Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Ears, I will take a read when my husband wants some of his me time, I am going to have a good day today ( I will chose not to be tired and Angry today ) Its so nice to get the weight of others off my shoulders. Take Care Ears.

Last edited by tiredandangry; 10/10/08 10:44 AM. Reason: typo
P
P
I know that this post was submitted several years ago, but it has been very helpful because I had just gotten done writing my letter of complaints for my husband. Thank goodness I read this or I wouldve given it to him last night! Mind you I'm experiencing the extact same thing that 'tiredandangry' was/is going through.

Well I took the advice 'Soolee' gave and printed the EN questionaire for my husband to fill out. When he got back from a basketball game at 730pm I handed it to him and said, "fill this out for me,it's a workshop that were going to start doing." He laughed at my straight face and said, "ok I'll do it later. The next 10 min I remind him to do it and he says ok I'm going to do it,hold on. Then after 30 minutes he goes to play basketball with his friends,without even starting the questionaire. At 8:30pm I was sleep.
That morning we went to church, me pissed that he hadn't done the questionaire so we couldve talked last night. Before we even got in the car he says, "I'm tired of always having to drive, you drive." This pisses me off because of the tone he said it in. I attempt to have coversation with him about a friend,he hardly listens to me, and asks me to repeat an entire story. His excuse I was talking too low. I say nevermind the story. He complains of my driving the whole way. "Slow down,speed up,can't you see that sign." ugh. After church we get lunch with our annoying 2yr olds so we can't carry on conversation for having to scold them. After attemping to talk to him again he says I'm whispering and to repeat myself. Conversation is useless with him. I'm not having fun,I'm just eating.

We get home and I ask him to fill out the EN questionaire form now before I print him out some divorce forms in a joking way;) He laughs. 15 minutes later he's on the computer on espn. I remind him again and in the next 10 minutes he's asleep on the couch.

Why is this a joke to him and why does he feel like he has all day? We have children, unless they're sleep we have no time to seriously talk so why does he act like this is unimportant. What are my next steps?

#Runaway Wife
P
P
P Diva

Go to Newsletters forum <~~~ LINK

And scroll down to find "When to call it quits" Part 1.
There are three parts. All can be found on the newsletters forum.

I hope this helps.

S
S
Originally Posted by pink_diva
I know that this post was submitted several years ago, but it has been very helpful because I had just gotten done writing my letter of complaints for my husband. Thank goodness I read this or I wouldve given it to him last night! Mind you I'm experiencing the extact same thing that 'tiredandangry' was/is going through.

Well I took the advice 'Soolee' gave and printed the EN questionaire for my husband to fill out. When he got back from a basketball game at 730pm I handed it to him and said, "fill this out for me,it's a workshop that were going to start doing." He laughed at my straight face and said, "ok I'll do it later. The next 10 min I remind him to do it and he says ok I'm going to do it,hold on. Then after 30 minutes he goes to play basketball with his friends,without even starting the questionaire. At 8:30pm I was sleep.
That morning we went to church, me pissed that he hadn't done the questionaire so we couldve talked last night. Before we even got in the car he says, "I'm tired of always having to drive, you drive." This pisses me off because of the tone he said it in. I attempt to have coversation with him about a friend,he hardly listens to me, and asks me to repeat an entire story. His excuse I was talking too low. I say nevermind the story. He complains of my driving the whole way. "Slow down,speed up,can't you see that sign." ugh. After church we get lunch with our annoying 2yr olds so we can't carry on conversation for having to scold them. After attemping to talk to him again he says I'm whispering and to repeat myself. Conversation is useless with him. I'm not having fun,I'm just eating.

We get home and I ask him to fill out the EN questionaire form now before I print him out some divorce forms in a joking way;) He laughs. 15 minutes later he's on the computer on espn. I remind him again and in the next 10 minutes he's asleep on the couch.

Why is this a joke to him and why does he feel like he has all day? We have children, unless they're sleep we have no time to seriously talk so why does he act like this is unimportant. What are my next steps?
Welcome to MB, p_d.

My advices for now is for you to start your own thread. Piggybacking on someone else's thread, especially when it has been dead for three years, is not the best introduction to your situation.

In this forum, click "new topic" and give your thread a title. Then tell us what problems you have been having in your marriage, and how you tried to resolve them before you read about the EN questionnaire.

Was your marriage ever happy? Did the arrival of the children change that? Do you have twins? I think you are very lucky if so, but having just one child at a time put a strain on my marriage, so I dread to think what twins would have done to it.

Tell us more.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
P
Why is this a joke to him and why does he feel like he has all day? We have children, unless they're sleep we have no time to seriously talk so why does he act like this is unimportant.
Maybe because you're using demands and disrespectful judgments (DJ) to force it on him.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
Maybe because you're using demands and disrespectful judgments (DJ) to force it on him.

I'm glad you posted this, Prisca, because I was thinking the same thing. P_D, maybe it's the way you've written your initial post. I'm looking forward to reading your thread when you get it started.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

P
P
Thanks for such a quick response! I am about to start a new thread now. The title will be "1st attempt at repairing marriage: EN questionaire."

#Runaway Wife
P
P

#Runaway Wife
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 481 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation