Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
Originally Posted by Biker
A lot of valid points. You are right, a lot of things have been withheld because I don't know how to keep it anonymous. I won't go on some radio broadcast - and I'm not really looking for anyone to pat me on the back or anything.
I realize I haven't put my best effort into things - and that is my fault, no one elses. I have to take responsibility for the times that I got angry and did not do things that would harbor good feelings or attitudes to help my cause.

Biker,

I suspect what you really want is someone to convince you of something. I suspect that it is that you should stay and work on your marriage. I'll tell you why I think this (and the idea is really my W, with my own thoughts furthering it).

Not sure what type of man you are, but I suspect you consider yourself fiercely loyal. To a fault. I suspect you fit into that category. Problem is (and this is more related to human nature than anything) is that there seems to be a lot of pride tied to all this. Am I right?

You want a good marriage, but are too proud to call the radio show. You want help, but won't come out and ask for it, want encouragement, but not a pat on the back.

Recovery... real recovery... Takes swallowing our pride, whether we are the BS or WS. Not that good pride, but the bad pride that refuses to change or ask for help. The one that keeps us from moving forward and receiving encouragement when we need it.

And here's another thing... We WANT to help. But we can't do it unless you are willing to let us help you.

I think you can recover, do you? Do you want to?

Give MB a real shot. Not a half-a-ed one. Whadda you say?

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
H
H
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
biker, let us know when you get serious about saving your marriage. We will be here to help. But we won't enable your marriage wrecking conflict avoidance.

x10

If it can be done.

You are doing nothing but wasting time, and have been... FOR 2 YEARS.

There might not be anything left to save, DUE TO YOUR INACTION.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation