Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
S
WW27,

Stop it.

twoxfour

Come on now...listen to JL.

W
WW27 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks!

Papers are going to be filed early next spring. He will not sign the papers until I help him get another visa to stay here...good thing is that divorce here takes less than a day for it to be final. I cannot file back home as neither of us have lived there for a year straight and neither of us are returning there the next year or two.

I do not see him anymore, we communicate by email or text message for simple things such as rent. I am dropping off his rent money at a friend's place. So contact is minimal and just the way I like it.

I had to tell him to quit it last week though, as he decided to give me 20 questions of who I was with and what was I doing which sounds bad but is no longer any of his business.

I am making new friends and doing lots of sightseeing and what not. I am focused on my life plans and as bad as this sounds too, I know even if he wanted to work on the marriage I would no longer want to after trying for so long and being rejected and blamed for everything. I tried all that I could with MB, EP's, O and H, etc.

Last edited by WW27; 11/15/11 10:43 PM.

FWW?
no children
D-day Sept 2010
Divorced requested by BH Jan 2011
Separated Sept 2011
OW discovery Oct 2011
Divorced 2012
WW27 #2564567 11/16/11 12:06 AM
S
S
hug

Good girl. (I don't post to you, but read all about you like many threads.)

I am proud of you, WW27, as I could be your parent 2x in years.

You go, girlie. You rock! You know, if this doesn't work (keep at it?), you know what you have learned, and you are so young...you're going to be just fine.

Hells bells, don't forget what you've learned here. Ever.

W
WW27 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I will remember what I learn here:)

However, stbx thought he could show up on my doorstep seeking SF. I turned him away for many reasons, first of all we are done and over, second of all he was pissed drunk! I do not want he was thinking, I probably do not want to know.

The next day when he was sober I had to tell him to not show up on my doorstep and especially drunk looking for sex. That there was a reason we were keeping minimal contact. He has a girlfriend now who he wants to marry, and wants to have kids with. What on earth are you doing showing up on my doorstep?? (sorry rant) Even with all of this, he will not sign the papers till late winter.

FWW?
no children
D-day Sept 2010
Separated Sept 2011
OW discovery Oct 2011
Divorced 2012
WW27 #2566740 11/21/11 09:12 PM
M
M
WW27, can't you get the divorce without his signature? I would divorce him ASAP and cut him out of your life. He is a user and an abuser.

And what do you mean you "dropped off rent money?" Are you giving him money??

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
WW27 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
No I cannot unfortunately. I cannot divorce back home cause I have not lived there for several years and they will not let me file there unless I live there for a year ( I am not returning for 2 years).

The country I am living in takes less than a day for it to be final, in and out just like that. But he has to be present:(

Since we have been married I have been working and supporting us. He was going to sue for ailmony. So I ended up paying for rent here which is $250USD. I figured that got him out of my hair.

FWW?
no children
D-day Sept 2010
Separated Sept 2011
OW discovery Oct 2011
Divorced 2012
WW27 #2566747 11/21/11 09:31 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by WW27
No I cannot unfortunately. I cannot divorce back home cause I have not lived there for several years and they will not let me file there unless I live there for a year ( I am not returning for 2 years).

The country I am living in takes less than a day for it to be final, in and out just like that. But he has to be present:(

Since we have been married I have been working and supporting us. He was going to sue for ailmony. So I ended up paying for rent here which is $250USD. I figured that got him out of my hair.

WW27, I would stop paying him ANYTHING. Make him take you to court!! He has no money. Are you saying you can't divorce him in this country unless he is there? Why can't you get divorced without him?

I would strongly urge you to go into Plan B. Chop it up to ONLY say: do not contact me PERIOD. Cut this guy out of your life, WW27. Get your divorce and stop giving this user your money.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

WW27 #2566750 11/21/11 09:35 PM
M
M
Even with all of this, he will not sign the papers till late winter.

He has no intention of signing them then either. He is going to drag this out as long as possible so he can continue to USE you. You are his Sugar Momma. I would stop giving him a motivation to use and abuse you. Cut that jerk off!

Exposure 101

W
WW27 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I really cannot divorce without him. I just went and re-read the information. He has to be present and willing before they grant a divorce. I cannot go alone. Here are the things I have to bring, my passport, his passport, he has to show up and agree, and a translation of our marriage certificate to the official language here. The divorce here seriously costs like $50USD and takes under a day once the judge sees you and asks a few questions. But he has to be present and if he will not go, nothing I can do about it:(

But yes, I really need a kick in the [censored]. I have been told Plan B and I have done fully gone dark because I felt sorry for him for some unknown reason.

I can tell you this, I am not bothered by him and his relationship with gf or anything. I could care less, just pissed me off he thought he could come by SF. I have no love towards him, I do not hate him but I am glad I have started a new life and it is going well.

FWW?
no children
D-day Sept 2010
Separated Sept 2011
OW discovery Oct 2011
Divorced 2012
WW27 #2566755 11/21/11 09:42 PM
W
WW27 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Well here is the stupid and tricky thing I agreed to along time ago. I would help him get his visa to extend his stay till 2013 which is why he will not sign the papers. He thinks that if he signs the paper I will not help with the visa. However, if he does not sign it late winter, I am reporting him to immigrations...

FWW?
no children
D-day Sept 2010
Separated Sept 2011
OW discovery Oct 2011
Divorced 2012
WW27 #2566759 11/21/11 09:52 PM
M
M
Well here is the stupid and tricky thing I agreed to along time ago. I would help him get his visa to extend his stay till 2013 which is why he will not sign the papers. He thinks that if he signs the paper I will not help with the visa. However, if he does not sign it late winter, I am reporting him to immigrations...

What can't you report him to immigrations now? It seems like you have all the leverage here yet he controls you.

Exposure 101

W
WW27 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I would but he would not sign the papers ever. He has dual citizenship in canada and the us. We married in canada. So if he marries ow...he wpuld juat avoid canada
I just wamt the papers...I cannot start dating without them....I know that sounds funny from a fww.

FWW?
no children
D-day Sept 2010
Separated Sept 2011
OW discovery Oct 2011
Divorced 2012
WW27 #2566769 11/21/11 10:16 PM
M
M
But if he is deported, wouldn't you be able to get a divorce?

Exposure 101

WW27 #2566772 11/21/11 10:17 PM
M
M
Why don't you tell him he goes for the divorce or you have him deported?

Exposure 101

W
WW27 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
If he is deported, he can still re-enter as a tourist. In addition, they will not grant me the divorce without him present. And if he does not return to Canada I cannot get my divorce either.

I tried to tell him I could get him deported, unfortunately I know him well enough if I actually did get him deported then I would not get my papers and be stuck being legally married to him.

(Don't get me wrong, I used to be in love with him, I made a huge, huge, terrible mistake, but I am not going to spend the rest of my life paying for that mistake after I tried to recover the marriage and it ended like this).

FWW?
no children
D-day Sept 2010
Separated Sept 2011
OW discovery Oct 2011
Divorced 2012
WW27 #2598958 02/21/12 01:33 AM
W
WW27 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Quick update as I have not been around for a while. I am officially divorced. It took 3 minutes, no joke...and $20.

So I am divorced. My friends and I went out to celebrate weeks later. I have started dating but nothing serious as it is just for fun and to see what is out there now that I am single.

I know how to make a marriage work and would like to be married in the future but not now or anytime soon. I am working on my life and getting the career I wanted started. I am also doing a bit of traveling as well:) So life is good, just getting myself together and planning for the future:)

FWW?
no children
D-day Sept 2010
Separated Sept 2011
OW discovery Oct 2011
Divorced 2012
WW27 #2598969 02/21/12 08:20 AM
M
M
WW27, thanks for the update. I often wondered and worried about you. Divorce was the definition of success in your case. Good for you!

Exposure 101

W
W
WW27, thank you for the update. I saw your post earlier in the week and didn't get a chance to respond. I am glad you are doing well in your personal recovery, and Mel is right about success in your case. It takes two willing spouses to recover from an A...I've just taken much longer to learn that than you did. Don't be a stranger, 'kay?

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
W
WW27 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
OH wow...just wow.
Talked to a friend today, my ex is married again (did it shortly after we separated). He married the OP and she is now three months pregnant. She is younger than me and freshly graduated. What a shocker...I am glad I am not her as I believe he was cheating on her and will continue to do so if the opportunity arises.

FWW?
no children
D-day Sept 2010
Separated Sept 2011
OW discovery Oct 2011
Divorced 2012
WW27 #2617005 04/18/12 08:48 AM
M
M
I agree he is not good marriage material. Just glad you are out of that mess!

Exposure 101

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 477 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation