Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
B
After reading this thread..........WOW! faint

It's very obvious that there are some members of this board who are DEEPLY in touch with their emotions!

And comparing that to the actions of the Waywards that I hear about here.......it's about selfishness on the part of the Waywards that makes any infidelity so difficult.

Thank You all who posted on this thread!

I'm in Plan A today......but each day as I ponder if I'm better off in Plan B.......I read just 1 more post.....that gets me through just 1 more day in Plan A.
Day by Day........

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
DD=24 (My step-daughter, been raising her since the age of 8, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!)
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
WW moved out of the home = May 1,2011
D-Day=July 4, 2011
Dear Wife: I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you!.....as of Aug-2012 forget that last part....Good Luck to you and GOODBYE!!
"Mourn the woman she was. Know the woman she is."
S
S
Here is a link to a radio clip where DrH addresses this very subject. LINK

Very interesting. I would seem by DrH's assessment that the darker you are in Plan B, the more likely that your LB balance will remain the same for your WS and you will actually continue to love them. It is very helpful to realize that this is quite normal, and doesn't mean that I am doing anything wrong, in fact, it would seem I am doing things correctly. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
This thread was much needed for me to figure out that what is going on for me is normal for Plan B... or as normal as I am going to get at this stage crazy

This is definitely a must read for all Plan B'ers.

Any chance it can get put into notable posts?

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
P
OP Offline
P
BUMP

P
OP Offline
P
Interesting .....

Originally Posted by Scotty
I remember the summer of 2008, I was watching Oprah, and she had Will Smith and Jayda Pinkett Smith on. They said that they worked on their marriage because Divorce wasn;t in their vocabulary.

Noteworthy? Maybe.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Scotland
Since it is still a possibility, albeit remote, I don't want to lock that door to tightly.

Wow.
So interesting Scotty!
kiss

L
L
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Awesome observation on multiple fronts.

3) Posters come here hurt, betrayed, and vulnerable - looking for a sympathetic ear and an experienced voice. A poster who develops respect and rapport with a BS, and then proceeds to trash their WS is aiding and abetting the destruction of the marriage; the decision is that of the BS to make about their spouse. Assumptions made through advice or opinions which are contrary to the goals of the BS are destructive, not constructive. Weighing "experience, expertise, or opinion" to sway a BS from their goal is, for lack of any better description, disgusting.

Thats funny coming from you as you were the worst offender in my thread about trashing my WW.

Me = BH
DDay Dec. 2010
D filed Oct 2011 (by me)
D final 3/16/12
N
N
you were the worst offender in my thread about trashing my WW

I thought I took that honor, LnT!

And even though Trip can defend himself, let me make the following point: Very often the BS (and I'll even specify BH) comes here in such shock ("That can't be my wife's actions,...It must be a mistake,...She must have meant/done/ implied/said something else!") that their internalization of what is actually being done to them by the skank-ho is painfully, obviously flawed. Using language such as I just did tends to strip away the rose-coloured specs and reveal that a WW is what her actions define her to be, not what the BH chooses to remember her as having been.

Calling a skank a skank will have no effect if she's not.

P
OP Offline
P
An adulterous woman is not always a "skank". Often she is a WW. Not anything worse.

I think we all (including myself) ought to be aware and remind ourselves that we want these marriages (most of them) to survive and thrive after adultery.

When are we counter productive to that goal? We need to each evaluate our own actions and assess if we are venting because we have not healed our own selves, or we are being useful to the goal of marriage building.

I know for a fact I have attacked many a beloved wayward spouse.
Usually when I am so angry and frustrated with that wayward's treatment of a poster I have come to care about.

Case in point.
HerPapaBear.
I thought he was a hopeless piece of crap.
I cared so much for his wife, MamaBear, that I could not see past my own resentment of him.

I can think of other marriages where I was so P-O'd at the wayward I could not think of any way in hell the marriage was salvageable.
I hated their wayward guts.
Yet, the marriage turned around.
I regret things I have written that was/could have been an impediment to a successful recovery.

I know I am not innocent.
I know I am vulnerable to name calling.
It's a struggle I have yet to win.
But, a struggle I am at least aware I need to make.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Calling a skank a skank will have no effect if she's not.

I think you ought to ask the betrayed spouse if there is an effect.
You cannot be the arbiter of the effect your words have on the BS.

N
N
An adulterous woman is not always a "skank". Often she is a WW. Not anything worse.

Is my reputation so far gone that you would decline to recognize that I might apply discretion to my use of pejoratives?

But additionally, Pep, with the notable exception of HPB, OUR condemnation of WSs, especially the ones who attained "skankhood" never comes to their attention. The (hopefully salutary) effect is limited to the BSs.

I have remarked that RAGE has come to be, unfairly, treated as anathema in the modern, oh-so-genteel, society. Rage, kept within controls, is a powerful tool and motivator. I foopin' guarantee, that if RAGE was more generally accepted, the incidence of the weak-livered, tremulous BH, teetering at, and dithering about, the performance, even after understanding the necessity, of a correct exposure would just about disappear. (I do recall, during one of our first counselling sessions, my bride foggily saying that she thought that if I discovered, and objected(!), to her actions, I would approach her with my concerns quietly, and discuss them. At which point I asked her specifically WHEN in my life I had ever behaved � la David Niven or Noel Coward! The fog lifted VERY fast!)

In summary, then, I'd opine that your concern about "things I have written that was/could have been an impediment to a successful recovery" is most likely groundless. On the contrary, those moments of honesty more likely had beneficial effects on balance.

C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband

I think we all (including myself) ought to be aware and remind ourselves that we want these marriages (most of them) to survive and thrive after adultery.

When are we counter productive to that goal? We need to each evaluate our own actions and assess if we are venting because we have not healed our own selves, or we are being useful to the goal of marriage building.

I know for a fact I have attacked many a beloved wayward spouse.
Usually when I am so angry and frustrated with that wayward's treatment of a poster I have come to care about.

Case in point.
HerPapaBear.
I thought he was a hopeless piece of crap.
I cared so much for his wife, MamaBear, that I could not see past my own resentment of him.

I can think of other marriages where I was so P-O'd at the wayward I could not think of any way in hell the marriage was salvageable.
I hated their wayward guts.
Yet, the marriage turned around.
I regret things I have written that was/could have been an impediment to a successful recovery.

I know I am not innocent.
I know I am vulnerable to name calling.
It's a struggle I have yet to win.
But, a struggle I am at least aware I need to make.

Pep...

Thank you so much for this post. It is a good reminder to all of us. You humility and grace is shining.

I also want to add that when we came here 9 months ago, we were well along in recovery and **I** was the one who was in need of the most help, not my FWW. She was terrified to post seeing how some folks were treated, and still is to a degree (and that does not discount the awesome advice and direction we have received from everyone here on many things).

Anyway, thanks for this is all I wanted to say...

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
H
H
Originally Posted by LostNtime
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Awesome observation on multiple fronts.

3) Posters come here hurt, betrayed, and vulnerable - looking for a sympathetic ear and an experienced voice. A poster who develops respect and rapport with a BS, and then proceeds to trash their WS is aiding and abetting the destruction of the marriage; the decision is that of the BS to make about their spouse. Assumptions made through advice or opinions which are contrary to the goals of the BS are destructive, not constructive. Weighing "experience, expertise, or opinion" to sway a BS from their goal is, for lack of any better description, disgusting.

Thats funny coming from you as you were the worst offender in my thread about trashing my WW.

And I was wrong in doing so, was I not?

Sir, I am merely a mortal and perpetual student.

When I worked in the grocery store, I used to bristle at people that would come in and buy a ton of groceries on food stamps and then go get into a luxury SUV and drive away. Until, that is, I was deep into schooling and that person was ME.

Arrogant I may be, but beyond reproach I am not.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
P
OP Offline
P
OUR condemnation of WSs, especially the ones who attained "skankhood" never comes to their attention. The (hopefully salutary) effect is limited to the BSs.

NG

It is the BS's ears that are the most tender.
It is toward the BS with tender ears and a broken heart I am expressing my concern.

I am certain I have been not always been as helpful as I possibly could have been. I am not above reproach.

P
OP Offline
P

Is my reputation so far gone that you would decline to recognize that I might apply discretion to my use of pejoratives?

But additionally, Pep, with the notable exception of HPB, OUR condemnation of WSs, especially the ones who attained "skankhood" never comes to their attention. The (hopefully salutary) effect is limited to the BSs.

I have remarked that RAGE has come to be, unfairly, treated as anathema in the modern, oh-so-genteel, society. Rage, kept within controls, is a powerful tool and motivator. I foopin' guarantee, that if RAGE was more generally accepted, the incidence of the weak-livered, tremulous BH, teetering at, and dithering about, the performance, even after understanding the necessity, of a correct exposure would just about disappear. (I do recall, during one of our first counselling sessions, my bride foggily saying that she thought that if I discovered, and objected(!), to her actions, I would approach her with my concerns quietly, and discuss them. At which point I asked her specifically WHEN in my life I had ever behaved � la David Niven or Noel Coward! The fog lifted VERY fast!)

In summary, then, I'd opine that your concern about "things I have written that was/could have been an impediment to a successful recovery" is most likely groundless. On the contrary, those moments of honesty more likely had beneficial effects on balance.

NG I'm going to invite you over to the Other Topics forum because I have a few questions. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks.

S
S
Pep, this came at a time more important than you could possibly imagine. So interesting that this would be brought up to me today, when I need it MOST.

Also, Pep, there is something that I want to remind you of. I wish I could look it up on my thread better than I have time for now, but I remember when I first came here, you expressed that you and the posters on MB held no contempt for my WH. That you fought ADULTERY, and that if he were to come here, you would help him. That made me see even more that MB was the right place for me. See, I myself don't hold ill-will towards him, and I didn't need to have others bad-mouthing him. Did I vent? Of course, but it would be very hurtful for me to have others bash him. Funny, eh?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
H
OUR condemnation of WSs, especially the ones who attained "skankhood" never comes to their attention. The (hopefully salutary) effect is limited to the BSs.

NG

It is the BS's ears that are the most tender.
It is toward the BS with tender ears and a broken heart I am expressing my concern.

I am certain I have been not always been as helpful as I possibly could have been. I am not above reproach.

I seriously think it would have been an amazing opportunity to work under, and learn from, you in a professional setting.

smile

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
P
OP Offline
P
Awwwwwww. Thanks HHH.

P
OP Offline
P
Pep, this came at a time more important than you could possibly imagine. So interesting that this would be brought up to me today, when I need it MOST.

That's so interesting, Muppet.

S
S

That's so interesting, Muppet.

You don't know how right you are. smile MANY MANY THANKS. I will take my door, and avoid the wall.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 485 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation