Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 62 of 89 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 88 89
P
P
Originally Posted by Prisca
I was JUST ranting about this last night, as I struggled to open six candy canes with 6 pairs of little eyes waiting eagerly.

I know, right? !!!!!!!!! rant2 rant2 rant2

It takes me longer to 'open' it than it does to eat it.

Last edited by Pepperband; 12/05/11 01:12 PM.
Prisca #2571606 12/05/11 01:27 PM
H
H
Is there any hope?

The odds seem insurmountable, and the world is in ruins.

Is there any hope?

There never was much hope. Only a fool's hope.

Only a fool would do the unthinkable, and end up achieving the impossible.

So, what does that make the fool?

I would say the fool is a hero.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
know, right? !!!!!!!!!

It takes me longer to 'open' it than it does to eat it.
And then, you finally get that pesky shrinkwrap off there, and you smell the sweet mint fragrance. You are reminded of the wintry essence of fond Christmases past...your mouth waters in anticipation of that burst of mint as you taste the cane...and then, and then...it snags one of your taste buds and ruptures it.

BUZZ KILL! laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

G
G
Pesky shrinkwrap is a rant all its own... they wrap the candy-canes so friggin' tightly that you need to break out tools to get a fingernail-hold so as to peel it off...

An' how about drinking straws? Same thing! Remember how when you were a little kid, you could tear off the straw-wrapper at one end, slide the wrapper down a little bit, stick the open end of the straw in your mouth and blow the straw-wrapper at whoever was sitting across the table from you, like a little paper-dart, for good ol' juvenile fun?

But NOOOOO!... Some pencil-headed MBA had to go & figure out that if you manufacture billions of straws, you can probably save ten bucks a week on paper supplies, by making the straw-wrapper so tightly conformed to the straw that removing the wrapper is now a time consuming exercise that often results in the straw getting kinked or spitting open lengthwise.

Sorry, I just had to get that out there... been bugging me for several years... Now I can get on with enjoying the holidays...

M
M
Sorry, I just had to get that out there... been bugging me for several years... Now I can get on with enjoying the holidays...
We're here for you, GO.
rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009

P
P
Excellent rant, GO.
I know a few people I'd like to shrink wrap. TEEF

V
V
LOL...

Glove, that one bugs me as well. You have to peel it off these days. Of all the things to get bothered and ticked about these days, it seems pretty low on the priority totem pole. But when it happens, you DO remember the little child in you, and when that little simple pleasure is taken away, it REALLY aggravates you for a moment. Of course, I alway laugh at my sillyness afterwards.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

S
S
The straws up here aren't so bad yet.

I can't even seem to get the candy canes out of the boxes without breaking them. What does that say about me? On second thought, don't answer that, I don't think I want to know.

My rant for tonight, waywards who think that just ending the affair is good enough to recover their marriage. NOPE.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
K
K
I usually just looked for a "seam" in the wrapper and if that doesn't work, I break the darn thing and that usually opens it. rotflmao

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
I thought I was the only one who noticed that about straws! Also, when I was a kid, I'd poke the end on the table to pop the other end out, but at some point that became impossible because the straw would crack. Less material in them, I guess.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
C
C
Originally Posted by Scotland
My rant for tonight, waywards who think that just ending the affair is good enough to recover their marriage. NOPE.

Yeah, they aren't sorry for the adultry, they are sorry they got caught

They are angry because they have to stop the behavior, and face who they have become

I think they store candy canes that didn't sell in hot warehouses for the summer

It's a conspiracy

P
P
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
I think they store candy canes that didn't sell in hot warehouses for the summer

It's a conspiracy

skeptical

C
C
mallomars- thats a conspiracy.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

I
I
Tell you whats driving me NUTS lately. People who have been on here for months, even years in some cases, yet act like theyve never HEARD of MB.

DO SOME READING, PEOPLE - or at least get the wax out of your ears and listen.

1) Oh I cant be bothered/too afraid/busy/lazy to implement MB plans
2) MB principles dont apply to me because I'm special and smarter than all of you. What's the name of this website again?
3) Im here to blog. Occasionally I will promise action, but thats just to keep you reading so I can waste your time.
4) Tell me how I can get my spouse to do MB - but dont expect me to do the same for them, I'm perfect.
5) I am the great disappearing act. When I want to vent, you see me - when I want to go against MB principles, I will DISAPPEAR.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M
Well said, Indie! Seems like we've had a small rash of those recently. hurray

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
N
....sooooo, are y'all done talking about peppermint candy? smile

The stuff sticks in my teeth something terrible.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
N
It's sad that some folks think that their abusive situation is, in some way, normal or even remotely "ok" for them to live with. Or, that they agree that it's not ok but just cannot seem to do much about it for some reason or another?

I want to scream at them "HEY, WAKE UP! Why are you putting up with that! That crap you're living with IS NOT FREAKING NORMAL!!!"

I have a poster in mind, of course, and hope that they get a fire under their rear very soon. frown

Me (BH)
FWW

T
T
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
I have a poster in mind, of course, and hope that they get a fire under their rear very soon. frown

You mean the one whose husband has a locked closet in the house that she has no access to? And passwords on both his computer and his phone. And full control of all finances and bills... Oh, brother.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
I
I
Hm, a locked closet kind of makes me think of Bluebeard. Except that Bluebeard gave his wife the key!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

N
N
Originally Posted by TryingEverything
Originally Posted by Northwood8900

You mean the one whose husband has a locked closet in the house that she has no access to? And passwords on both his computer and his phone. And full control of all finances and bills... Oh, brother.

Actually, it was a different one but that one definitely wins as well. A buck gets you twenty that there's a keylogger on that poster's computer. I mentioned a way to check (looking for antivirus exceptions) but didn't see a reply. Oh well.

Sometimes you just don't know *what* to say but just hope for the best.

Me (BH)
FWW

Page 62 of 89 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation