Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
A
Grizzlies. Ugh. They are scary. Grizzlies need to go extinct. No use for them at all. Your dad is lucky. One shot each would probably not have stopped either of them. Two shots in one might not have stopped it. Lewis and Clark ran into a grizzly at the mouth of the Bighorn. It started chasing several of the crew and it took five hits to just slow it down. It finally drowned in the river while still swimming after their canoe.

Grizzlies are just plain mean. And to think people back east think we out here ought to live with them. Clueless. I�d pay to send all the grizzlies around here to their back yards.

The dog the cougar killed was the youngest of the three. We were hoping the coug would move on if we waited long enough. The older dogs just stood there quietly between us and the coug. But the youngest got impatient and started moving toward the coug. That�s when it shot out from under the bushes. The coug and the dog and I were in a straight line too. If the dog had not intercepted it it would have been on me next.

But know what was the scariest? All the paperwork my brother and the taxidermist had to fill out.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
H
H
Our new tent;

[Linked Image from i53.tinypic.com]

We can fit 2 queen size air beds in it, and still have room to dress and move around.

Clear Lake;

[Linked Image from i54.tinypic.com]

Aaaaaaaaand, the mountains (I was trying to get a pic of the eagle that was circling as NGB and I were sitting at the shore);

[Linked Image from i51.tinypic.com]

The falls leading into Boulder Cave (you have to do some rock crawling to get back to it);

[Linked Image from i53.tinypic.com]

Silver Falls @ Ohanapecosh (Mount Rainier);

[Linked Image from i54.tinypic.com]

We also did the old Columbia Gorge highway last year, and hiked all the falls.

Fun stuff. I do really need to explore the Gorge more...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
OP Offline
M
Great shots! Nice addition to the beautiful pics thread! I can see the eagle .. its a little tiny black dot in the top right of the pic!

M
OP Offline
M
@ aphelion, We can hunt Grizzlies in BC .. however .. they are LEH only. No open season. Not sure how grizzlies taste tho.

A
A
greasy

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
A
A

Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
I do not hunt with a dog...
Hunting with a good dog is very enjoyable. My brother's dogs are all silent trained birders. It�s a joy to watch them work. When I was in HS my cousins and I used to hunt pheasant from horseback. The dogs would work the fields and all we had to do is point and shoot. They brought them back too.

Then there is my mom�s dog. She is three-quarters Belgian Shepherd and one quarter gray wolf. Smartest dog I have ever known. And a perfect companion for her. Very protective. All she has to do is look at a stranger and they back away. Even us kids have to approach mom slowly when Liba is in the room. And she goes out and fetches the paper every morning like clockwork. Wish she would make the coffee.

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
S
S
You should come here some time and see the landscape of Britain and Ireland.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ic-beauty-Britain-youve-seen-before.html

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
H
H
Originally Posted by SugarCane

NGB and I have discussed a tour of Ireland. We found some reasonable packages, too!

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M

I would like to come see some haunted castles and maybe the Tower of London. But my husband wants to go to the Grand Canyon. crazy

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
NGB and I have discussed a tour of Ireland. We found some reasonable packages, too!
HHH, if you're coming all that way, you HAVE to see Scotland, too. It would be a crime not to.

I'll give you a pass on England if you really cannot make it, although I think England has an understated beauty that is hard to describe.

But the Scottish highlands will take you breath away. You must go there. That's an order.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I would like to come see some haunted castles and maybe the Tower of London. But my husband wants to go to the Grand Canyon. crazy
Mel, we have castles and towers scattered all over these isles like you wouldn't believe. We have 11th and 12th century ruined churches lying all over the countryside, and an abundance of stately homes from various centuries. I'm sure I can find you a few with ghosts in residence. I'll take you see to the Tower, and Hampton Court Palace, where Henry the 8th lived. We have lots of Roman relics, too. I'll wear you out showing you round!

Tell Mr Mel that he can do the Grand Canyon another time!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Mel, we have castles and towers scattered all over these isles like you wouldn't believe. We have 11th and 12th century ruined churches lying all over the countryside, and an abundance of stately homes from various centuries. I'm sure I can find you a few with ghosts in residence. I'll take you see to the Tower, and Hampton Court Palace, where Henry the 8th lived. We have lots of Roman relics, too. I'll wear you out showing you round!

Tell Mr Mel that he can do the Grand Canyon another time!

I would so love that!! Now if I can get him on board! think

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
I have some cool pictures from the summer I worked in Ireland I could post. Wait. Not many beautiful scenery pictures though. I rarely got out of Dublin. A picture of a huge floating pile of garbage on the River Liffey may not fit the intent of this thread. But, it was pretty cool.

I climbed Ben Nevis years ago. But the scenery in this video is much better than the pictures I still have:

Mel, tell your H Ireland and Scotland are very much worth seeing. He might even like the haggis. I did. Actually. Surprisingly. With single malt.

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
S
S
Haggis is delicious, and if you don't like the thought of it, the vegetarian version is delicious too.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Originally Posted by Aphelion
I have some cool pictures from the summer I worked in Ireland I could post. Wait. Not many beautiful scenery pictures though. I rarely got out of Dublin. A picture of a huge floating pile of garbage on the River Liffey may not fit the intent of this thread. But, it was pretty cool.

I climbed Ben Nevis years ago. But the scenery in this video is much better than the pictures I still have:

Mel, tell your H Ireland and Scotland are very much worth seeing. He might even like the haggis. I did. Actually. Surprisingly. With single malt.
How did you come to be working in Ireland, Aphelion? Was it during that visit that you climbed Ben Nevis? Did you visit anywhere else in Scotland? How long ago was that?

Dublin is a really desirable city, I've heard.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
A
A
I worked all over the world way back before I married. Engineering stuff. I�ve even been in the middle of the Australian desert. I�ve only been to Ireland the one summer, though I have been to Scotland (and England and Wales) several times. Last time was a conference in Edinburgh a year ago. Ben Nevis was many, many years ago. I had knees then.

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
M
M

Thanks Aphelion. I really think he would love the scenery and I so want to get him out of America at least once. Oh dear, I just looked up haggis, that looks a little scary. I don't believe we have that in south Texas... crazy

Exposure 101

A
A
But you do have in-the-ground baked whole steer heads.

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
S
S
No, of course you don't. The haggis is an animal native to the Scottish highlands

grin

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
I worked all over the world way back before I married. Engineering stuff. I�ve even been in the middle of the Australian desert. I�ve only been to Ireland the one summer, though I have been to Scotland (and England and Wales) several times. Last time was a conference in Edinburgh a year ago. Ben Nevis was many, many years ago. I had knees then.
Edinburgh is spectacular, isn't it? it's my favourite city.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation