuase you use weasel words like "I am convinced" and "I know that I didn't love the OW." That is not how an honest person speaks.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Schlag #2564860 11/16/11 05:56 PM
M
M
That's a great post. I have to agree that there were residual love bank deposits with OW, both from high school and from the affair. She was my first real girlfriend and took my virginity. In the affair, she fulfilled my EN's and I her.

So I guess the answer has to be that I did love her and care for her on some level? But not enough to care about dropping her at the first sign of losing my wife.

This sounds HONEST.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
Schlag Offline OP
OP Offline
S
So there is an email from the tech stating there is a 2 month GAP?
Yes.

So does this mean you do have the records for the past 6 months?
Yes, but not incoming records. Amy can't tell if the OW called me prior to september.

This sounds HONEST.
Yeah, it feels honest.

S
S

This sounds HONEST.

Yes! Finally!

L
L

This sounds HONEST.

That was my point, I dont think it is so much if he loved her that matters to Amy, it is just that he cant pass a poly either way so NOTHING is the truth to her.

I dont think Amy has said "if you loved her I'm gone" I just cant picture that. I'm not sure why that one question is the one she stuck on but the fact is you have not givin her an answer that will pass a poly for her to know you are telling the truth about anything.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
3 D-Days from 12/25/10 to 01/06/11
NC - 01/09/11
02/20/12 done beating my head on that wall.
Schlag #2564865 11/16/11 06:16 PM
M
M
Schlag, it is much harder to defend lies than it is to just vomit the truth and face the music. Do you see how much work it is to defend a lie? And it is not working for you.

It takes half the time and effort to tell an unpleasant truth, deal with the fallout than it does to try to peddle some big lie that smells like weasel.

And I don't say this unkindly, but as a former professional liar myself, you are not very good at it. You are persistent, but you are NEVER convincing. You don't have a talent for it.

Exposure 101

Schlag #2564866 11/16/11 06:22 PM
M
M

See, Amy was right. See how she smelled weasel?

She can probably DEAL with the truth. It is the lies she can't deal with. She is not safe if you lie. She is safe if you tell her the truth, no matter how unpleasant it may be.

Exposure 101

S
Schlag Offline OP
OP Offline
S
See, Amy was right. See how she smelled weasel?

She can probably DEAL with the truth. It is the lies she can't deal with. She is not safe if you lie. She is safe if you tell her the truth, no matter how unpleasant it may be.
So, how do I communicate this with her without equivocating or manipulating or minimizing... I don't want to do any more damage than I've done already.

I had an affair. I wouldn't have gone back four times if I wasn't getting something I wanted out of it. I enjoyed it. Michelle filled my emotional needs and I filled hers. She told me she loved me (presumably) because she felt it, and I told her it back. I denied that I loved her to myself because I had some black and white view of love and I didn't want to believe I could be such a huge piece of s#!t do that to Amy. But there was a love bank being filled by another woman. That is undeniable. And I was filling hers when I should have been filling Amy's. Undeniable again.

I also went back looking for it again in the last 6 months. I wanted to change my ways 2 years ago but didn't get it done. I made promises to put in place what we now call EP's but didn't get it done. I continued to lie to Amy because I thought the truth would be the end of us. I failed in what was probably my only chance.

Last edited by Schlag; 11/16/11 06:45 PM.
Schlag #2564877 11/16/11 07:01 PM
M
M
Where you the cause of the break-up of her family?

Schlag #2564880 11/16/11 07:11 PM
H
H
So, how do I communicate this with her without equivocating or manipulating or minimizing... I don't want to do any more damage than I've done already.

A simple start is by answering YES or NO questions with YES or NO.

It is deceptive when you try to explain, justify, deflect, or otherwise.

Secondly, if a statement requires a qualifier, then it is not the truth;

Qualifiers of quantity: some, most, all, none, etc.

Qualifiers of time: occasionally, sometimes, now and again, usually, always, never, etc.

Qualifiers of certainty: I guess, I think, I know, I am absolutely certain, etc.

Qualifiers of relative quality: best, worst, finest, sharpest, heaviest, etc.

This is attempting to add detail that isn't necessary to the answer for your wife's questions.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
Schlag #2564887 11/16/11 07:27 PM
M
M
I denied that I loved her to myself because I had some black and white view of love and I didn't want to believe I could be such a huge piece of s#!t do that to Amy. But there was a love bank being filled by another woman. That is undeniable. And I was filling hers when I should have been filling Amy's. Undeniable again.

No, you denied you were in love with OW because you wanted to deceive Amy. STOP with the weasel words and stop qualifying.

I also went back looking for it again in the last 6 months. I wanted to change my ways 2 years ago but didn't get it done. I made promises to put in place what we now call EP's but didn't get it done. I continued to lie to Amy because I thought the truth would be the end of us. I failed in what was probably my only chance.

You continued to lie because you knew your actions would get you in trouble and you didn't want to stop your behavior.

The way to do it is to STOP equivocating or manipulating or minimizing. Stop it. No more I "didn't realize it was love" or "I was scared.." Just tell her the truth. Here is how it is: I loved her and was addicted to her. I lied about it.

Exposure 101

Schlag #2564888 11/16/11 07:28 PM
P
P

Huh?

Bubba, lem'me tell you sompin' REAL.

My H when he was a WH did indeed love the OW.
He told her so.
When the affair was exposed, he dumped her and he did not miss her.
Why didn't he miss OW? Because he did not miss the sin. The double life. The lies. The anxiety. The shame. The self hatred.

Just own it Bubba. You loved OW. You told OW you lovedf her.
You're so fulla' crap it's stankin' up da' joint twoxfour

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
You're so fulla' crap it's stankin' up da' joint twoxfour

Yep, smells like weasel in here!!

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

Exposure 101

Page 21 of 35 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 34 35

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation