Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 44 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 43 44
C
OP Offline
C
HPB & HHH thank you, you are right.

big triggers today!! H sent calendar for upcoming weeks. he then notice there was an OW bday on the calendar, so he emailed as soon as he saw. i thanked him (with puke in my mouth)

so of course---- i do get upset, why shouldnt I.. this garbage has been going on for 10 months, 10, 10 10. what an idiot, you were smart enough to have a complete 2nd life be smart enough to clean up ***EDIT***. ( they were added a year ago as are reoccuring series- idiot- )

this was supposed to be taken care of.

now i have a know another name - this was one of the random makeouts that he had no names for- oops i guess he forgot this one. so of course i google her.

then 2 week later on the calendar is another OW bday.

We were and have been having a great time together and working very hard a building something new. this really put me back to not believing ANYTHING HE SAYS.

i asked him to take some time and and get a plan that will eliminate any more triggers that are in his control, and rethink everything and fill in the blanks amd anymore lies that will come back to bit me in the butt.

this a alot of stuff to deal with and i really dont know what to do.

i am at a loss.

but still reading the trees that i killed.

Last edited by Ariel; 11/30/11 04:52 PM. Reason: Do not bypass the profanity filter.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

C
OP Offline
C
still in a bad way... what am i missing here...

things were going well and then this puts me back to day 1 i feel like.

I am questioning everything. am i overreacting?

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

C
C
Originally Posted by chickadee1
still in a bad way... what am i missing here...

things were going well and then this puts me back to day 1 i feel like.

I am questioning everything. am i overreacting?

Chickadee,

When i get triggered like this it takes me a few days to work outta the funk. I think this is normal. As time goes on, we handle these triggers better (most of the time). This winter/fall has been rough on me too, so I sympathize. My personal feeling on "cleaning the mess" is that AP's talk outta their you know whats so much and are so paranoid and secretive that they are flying by the seat of their pants and when exposed go into brain-dump. Now they have to think and after so long of not using the brain it is difficult. That's just my assessment though.

I would have him go through the calendar for the next year and eliminate everything potentially there. If he hasn't already.

Hang in there, we are with you!

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
OP Offline
C
thanks cv- calendar is empty i assume, but you know what i dont care, very tired of pushing him to clean up this mess.

i really dont want to be around him at this time.

my gut has been working overtime, i just dont know what it is.

i said some very hurtful things last night and i dont care (ooh taker coming out) I was being honest in saying i dont believe him.

i am sure he is not feeling very positive right now about himself or us. and i am not making it easy.

how do i just forget when our entire M has been a sham? and every day there is always something.

i just dont get it...

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

N
N
chickadee,

Why not quit doing the calendar thing?

Surely there's another way...I use multiple layers of post-it notes taped to my computer screen to (generally and in theory) keep track of what I need to do.

Last edited by Northwood8900; 12/02/11 04:28 PM. Reason: I cannot spell today.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

L
L
i said some very hurtful things last night and i dont care (ooh taker coming out) I was being honest in saying i dont believe him.

I know how this goes. This will/does get better. It's been a couple months since I let the venom spew. Sometimes you just get so mad and hurt that it's very difficult to contain the hurtful words. I would just want him to be sure he knows how painful all this is.

how do i just forget when our entire M has been a sham? and every day there is always something.

yes, that's a tough one to swollow. I still think of it everyday. I told my FWH that I think of it many times a day and he was surprised....which made me mad becuase I think he should think of how stupid he was many times a day too!

i just dont get it...

I don't think we ever will.

I think the holidays are worse, maybe, maybe not. My DDay was a few days before Christmas, so that sucks!

Also, the last few years FWH has helped me in all the shopping, decorating ect... which is great, but it makes me think of all those years I did it all alone.... yes, it's always something...

I'll vent and hang out in the self pity pit with you for a while. sigh but we can't stay long, there is shopping to do!
hug

BS(me)
FWH
M '91
DS x 3

Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.

Col. 2:8 (NLT)
C
OP Offline
C
i dont think he will ever put a reminder on his calendar again.

the problem is the protective liar, he lied on his list and said he didnt know names, but yes he did, and birthdays ( he forgot). i have to find out then pull the crap out of him. poly didnt pick it up bc he wasnt asked for names.

little lies little lie, the big lies are out why hurt chicka with more, she would leave me.....

part of the problem with me is i dont think i want to know or can deal with anymore of the crap, but i dont know how i can move on without knowing. its a big hurdle for me.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

C
OP Offline
C
ugh the holidays... it only the 2nd.... this is a pretty big pity party i am having but thanks for poping in.

going to a session in 15min, should be a heavy duty one. great way to start the weekend.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

N
N
Good call on the session, hope it offers some suggestions.

What about a weekend getaway to, perhaps, a warmer climate?

Me (BH)
FWW

L
L
little lies little lie, the big lies are out why hurt chicka with more, she would leave me.....

part of the problem with me is i dont think i want to know or can deal with anymore of the crap, but i dont know how i can move on without knowing. its a big hurdle for me.

My FWH was a protective lair also. It took him a LONG time to figure out how damageing this is. You are not too far out from poly, and yes, I think they remember small things that they did'nt remember on the poly.

I made a list by year and month, asked all the names, locations, ect..(everything I wanted to know) went over it again when I had a question, FWH didn't like it, but it had to be done for my sanity.

The last time we talked about the A's has been....gosh, many months.

It will get better chick. This is the problem with MA's, it's not fair, it stinks and the triggers are everywhere.

Keep in mind the "new" hubby he is, and how awesome he is now. That helps me pull my head out of a tailspin when I feel it coming on.

On that note though, I do know exactly how you feel. And, there are days still that I wonder if I'm an idiot. The anger and saddness is not quite as deep as a year ago, so I chalk that up as progress.

BS(me)
FWH
M '91
DS x 3

Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.

N
N
Originally Posted by Lgtex1
I think the holidays are worse, maybe, maybe not. My DDay was a few days before Christmas, so that sucks!

It's this time of year that's been a bit off for me as well.

But it's better than last year, that's for sure. The year 2010 can certainly kiss my hind end. smile

Me (BH)
FWW

S
S
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
[quote=Lgtex1]
The year 2010 can certainly kiss my hind end. smile

Could not agree more.

Hope you can work your way out of triggerland, Chika.

Me: 47
BH: 48, previously married
Married: Nov. 27, 2004
DDay: Nov. 13, 2010
Kids: stepsons DS17 and DS13
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=35
L
L
Dee, I bet you are getting to the angry stage. It was about 7 months after D-Day for me. I had a complete blow up and told him I didnt think I could do it. I finally came out of my fog and started the "how dare you" and "why should I stay" I feel better now but still not 100% sure I can.

Just hold on, the ride is not fun and I cant promise we will end up where we want to be, but I have to at least know I tried.

I've been having some bad days but I know it is the time of year and the triggers that go along with it. I'm also having some issues with DSS16. David has told me he does not blame me but it is still not good.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
3 D-Days from 12/25/10 to 01/06/11
NC - 01/09/11
02/20/12 done beating my head on that wall.
C
OP Offline
C
thank you all!

i guess i am getting to the angry tired stage and then when stoopid things happen it just make it far worse.

yes stoopid.

the blow ups and the shut downs are not good.

oh yes the holidays are beinging to stink also.

i am totally over 2010.

but i did find this site and some very kind people!

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

L
L
Ah yes, the angry stage.

I remember about 6-7 months out it got really bad.

At one time, We were actually in Florida for one of the boys baseball tournament. I had a breakdown and wanted a divorce. My FWH talked to me, calmed me down and I got my focus back.

How quickly I forget..... There were lots of those days. It makes me realize how far we have come!

Hang in there!

BS(me)
FWH
M '91
DS x 3

L
L
At least you didnt hit him with the bat! I threw things at mine. I'm not proud of it but I was just that mad and it made me feel better.

I had a bunch of AO's at that time. I was BAD. After I would calm down I would not have blamed him for leaving for how I acted.

Last edited by LuvsDavid; 12/02/11 07:37 PM. Reason: typo

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
3 D-Days from 12/25/10 to 01/06/11
NC - 01/09/11
02/20/12 done beating my head on that wall.
C
C

the problem is the protective liar, he lied on his list and said he didnt know names, but yes he did, and birthdays ( he forgot). i have to find out then pull the crap out of him. poly didnt pick it up bc he wasnt asked for names.

I think at one point at about just a year after Dday, I was where you are. Just couldn't take it anymore. I was emotionally and mentally beat by the triggers and trickling of details. I was checked out.

What I ended up doing was making lists of things I wanted to ask. The hard questions. I let them sit for a day or two, went back and wrote follow up questions from every angle I could think of, went back a few days after that and wrote questions off of those questions...

Then I prepped myself. I emotionally detached myself in almost a clinical way so I would not lash out. I gotta say, it helped me get most of everything I needed and keep my cool. It did hurt me though. I had to make an effort to stay detached. It was the only way I could get through it to hear the answers without verbally bashing her. I took time to cool off and then shared. It ended up becoming more and more of a pattern for me until I was able to get sufficient answers to "forgotten" things.

It's just an idea...

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
H
H

The way to help an "avoid trouble" liar learn to be truthful is to focus attention on honesty and ignore everything else for a while. I encourage such people to tell the truth in return for their spouses not telling them what to do. In other words, minimize the consequences of the acts that they are afraid will get them into trouble. Instead of trying to punish your wife for going back on her promises, I would put more emphasis on safe and pleasant negotiation, where she is free to explain what she wants to do, and give you a chance to offer alternatives that are genuinely attractive to her.

What happens now is that she feels she is "made" to agree with you. You have told her that unless she does this or that, you will leave her. Even in the beginning, you explained that unless she stopped smoking, you would not even date her. She has learned to agree with anything and then do what she pleases to avoid a fight or being abandoned. But what if there were no fight? What if you wouldn't leave her? I recommend that you try to stop fighting with her, and you stop threatening to leave her. When she tells you she smokes, tell her you would appreciate it if she didn't, and offer her incentives to stop. But I wouldn't use threats.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/mb.cfm/4/29/223

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
C
OP Offline
C
another list is what i have been thinking about, but i just dont know if i can take anymore info. i tired of it and from it. i had him write out many many things.

beat up, thats what i feel.

i dont use threats or punishment when he tells me things, that wont work i know that.

H read some of my recent posts and responses and i think it was helpful. he sees me clam up and just sad it brings him down and then the silly circle begins again. reading that other BS have been in this spot doesnt make this feel like its us and we cant do it. it gives a glimmer of hope to the "new normal".

on top of all the crapola, my moms death anniversary was yesterday, had lunch with aunt (who really hasnt spoken to me since all of this stoopid stuff began- other aunt informed her there were many more A than she realized). she is very upset, sad and angry with H and thinks that i have good potential and prospects and appealing- ha, never been called appealing (but hey its her way). she doesnt think H can change- even though she loves him very much.

i have handled thing in my past that would shut a normal person down, this is alot, is it just because it dragging out over time?

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

L
L
Your first year anti-versary is still a few months away, so yes, everything you are going through is terribly, tragically normal. When I hit about six months post D-Day, I went into a deep anger. Oooh, I was so angry with my H and just hated hated him! I mean, I hated what he did, but I believed I also really hated HIM, too. There were AO's on my part, and I really didn't give a hoot if he was hurt by them for a while. There were times I wished he HAD left me for OW so he could just "leave me the he77 alone." Just all kinds of awful mish-mash going on in my usually very logical brain. sigh

Thank God the first year is finally behind me. It was really horrible even with a fully repentant husband using MB. Towards the end of the year after D-Day, I went into a tail spin wondering if I was ever going to feel like my marriage was "safe." I finally posted my question to Dr. H. in the private forum.

It really is all about the conditions. As long as the conditions of your life together make a secret second life next to impossible, your marriage will be safe. And certainly, if you and he are actively using MB, your relationship will become stronger. Creating all those new habits takes a while. He had an entrenched secret second life and it's taking a while to get out of that bad habit and build new habits that are good for both of you.

Keep looking at your H and ask,"What is he doing TODAY?" That's what I kept on my front burner all the time since asking Dr. H. There is no way we can ever go back to the days of pre-A. They are dead, but here we are with a very good opportunity to re-build a really great marriage from the ground up.

Whenever your H finds those pieces of evidence from his former life, he should tell you and fix it. It's probably going to be really hard, if not impossible, to think of it all right now. He'll likely leave something out accidentally, but eventually it will be cleaned up.

Press on, chickadee.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
Page 31 of 44 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation