Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
Just found it accidentally. Checkmate dot com.

Helps you find criminal records. I think it's good if you're searching for dirt on the op, or even for your ws.

Just another help.

Free way is to go to your local (or their county) court clerk's office and give the person's name, date of birth and ss number (if you have it) and pay to get the copies made.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
C
C
You can also search Dept of Corr websites, if they have ever been incarcerated. Google "mugshots" and lots of websites pop up where you can search a name and it will show all the arrest records that they have found with the corresponding mugshots. Of course, those don't mean convictions, but if someone has several mugshots with records of battery or drug possession or whatever, you can be pretty assured it wasn't an out-of-character mistake. smile

Another thing you can do is just plug in "name" + "arrest" into google, and you might come up with some police blotter information.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
C
C
Is there an "instant" in front of that website name?

I just searched for someone I KNOW has an extensive criminal record, and it did not find him.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
P
P
Depending on the county, you can go online to the District Clerk's website (or county clerk, whoever handles that jurisdiction) and search for records. A lot of jurisdictions are going digital, even with past records. Where I live criminal records are "open records" unless the case is active. You can search the records online and then go to the courthouse and request the file. You don't even have to give your name.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
L
L
There is a site PublicData.com. You have to subscribe, but you can check all kinds of things, including criminal records in some states. I have used it alot for getting drivers license # for filing on hot checks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 464 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation