Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Giraffe, don't use this as an excuse to put this off.

I don't see it as an excuse, I really want to tell them in person. They are older but still, this is going to be rough news for them to hear and I would rather be with them. I agree that before is better, but I just don't like telling my kids over the phone.

Another question.... WW works nights sometimes and will be at work each night, Wed-Sat (including Thanksgiving night). Is that bad timing, if she has someplace to go each night?

Me: 46
Wife: 44
Married 24 years
Kids: 4
PA began about 2 years ago.
D-Day: August 2011
G
OP Offline
G
Question.... I think OM is out of town this past weekend and maybe all week. And maybe not accessible even via cell phone. Is that a problem as far as him getting the word? No excuses, just planning. I want to be the most effective.

Thanks.

Married 24 years
M
M
Originally Posted by Giraffe6
Giraffe, don't use this as an excuse to put this off.

I don't see it as an excuse, I really want to tell them in person. They are older but still, this is going to be rough news for them to hear and I would rather be with them. I agree that before is better, but I just don't like telling my kids over the phone.

Again, telling them in person is not as important as the strategic advantage of having everyone know while they are together on Thanksgiving. So, yes, I do view this another avoidance tactic. There is no reason this can't be done over the phone. It won't hurt if you have to tell one or two over the phone. We do this all the time, and phone exposures are just fine.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Another question.... WW works nights sometimes and will be at work each night, Wed-Sat (including Thanksgiving night). Is that bad timing, if she has someplace to go each night?

Another good reason to expose today and tomorrow. If she is home all night Tuesday, that would be ideal.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
G6,

Told my kids in person...W's side via phone...all of OMs family, employers were done via registered mail...

Just do it, please.

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Mel! I really don't see it as avoiding anything other than telling them over the phone. BUT I understand I have been been second quessing things so I understand why you are saying that. Plus I'm sure you deal with folks avoiding this moment all the time.

What about the other question about the OM not being home. I think he is away possbily all week. His son might even be with him. If I tell his ex about this, she can contact my WW but not him or his son until they get back.... is that a problem?

Thanks.

Married 24 years
M
M
Thanks Mel! I really don't see it as avoiding anything other than telling them over the phone. BUT I understand I have been been second quessing things so I understand why you are saying that. Plus I'm sure you deal with folks avoiding this moment all the time.

What does this mean then? That you are avoiding the exposure until AFTER Thanksgiving?

What about the other question about the OM not being home. I think he is away possbily all week. His son might even be with him. If I tell his ex about this, she can contact my WW but not him or his son until they get back.... is that a problem?

Thanks.

No.

Exposure 101

M
M
Thanks Mel! I really don't see it as avoiding anything other than telling them over the phone. BUT I understand I have been been second quessing things so I understand why you are saying that.

I am saying this because if you are using this as a reason to DELAY exposure, it is a WEAK reason. And weak reasons are due to conflict avoidance. But perhaps you are not saying that you are going to DELAY the exposure, just that you won't tell the child who is not there for Thanksgiving until gets home. Is that what you are saying?

Exposure 101

M
M
OM is not your problem at all. I don't get this question. You expose to the people you do. What they do is not up to you. Only what you do.

It's not that complicated, dude. Expose, disrupt the fantasy. The chips fall from there.

Once again, embrace it as the new beginning it is. The beginning of an unknown, to be sure, but a new beginning, a step out of the hell you are in now. You don't act like you like it there.

Embrace it.

P
P
Mel ~~~> banghead

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Mel ~~~> banghead

I know. I must be insane. When a poster asks us to help him push a car up the hill and he REFUSES to take off the parking brake, I should know better.....

As soon as one excuse is shot down, he comes up with another one. I have to remember that this is not my marriage and step away.

Stepping away.........

Exposure 101

O
O
Wow! Seven days later and he's STILL equivocating.

It's like the MB forum was pulled into some cheap sequel to Groundhog Day.

(Bill, is that you . . .)

M
M
Stepping away.........

I've said that about 5 times so far. I think I will do it and enjoy my Thanksgiving.

H
H
G6,

Quit over analyzing and star acting. Please?

You're seriously driving us nucking futs.

Expose. Get it done.

Quit making sorry a$$ excuses and just do it.

I can tell you that waiting for the result of the study of the impact of your exposure on the history of the papacy and it future impact on world history is an exercise in futility.

You're seriously coming off an an indecisive and cowardly person who continuously finds excuses for not doing what needs to be done.

Tell OMW. Who cares what she does with the info.

Tell your kids on the phone. NOW. TODAY.

Stop equivocating.

G
G
Giraffe,

The Monty Python plan for taking a stance.

Please take action.

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 11/21/11 03:16 PM.
N
N
Mel ~~~> banghead

Hey, Pep - from what I have had the pleasure to witness;

I PITY THE FRICKIN' WALL!

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Mel ~~~> banghead

Hey, Pep - from what I have had the pleasure to witness;

I PITY THE FRICKIN' WALL!

shaddup, you yankee dawg!! sigh

Exposure 101

R
R
Mel I am so sorry for whatever I put you through when you were trying to get me to do this. You were so right.

If you hadn't helped me, I'd be in a whole different place right now.

This is just so hard to watch.

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
T
T
Why does it matter where WW will be at night or if the OM will be home to expose?

Do you need their help to expose?

Telling the kids before thanksgiving will only help because WW will have to face them for the holiday weekend.

How can they put pressure on WW if you tell them when they have to leave to go back.

***EDIT***

Last edited by Ariel; 11/22/11 06:43 AM. Reason: Name-calling.
G
GJM Offline
G
He hasn't read my post. I feel stronger ever since exposure. I mess up, but these kind people set me straight. Trust what they're saying.

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 433 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation