Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 64 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 63 64
N
N
OK CP--- Fess up!

What's the secret? dontknow

Mine NEVER tastes like I think it should! crybaby

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
PERHAPS even SQUIRREL if you have written permission from Fuzzy. But that's it, people!! grumble

You forgot cougar. We visited a friend today who had shotguns at every door of his home. I asked him if they had a lot of crime. He lives out in the boonies in this awesome house. He replied, "Nope. Cougars." Then he showed us a video on his phone from a couple of night ago where a cougar was going from window to doors trying to get in and get his house cat. The house cat was hilarious mewling and hissing and trying to "attack" the cougar. This guy is the same guy who had a men's group at his house where they slaughter 17 piglets for the feast. I have no doubt he wouldn't hesitate to add cougar to his chile.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 12/24/11 05:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
I keep shotguns by my doors for cougars, too.

I have a very handsome guitar-playing teenage son!

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
M
M
Originally Posted by Nerlycrzy
THAT'S IT PEOPLE!! And no, you don't put BEANS in it, either!!

And I was gonna remind you---- you forgot the beans!! frown

Guess not,,huh??? grin

NO BEANS, NO CORN!! sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Adding cougar to the list since PrincessMeggy is a bona fide TEXAN and therefore, AUTHORITY on chili!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by CWMI

And CWMI can be an honorary Texas since she has a shotgun at the back door! laugh

Exposure 101

K
K
NO BEANS, NO CORN!! sigh

Oh Good Lawd! Who puts beans and corn in their chili?!

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

C
C
OK CP--- Fess up!

What's the secret? dontknow

Mine NEVER tastes like I think it should! crybaby

Will share the recipe post my DD did on Facebook for a friend who loved it

K
K
Sorry to hear about your wife. I sure hope she can resolve it. frown From my perspective, it is a quality of life issue. A stressful job affects all other areas of one's life. My DH and I had this very discussion yesterday. He is expecting a job offer next month and the top issue was "can I be happy in this position or not?" The job is in Oklahoma, btw!

We've had to lawyer up because her job thinks they can just fire people for having disabilities or because a staff member might have a difference of opinion from the new middle management woman. And my wife has been there 10 years. They just fired this other nurse that had been there 16 because shje wouldn't kiss the shift managers [censored]. It's a huge mess that now the CEO of the hospital is trying to spin things so the hospital won't be sued because upper management is not paying attention to what middle and lower management is doing. For example, the CEO is now urging my wife to reapply there ASAP as she is "very rehireable".

In the end, we've been advised by our lawyer (whom the hospital and board of nursing is scared of apparently) that in the end we shoudl go for the jugular in financial damages. Shoot me an email if you want more details. I don't mind sharing with you...just don't want to go airing that dirty laundry on a public forum.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

S
S
Mel, you are too funny!

KT, that sounds stressful, hope it works out...and I will have to check out your dressing recipes. I started making my own this past year and can't eat the store bought stuff anymore.

We are breaking from tradition for our Christmas dinner (ham, potatoes etc) and having a lasagna dinner. It's a pretty easy and delish recipe to make with kids (it has very good instructions with pictures and everything) if anyone ever wants to try ~ google The Pioneer Woman's Best Lasagna Ever.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
N
N
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
NO BEANS, NO CORN!! sigh

No Beans?? IN CHILI????

You all are making Roadkill Stew!! grin

Not Chili!!

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
M
M
[

In the end, we've been advised by our lawyer (whom the hospital and board of nursing is scared of apparently) that in the end we shoudl go for the jugular in financial damages. Shoot me an email if you want more details. I don't mind sharing with you...just don't want to go airing that dirty laundry on a public forum.

ugh... I hope you can get it worked out soon. Bad managers are about as bad as workplace cheaters, they are both loose cannons. I feel badly for your wife.

And GUESS WHO puts corn and beans in their "chili??" TEEF

Exposure 101

M
M
NO BEANS, NO CORN!! sigh

No Beans?? IN CHILI????

You all are making Roadkill Stew!! grin

Not Chili!!

You silly leftcoasters need to stick to your TOFU and let us handle the REAL FOOD! Good grief... sigh

Exposure 101

P
P
Originally Posted by CWMI

I have a very handsome guitar-playing teenage son!

rotflmao rotflmao

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
It's use turned midnight, and everyone has gone to bed except me. I have my hands in the innards of a turkey, just about to make a stock from the giblets, for the gravy later. After that I'll stuff the bird with a chestnut and fruit mix and have it ready for the oven. I've also made a Christmas pudding, mince pies and a tarte tatin. Over the various days we will be having a steamed steak pudding, lamb and seafood dishes - and no doubt turkey leftovers. The diet starts in the new year.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Merry Christmas, Sugarcane!

Exposure 101

S
S
And to you in five - or is it six - hours' time! I hope to be asleep by then!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Let's see what the menu will be like a the parent's house this year.

TURKEY(I can NEVER get enough)
Stuffing(stove top, sorry but we LOVE it, there should be about 5 boxes in the 20lb AMERICAN bird)
Homemade cranberry sauce(which I put on EVERYTHING)
Mashed potatoes
Corn(I make a nest in my taters too)
Pea salad
Carrots
green beans
Salad(cheese, romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, croutons)
Cheese tray
Asparagus
Rutabaga
Brussel sprouts(my mom is a vegetarian so there are TONNES of veggies)
and for desert, lemon meringue pie, apple strudel and fruit cake

and then on Boxing Day(Dec 26th for all YOU foreigners) it will be Christmas Part Deux at my MIL's house since WH is working and the kiddos see MIL once or twice a year now. We will have lasagna, shepherd's pie, meatballs, venison stew, mashed potatoes, corn, and egg nog.

ETA, can't believe I forgot toe Pecan pie for Boxing Day. It's in my fridge right now just calling me.

Last edited by Scotland; 12/24/11 08:22 PM. Reason: ETA

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Listen here, you yankees and foreigners! You do not have permission to do any yankee foolishness to Fuzzy Goodhue's Texas chili! If you are going to make it then stick to PROPER chili meat. I guess we have to spell this out for you silly people.

[Linked Image from pic4ever.com]
Um, then I guess I probably shouldn't substitute tofu and whey curds, either?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
I'll say one thing for you northerners: that was a slick move, slapping two major 'food' holidays back-to-back! Yum - a foodie's paradise! But OH, the calories! laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 14 of 64 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation