Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
S
OP Offline
S
Everyone talks about a job change. So here are the details. I work 10p -6a. There are five guys on my shift one being my boss who is recently M and is Wesleyan. I am the second oldest person on my shift. The guys are like 4yrs older than my son so that is just creepy to think anything of the sort!
There are two women I work with also. One works part time and I am usually joined at her hip, the other is a year younger.We talk but we haven't clicked.
Everybody but my shift knows my H and we both agree that I honestly don't think that they would cross that line. My work place is a gossip haven and nothing gets by, so that a mighty deterrence.
Finding a decent paying job in our area is beyond difficult. You have to have the right connections and know the right people other wise work is always available at fast food or telemarketing!
IMO this seems to be a non attractive environment to chase men.

I am the WS
BH, love him dearly

~It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

~When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
M
M
You and I both know that a) you are not going to be honest about chasing men at work if the spirit moves you and b) if you do chase men at work, the coworkers will do everything to make sure your husband doesn't find out. So don't try and sell me that crap. I work at a plant and I KNOW OF situtions where a man's wife was sleeping around at work. TO THIS DAY HE DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT IT.

Working with men like you do is a risky environment that ignores the dangers.

The fact that you don't understand this is high risk keeps your marriage at risk. You STILL do not understand the risks and have not made one single move to remove the biggest risk.

The second biggest problem is that you work opposite shifts so you can't sleep together at night and have the spend your off time together. This is the kind of independent lifestyle that leads to affairs. But you already know that...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Second paragraph looks alot like blame shifting to me. Im sure it does to senninpa also
Originally Posted by senninpaswife
ok I'm off the pity pot_

I am thinking that my lack of boundaries comes from the Attention I get from men and beings I'm a people pleaser I couldn't bring myself to say "NO" when it went to far.
SO the best way to stop from getting to put up boundaries. Physical boundaries are easy. I have a bubble it no one is allowed near my bubble! But I love to smile. I smile at everyone and everything. Does this action start a ball to roll?

I can say that when I cheated, H was very busy working and I believe I wanted attention but went looking it for it in the wrong direction. So what kind of person needs constant attention? Cause I must thrive on it. Is it possible that I when I seek my H's attention and I feel like I am not getting it that I would go find it w/another man???? God I hope not. this is sick!

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
3 D-Days from 12/25/10 to 01/06/11
NC - 01/09/11
02/20/12 done beating my head on that wall.
M
M
I am thinking that my lack of boundaries comes from the Attention I get from men and beings I'm a people pleaser I couldn't bring myself to say "NO" when it went to far.

Your lack of boundaries comes from being AROUND MEN. You know under what conditions you are tempted and you haven't changed them. I just don't know how many more ways to say this. You could have an affair with any one of the men you work with. None of the reasons you gave will stop you.

If you want to establish boudaries, you will change your life so you are not around men.. Period.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
I moved this to your thread, it's easier to respond here than on mortarmans thread.

Originally Posted by HerPapaBear
I believe she is just like SusieQ's STBXH.... She's an admiration junkie!

What is an admiration junkie? Is it the same as wanting and liking attention?

Until she lists out her EP's, just as I've described on the EP thread and actually puts her defensiveness away, she's going to be seen for what she is delivering..... Half measures!

I have listed EP. Are they not there or do you not like what you see? I have changed my cell #. I don't use FB and we took it off the computer altogether. I call H as soon as I get off from work and as soon as I wake in the after noon, or where ever I go. He has access to my email my phone my vehicle. I have done a poly. I don't hang out with any friends., too busy driving kids around, make dinner,then off to work. I have no time for an A nor do I want to.

As Mortarman described, BOUNDARIES - IN STONE!

I find it bothersome that some don't think I am trying. I may not post them here but IMO I have taken measures and I must do more! Tell me what I am doing wrong? Cause I am bashing my head trying and making serious changes!

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
H
H
I believe she is just like SusieQ's STBXH.... She's an admiration junkie!

What is an admiration junkie? Is it the same as wanting and liking attention?

Yes, it's the same thing.

Read this ---> Dr. Harley on Admiration

Most waywards have this ranked as their number one or number two most important need.

The issue with most waywards, they allow others to meet this need on a regular basis.

You have seen this in your own life as well.

Your EP's/boundaries are what you put in place to prevent anyone else from meeting this need.

One obvious issue that we see is, you've allowed other men, including the ones you work with, to be in the habit of meeting this need for you and you've come to rely upon your need being met this way. Regrefully this is common for most waywards, but even more of an issue for multiple offending waywards. This is why some posters are pushing you so hard to change jobs, they know from your record that staying in this atmosphere is going to be equivalent to an alcoholic trying to stay sober while working as a bartender.

Does this make sense to you??

Last edited by HerPapaBear; 01/21/12 10:58 AM. Reason: Trying to fix link

Recovery began 10/07;

H
H

I find it bothersome that some don't think I am trying. I may not post them here but IMO I have taken measures and I must do more! Tell me what I am doing wrong? Cause I am bashing my head trying and making serious changes!

Your husband asked me the question about what you needed to do.

I answered him very clearly.

Please read my thread on EP's again.
You're missing some important parts of the equation.

What are you missing??

You still don't see that listing out ALL your EP's is a gift to your husband.... It's part of your "Just Compensation" to him....

Why do I say you are defensive??

Because you still want to argue, instead of thinking about what we ask and just answering the questions in a sincere manner.

Recovery began 10/07;

H
H
I can say that when I cheated, H was very busy working and I believe I wanted attention but went looking it for it in the wrong direction.

That's accurate, and obvious, and why you must incorporate EP's

So what kind of person needs constant attention?

I hope it's obvious that you are describing yourself.

You have a high need for admiration.

Is it possible that I when I seek my H's attention and I feel like I am not getting it that I would go find it w/another man???? God I hope not. this is sick!

What's sick?

What's sick is allowing men, other than your husband, to meet this need!

Yes, it's emotional adultery every time you let this happen.

Yes, people pleasing & flirting get's your need for admiration met. And Yes, it's also emotional adultery.

Is this making any sense?
Is this clear to you or are you still confused about this in some way?

Please know, I'm not asking these questions in a confrontational manner, they are sincere questions being asked in a calm manner.

Last edited by HerPapaBear; 01/21/12 03:02 PM. Reason: added last line

Recovery began 10/07;

H
H
I really want to know....

Did you recently read the book, Surviving An Affair?

When was the last time you read the book, HNHN & LB'ers?

Recovery began 10/07;

M
M
There are five guys on my shift one being my boss who is recently M and is Wesleyan.

It is disturbing that you don't understand that being recently married and being Wesleyan having nothing to do with preventing an affair.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by markos
There are five guys on my shift one being my boss who is recently M and is Wesleyan.

It is disturbing that you don't understand that being recently married and being Wesleyan having nothing to do with preventing an affair.

No one said it was a prevention just simply a description.

I am the WS
BH, love him dearly

~It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

~When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
F
F
I have a lot to say but it is too much to try and type on my phone right now. I'm asking you to please do two things. Read my forum "What to do next" and think about how you ripped your husbands soul out more than one time.

I am also a WS. Until you stop making excuses and start making changes, you will never learn. Your husband will only be able to take so much before you break him mentally and emotionally. Or in my case, turns to someone else to deal with the pain.

I was you a month ago, in major denial. I felt horrible for what I had done but did not know how to make the changes with in myself and my marriage. I wanted to blame someone other than myself. You have been given the gift of knowledge, skills, honesty, and perspective from people who have "been there, done that" yet you refuse to listen.

Has anyone close to you ever died? Do you remember how empty you felt inside? How you were not sure if life could go on without them? Everytime you cheated on your husband a part of him died but so did a part of you, the woman he loved and trusted.

Please think about what I am saying. I am not judging you, I was you!

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
I don't want to just survive my affair, I want to recover from it!
W
W
15Y is dead-on:

Originally Posted by fifteenyears
Until you stop making excuses and start making changes, you will never learn. Your husband will only be able to take so much before you break him mentally and emotionally. Or in my case, turns to someone else to deal with the pain.

In my case, it wasn't just my infidelity that broke my H. It was trickle-truth. I fear in yours, it is going to be this continued vagueness to your EPs and excuse-making.

You work with men, and you also say that you "need constant attention." Do you understand why posters here cannot then let your work environment drop?

It doesn't matter who the men are, or how long you have worked with them. Until you make fundamental changes in yourself and how you interact with men, you are not safe for senn.

I have pretty much always worked in male-dominated environments. I always believed I had strong boundaries. My A was not with someone I worked with, but the aftermath has made me hyper-aware of the interactions I have with the opposite sex (as well as made me a pretty good observer of other peoples' interactions). A lot of what you may think is "harmless" is extremely inappropriate and dangerous behavior.

I was absolutely horrible at recovery until I found MB, and even then I had my stumbles. My M has not recovered and likely won't, and I wonder sometimes if my H could have recovered had things happened differently - if he'd found MB and exposed my A in the beginning, if we'd started recovery without my lying to him for months, etc. I'll never know. Obviously, the safest bet would be for me to have never played the wh*re for a man not my husband, but I can go back and change nothing.

You have to get serious about recovery and YOU are going to have to do a lot of heavy lifting. If senn decides you are safe and wants to recover your M, then you won't have to do that heavy lifting forever.

You committed adultery, and you have to bear the consequences of your actions. For you, that may mean finding a new job. Put yourself in my shoes for a sec. If my H came to me today, and told me that he would fully recommit to the M, that he would meet my ENs, that he would look me in the eyes when we made love and kiss me goodbye in the mornings, that he would hold my hand when we say the blessing before meals, on the condition that I quit my job: I would give my two weeks' notice today. Get it?

What is your priority?

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
N
N
If my H came to me today, and told me that he would fully recommit to the M, that he would meet my ENs, that he would look me in the eyes when we made love and kiss me goodbye in the mornings, that he would hold my hand when we say the blessing before meals, on the condition that I quit my job: I would give my two weeks' notice today. Get it?

The issue here is that SPW believes (through bluff, or tears, or from historical experience - after all, this is NOT her first rodeo) that she can extract those conditions from BH without making the concessions. Sadly, SPW is fully inculcated with the "It won't happen to me; I'm special" philosophy in which the full burden of punishment to her has been avoided for years.

So, here's another Good/Bad/Ugly scenario to be resolved:

Good - SPW steps up to her responsibility and leaves her male-infected job.

Bad - SPW does not do what must be done and BH gets disgusted and bails.

Ugly - SPW does not do what must be done and BH hasn't the fortitude to follow through. (This is SPW's hope.)

So, all we can do is advise, watch and record the results.

H
H
Folks,

although changing jobs is something we se as a necessity, her BS has said that he will not accept her leaving her job unless she has another job lined up first.

Recovery began 10/07;

I
I
SPW is it IMPOSSIBLE to make the same kind of money you do any where else? Have you and your H brainstormed ALL the alternatives?

I thought I saw on your Hs a thread an idea that he should work with you - what happened to that idea?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M
Folks,

although changing jobs is something we se as a necessity, her BS has said that he will not accept her leaving her job unless she has another job lined up first.

Just wanted to note that she has not made any effort whatsoever to change jobs. Or anything else as far as I can see. She doesn't even understand or accept the necessity.

Exposure 101

H
H
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Folks,

Just wanted to note that she has not made any effort whatsoever to change jobs. Or anything else as far as I can see. She doesn't even understand or accept the necessity.

I know Mel, but until her BS asks for this, all we are doing is beating a dead horse....

Recovery began 10/07;

N
N
Good - SPW steps up to her responsibility and leaves her male-infected job.

Bad - SPW does not do what must be done and BH gets disgusted and bails.

Ugly - SPW does not do what must be done and BH hasn't the fortitude to follow through. (This is SPW's hope.)

...BS has said that he will not accept her leaving her job unless she has another job lined up...

UGLY wins yet again! There's a spitload of that going around recently!

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Folks,

I know Mel, but until her BS asks for this, all we are doing is beating a dead horse....

But it is not a dead horse. It is an impediment to their recovery. There is no point in discussing anything else if they don't even understand the importance of changing the environment. I don't know what else we would talk about to them if they haven't lifted a finger to take step one. Thats like telling an alcoholic to study the 12 steps while he sits in the bar every day.

They don't GET IT. They still do not comprehend the necessity of changing the environment that led to the affair. I don't see how we can move forward until they GET IT. They don't GET IT.

Exposure 101

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 494 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation