Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
S
OP Offline
S
Nerse,
Yes I am a christian. I was going to church for a while but the family stopped going with me then I got on 3rd shift and had trouble adjusting to my schedule and never made it back. We then moved and I have talked to many parents of our kids school friends to see where to go. I asked family to help motivate me to get up to go, but with no prevail. I decided at the beginning of this week I am going to set the alarm on my phone and try to take at least one kid with me.

H and I went out for dinner the last two nights. It was a treat. It was as if time stopped and we could enjoy each other. As soon as we get in the car reality comes back and H tells me how hard it is and not sure where to go from here. He tells me that he loves me but he feels powerless. He believes the only way he can get empowerment back is to do what I did. H said that at least I get the dignity to know what he is going to do.

I told him that I didn't know what to say. He said it's not fair for me to "have my cake and eat it to". So he would like to know what it is that I thought I was missing or searching for. He is right It's not fair for what I have done, but I certainly don't want to through him in the arms some crazy women with STD's. He believes this would be the only way to get threw to me.

God I am praying for his strength for us both. Please Lord I beg of you!

I am the WS
BH, love him dearly

~It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

~When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
S
OP Offline
S
I am a lost for words right now. My H went to the bar Friday alone (way out of character for him) while I was a work that is only three blocks away from my work place! He said he met a younger woman and they danced (I can't even get him to dance) they kissed, he felt held her breast and she proceeded to move his hand to her derriere. H told her his M is in the crapper and they were ready to leave together. Her friends and her were arguing over her leaving with them. H grabbed coat and bar tender must have noticed what was going on and told H she was skank, so H left by himself. So I have been told. Could there be more???? H has with held situations before from me....

I don't understand. We are great when were together. Had a good week end together, but then he posts how miserable he is. When we are together and he has a look of sincere, is it all a mask? I understand how hurt he is. Is time the only cure?

I am the WS
BH, love him dearly

~It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

~When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
M
M
What your H did was very wrong.

I understand how hurt he is. Is time the only cure?

No, the answer lies in the PLAN, which you have both resisted to implement with numerous "but's".

Me, FWW: 43
Mr_Recon6mo, FWH: 44
DD20 and DS23
3 cats
Married 23 years, together 24
Divorcing

C
C
Ugh......gross. I'm sorry he did that to you.

I'd DIE if my BH did that to me.

"Getting back at you" is not the way. Are you working Harley's online program? Are you getting 15 hours together?

I feel your pain. Again, I'm sorry.

Me: WW41
Hubby: BH40...My Amazing forgiving man (CharpyTest)
DD: 8 DS: 8 DD: 6
EA/PA: 3 years
May 25, 2011 (Formal NC letter sent)
P
P
Originally Posted by Mrs_Recon6mo

No, the answer lies in the PLAN, which you have both resisted to implement with numerous "but's".

EGG ZAK LEE !

M
M

DITTO.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Distractions right now are not moving your situation forward.

Your BH approached the cliff, and for whatever set of circumstances, backed off. We've suitably chastised and counselled him for his foolishness. One of the things pointed out to him was the inadvisibility of yielding any moral traction to you, giving you the looked-for excuse to stop working.

Now get back to your side of the stable and keep shovelling.

F
F
SPW,

It really stinks doesn't it? Having that sick feeling in your stomach that your husband actually thought about touching another woman. Then really thinking about it and knowing that your husband has had that exact same feeling in his stomach more than once thanks to you.

My husband cheating on me was very out of character for him as well. Even though it does not help and I did not deserve it, I can't help but think that I am the reason why he did what he did. What makes me feel even more nauseous is the fact that I did not have the sense to think about this when I was in my own selfish fog.

Why in the world would I let another man touch me when I know that I would never want another woman touching my husband is beyond me now...selfish and insecure I guess.

Remember this feeling and never forget it. Remember that even though your husband's actions are his own, it is the pain that you have caused that led him to the cliff. Be thankful that he did not jump off like mine did because it is a lot harder to climb back up.

And NEVER use this as an excuse to hurt him in return or stop trying to learn from your mistakes and make yourself a better more trustworthy person. Nothing is about you anymore. You had your selfish moment and now it is time to give back to your husband and family.

Come up with a PLAN or as I did a letter and OUTLINE of what you are going to change. I am a visual person so I am looking at it as there are certain people, situations, and actions that are covered in the "affair fog" for me. Just like you would want to avoid poison, you want to stay away from those situation. Know your weaknesses and work on avoiding them and making yourself stronger.

Do it for your husband but also do it for yourself and your self respect.

Also, you posted above:
"I don't understand. We are great when were together. Had a good week end together, but then he posts how miserable he is. When we are together and he has a look of sincere, is it all a mask?"

He very well could be wearing a mask. I thought my husband was getting better as well but he was just trying to push back pain that he could not. Especially since this was not the first time I hurt him. He could no longer take it and had to leave.

He is conflicted and wants to love you but doesn't know how he can when he does not trust you. He doesn't know if he can handle the pain. YOU = PAIN right now.

I do feel bad for you and your situation. It is very similar to mine. I wish you the best and come up with a PLAN that will not change no matter what your husband decides. This is for you!!

Me (WS) Husband (BS)
DS - 15
DD -10
My D-day - 11/12/11

Today Me (BS) H (WS)
D-Day #2 01/14/12
I don't want to just survive my affair, I want to recover from it!
S
S
I don't understand.

Oh but you DO. He became wayward. Don't use this to try to distract from YOUR work, and don't worry, we aren't letting him off the hook about it.

Now, what are you going to do for your marriage today?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks everyone. Through a good punch, Now I will get "back in my stable to shovel better".
Our fifteen hours could certainly be better. I guess I was thinking that all time was quality together, but I guess if the kids are around it creates a disturbance. So I guess on the weekends I should make plans to do something like movies, an event, or just a hike.
what else can you do with limited $$$?

I am the WS
BH, love him dearly

C
C
Originally Posted by senninpaswife
Thanks everyone. Through a good punch, Now I will get "back in my stable to shovel better".
Our fifteen hours could certainly be better. I guess I was thinking that all time was quality together, but I guess if the kids are around it creates a disturbance. So I guess on the weekends I should make plans to do something like movies, an event, or just a hike.

Picnics, back rubs, board games, you can do stuff like "getting to know you games", etc.

That 15hrs really needs to be a minimum of 20 at this point.

Why don't you take drives in the country? We always do that. Good opportunities to talk...

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
K
K
My husband and I do a number of things for a cheap date:

1. Go to a free art museum at the university
2. Take a five mile walk around the town on a sunshiny day
3. Window shop in the mall - sample the lotions, smell a perfume or a cologne on each other.
4. Hot chocolate and french fries date.
5. Get a $1 video rental at the store and wait until son was asleep to watch (when he was younger)
6. Read a good book together - take turns being the reader
7. Read Scriptures together
8. Attend a free recital at the university, or a concert at the high school - might cost us $10 total for the concert tickets depending on whether it's a solo recital or a choir/orchestra/theatrical performance.
9. Take turns cooking a theme dinner for each other. Go to the thrift store for any costumes or table decor needed with a maximum $5 budget - see how creative we could be. You'd be surprised what some rice, ham and pineapple, or hamburger and fresh vegies can be made into...

Necessity doesn't negate creativity!! No excuses!

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
C
C
Originally Posted by celticvoyager

Picnics, back rubs, board games, you can do stuff like "getting to know you games", etc.

That 15hrs really needs to be a minimum of 20 at this point.

Why don't you take drives in the country? We always do that. Good opportunities to talk...

CV

Here's one of those "getting to know you" games we played:

1. Who are you?

2. Are we friends?

3. When and how did we meet?

4. Do you have a crush on me?

5. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.

6. Describe me in one word.

7. What was your first impression?

8. Do you still think that way about me now?

9. What reminds you of me?

10. If you could give me anything what would it be?

11. How well do you know me?

12. When's the last time you saw me?

13. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?

depending on where you guys are at, you may want to edit/change some of the questions so as not to trigger each other, but keep it light and have fun.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
H
H
I am a lost for words right now. My H went to the bar Friday alone (way out of character for him) while I was at work

THIS is why Melody Lane has been telling both of you that it is a must to be on the same work schedule. You are both apart from each other during the times necessary to achieve 15++++ hrs of UA time.... the different shifts exasperate the issue.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
H
H
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
My husband and I do a number of things for a cheap date:

1. Go to a free art museum at the university
2. Take a five mile walk around the town on a sunshiny day
3. Window shop in the mall - sample the lotions, smell a perfume or a cologne on each other.
4. Hot chocolate and french fries date.
5. Get a $1 video rental at the store and wait until son was asleep to watch (when he was younger)
6. Read a good book together - take turns being the reader
7. Read Scriptures together
8. Attend a free recital at the university, or a concert at the high school - might cost us $10 total for the concert tickets depending on whether it's a solo recital or a choir/orchestra/theatrical performance.
9. Take turns cooking a theme dinner for each other. Go to the thrift store for any costumes or table decor needed with a maximum $5 budget - see how creative we could be. You'd be surprised what some rice, ham and pineapple, or hamburger and fresh vegies can be made into...

Necessity doesn't negate creativity!! No excuses!

These are great ideas!

Do some searches online to find even more......

Recovery began 10/07;

N
N
Poster: senninpaswife
Subject: Re: Senninpa's wife here the WS

Ideas on a tight budget originally posted by

StillLovingHim MB's 101
7/19/2008

Liz8520 had originally posted this over in the Creative Affection section, and it's fantastic! I thought since it had been 1.5 years since it had been posted, that a reminder in a more visible forum might help some folks. I'm printing this one out for myself, too!

175 ROMANTIC THINGS YOU COULD EASILY DO
-By Doug Fields

The strength of your marriage depends on the choices you make to improve it. Unfortunately, many couples have lost the spark they shared before they married and have replaced it with a humdrum routine. Dating and romancing your spouse can change those patterns, and can be a lot of fun, but will require some hard work. Planning and energy are imperative for making good times happen.

Is it worth the trouble? I'm convinced that the lack of dating and romance in marriage is one of the major causes of broken relationships. Marriages usually don't collapse overnight. They become bankrupt gradually because they lack daily deposits of love, communication and affirmation.

[Below are a number of ideas that could help you in your romantic expression with each other.] A few of these ideas may be too outrageous for your style. That's okay. Read the ideas, shake your head in wonder, and mutter, "Some people are really bizarre." I developed this list with the hope that each couple would add to or subtract from it in order to meet their individual ideas. You may find the outrageous ideas are helpful in stretching your imagination and pushing you toward becoming more creative.

Now—for the ideas! Here they are:

1. Sketch your dream-house floor plan and talk about the possibilities for each room.
2. Take a bath or shower together.
3. Write the love story of how you met. Get it printed and bound.
4. List your spouse's best qualities in alphabetical order.
5. Tour a museum or an art gallery.
6. Park in a secluded area and kiss in your car.
7. Make your own movie scene—stop and kiss on a bridge as the sun is setting.
8. Place great emphasis on the little changes she makes concerning her appearance.
9. Give your wife a bath and wash her hair.
10. Float on a raft together.
11. Take a stroll around the block.
12. Take your wife away from the kitchen while she's cooking, and "sauté" her with kisses.
13. Bring home foods she loves to eat but won't buy for herself. (Don't do this if she's dieting!)
14. Give each other a back rub.
15. Rent a classic love-story and watch it while cuddling under blankets.
16. Give your spouse a body massage.
17. Walk through model homes and dream about your next house. Steal a kiss in a closet.
18. Stroll around a nearby lake.
19. Sit in front of the fireplace and talk.
20. Read to one another in bed.
21. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride.
22. Turn the lights down during dinner.
23. Make a surprise call to your spouse while you're out of town (in addition to your scheduled calls).
24. Play music in your bedroom.
25. Go swimming in the middle of the night.
26. Shave your wife's legs.
27. Shave your husband's face.
28. Write a poem for your spouse.
29. Run through the sprinklers on a hot day.
30. Remember to look into your spouse's eyes while she tells you about her day.
31. Make up nicknames for each other.
32. Go the extra mile to please your mate.
33. When you're the one who's correct during a discussion, give your spouse a kiss. Focus on your love rather than who's right.
34. Tell your spouse, "I'm glad I married you!"
35. Fulfill one of your spouse's fantasies.
36. Hug your husband from behind and give him a kiss on the back of the neck.
37. Stop in the middle of your busy day and talk to your spouse for 15 minutes.
38. Create your own special holiday.
39. Place your hand on your spouse's leg when you're riding in the car.
40. Send your wife a compliment through one of her friends or colleagues.
41. Ask for an isolated booth in a restaurant.
42. Become your spouse's cheerleader when she's had a terrible day.
43. Tell your wife, "I love you because…" (Finish the sentence.)
44. Show your wife affection while she's talking to one of her friends.
45. Sleep in a sleeping bag together.
46. Do something your spouse loves to do, even though it doesn't interest you personally.
47. Go horseback riding on the same horse.
48. Photocopy a newspaper cartoon and write your own romantic caption.
49. Write out romantic notes and leave them in places your spouse will find them.
50. Cut out romantic photos from magazines and write your own messages on them.
51. While driving, pull over for scenic sights and get out of the car to enjoy God's creation.
52. Write your spouse affirming love letters.
53. Mail your spouse love letters instead of leaving them in the house.
54. Feed ducks together (you can feed any type of animal as long as it's not a house pet—the idea is to get outside together).
55. Build a snowman together.
56. Watch the sun come up or go down.
57. Go fishing together with only one pole.
58. Sit on the same side of a restaurant booth.
59. Spontaneously spend the entire day together away from the house.
60. Picnic by a pond.
61. Give your mate a foot massage.
62. Put on perfume or after-shave before going out.
63. Go Skinny-dipping.
64. Develop a code word for sex that you can use when you're a part of a crowd.
65. Buy your husband or wife a new outfit.
66. Sing a song to your spouse.
67. Let go of helium balloons and watch them race each other out of sight.
68. Buy her a stuffed animal.
69. Write "I love you" in the dust around the house instead of complaining about it.
70. Set up a surprise manicure, hairstyling, or mud bath appointment for your spouse.
71. Put together a puzzle on a rainy night.
72. Read a romance novel together.
73. Rent a boat.
74. Take a train ride.
75. Ride bikes in the rain.
76. Read poetry to one another.
77. Build sand castles on the beach
78. Take a moonlight canoe ride.
79. Make your spouse a greeting card.
80. Swing together on a playground.
81. Go for a midnight dip in a hot tub.
82. Give your wife a balloon bouquet.
83. Plant a tree together in honor of your marriage.
84. Make heart-shaped pancakes and serve them to your wife in bed.
85. Bring home flowers.
86. Surprise your wife when she's busy by saying, "What can I do to help?"
87. Take a hot-air balloon ride.
88. Walk through a housing construction site and kiss each other in each of the houses.
89. Count the stars.
90. Prior to a "work day" at home, hide gifts for your spouse in places where they'll find them.
91. Bring a late-night snack and drink to bed.
92. Order different kinds of food at a restaurant.
93. Whisper something romantic to your spouse in a crowded room.
94. Have a candlelight picnic in the backyard.
95. Play tennis at night under a full moon using no lights.
96. Develop a weekly dining spot to meet for lunch.
97. Share a long piece of licorice without using your hands.
98. Make cookies by candlelight.
99. Unscrew the table-light bulb at your restaurant booth to dim the lights.
100. Put perfume on your bed sheets.
101. Leave encouraging notes for your spouse that he will find at different times through the week.
102. Put on old clothes and go out and play in the mud together and then shower together.
103. Hold hands while roller skating.
104. Write out 50 reasons you're glad to be married to your spouse.
105. Tickle-wrestle in bed.
106. Go on a walk together and pick flowers.
107. Put an "I Love You!" message in her lunch.
108. Place a rose on her pillow.
109. Set candles above the bed (carefully!).
110. Serve breakfast in bed.
111. Hide small gifts that your spouse will find throughout the week.
112. Sit and listen carefully to one another.
113. Tuck your wife into bed, read her a goodnight story (or scripture) and kiss her on the forehead.
114. Remember how you used to laugh at things he thought were funny? Do it again.
115. Write a song for your spouse.
116. Go for a walk barefoot.
117. Go kite flying.
118. Splash each other.
119. Spend an entire day in the "middle of nowhere".
120. Dance in your candlelit living room.
121. Walk on the beach.
122. Play a board game by the fire.
123. Reminisce through old photo albums.
124. Go away for the weekend.
125. Go for a moonlit walk down a street of beautiful homes.
126. Rub feet under the table.
127. Kiss in crowded area.
128. Sit on his lap even when there's sitting room elsewhere.
129. Surprise your spouse with an ice-cold drink while he/she is working hard on a hot day.
130. Kiss in the rain.
131. Join him, unexpectedly, in the shower.
132. Mail a love letter to your spouse's place of work.
133. Create a trail through your home with a string leading your mate to a gift you have for them.
134. Buy your husband a negligee that you know you'll look great in.
135. Brush her hair.
136. Ride a carousel or a merry-go-round.
137. Take a bike ride—on the same bike.
138. Hug while you roll down a hill (if you want to do this again you'd better choose a grassy hill).
139. Leave teasing notes around the house to create an atmosphere of anticipation.
140. Use a tender-touch as you pass one another around the house.
141. Share a milk shake with two straws.
142. Take the phone off the hook, turn off the TV, turn down the lights and kiss on the floor.
143. Put fresh flowers in front of her bathroom sink and write a love note with lipstick on the mirror.
144. Dedicate a song to her over the radio.
145. Break away from the chaos of the family long enough to share an intimate conversation.
146. Wink and smile at your spouse from across the room.
147. Kiss your spouse's fingers.
148. Celebrate for no reason.
149. Leave a photo of yourself on his dashboard.
150. Give your husband a manicure.
151. Using plastic cups, create your own miniature golf course by placing the cups in different locations around the house and have fun creatively playing the game together.
152. Fill your bed with rose petals.
153. Play strip canasta.
154. Remember something she thinks you've forgotten.
155. Stand together in front of a lake and watch your reflections.
156. Hug for an extended period of time.
157. Leave your lip-prints on a note.
158. Sit in front of the window during a rainstorm.
159. Do something together to help someone else.
160. Take a fun class together.
161. Go rock-skipping.
162. Ride a bicycle-built-for-two.
163. Fall asleep holding each other.
164. Draw your spouse a stick figure picture of something romantic.
165. Tell your wife you will take her anywhere she wants to go.
166. Call your husband during the day and remind him of your love for him.
167. Get up some morning and head out in the car together without planning one single thing.
168. Have a hot bubble-bath ready for her when she comes home from a hard day.
169. Ask your spouse, "What can I do to make you happier?"
170. Buy new satin sheets.
171. Try to go away for the weekend and spend only $20.
172. Break your after-dinner routine and go sightseeing.
173. Mail a love letter to your spouse's place of work.
174. Reminisce about your first kiss or your first date.
175. Drop everything and do something for the one you love—right now!
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

Hope this gives you a few ideas you can use.

nESRE

H
H

DITTO #3

You told me in a previous post that you had not read HNHN or LB'ers in years....

You have also said, in so many words, that you have not begun working out the details of implementing Dr. Harley's plan of recovery from infidelity.

So when are you going to get motivated to do this?

My outline of the first 6 weeks after my A ended;

Wk 1) Left town alone with my wife and answered A related questions about 3-4 hours straight evry day,,,and spent undivided time together the remainder of the each day, for seven days.
We also worked out the details of how we were going to proceed forward.

Wk 2) Came home from our trip and I proceeded to make ammends to those I had been lying to.... My family, my in-laws, my ministers, my employees, my friends..... I laid it all out there.

Wk 3) Began counseling/coaching with Dr. Jennifer Harley-Chalmers. With Jennifers guidance, I worked through SAA and wrote out my list of EP's.
Started and finished HNHN for the first time (re-read it again a few weeks later)

Wk 4) Worked through ALL of my top 5 EN lists, describing IN DETAIL, at least 10 ways I like each of them met. (My wife was mirroring my efforts at the same time) Again, Jennifer guided us through a discussion of how to use these lists effectively.
Started and finished the book Love Busters.

Wk 5) Learned how to use POJA correctly with Jennifers help. Spent a great deal of time learning how to schedule UA.... (We only had FIVE kids at this time, so scheduling time was easier than it is now)

Wk 6) Went to see an attorney to draw up our POST-NUP Agreement. With Jennifers help, we learned how to do feedback with each other for the purpose of learning how to hit the targets of meeting EN's more effectively. This feedback did not go well for months, it was a source of pain to my wife and triggered her terribly, SOOOOO it was very one sided for a long time. (My willingness to meet her EN's was, and still is, my "Thank You" for hanging in there with me)
Started and finished the book FIL,SIL. (I love this book, I read it at least 20 times the first year and still listen to it again on Audio CD every couple of months)

Wk 7) Worked with Jennifer over the next few weeks to get the kinks out. Laid out a detailed, long term plan to affair proof my life. Eliminated all the possible sources of my wifes pain.

Wash,
Rinse,
Repeat...

Did I mention, I'm also a very slow reader? Even after several eye surgeries, I still have a difficult time reading... Yet I managed to get all of that done in a few short weeks.

HOW?

I eliminated all distractions!
I purposed to work the plan!
I still worked 45 hrs a week (which was far less than I had worked in years) We still scheduled 15 Hrs of family time (FC is my wifes #1 need, tied with O&H). We found between 20-25 hrs of UA time in there as well. There were NO TV's & NO Movies... There was no time for them & Way too many triggers with all the affairs and suggestive crap in every program.
We started with a UA list similar to what KA posted earlier & added to it over time.

This is just a rough idea of what we did in the first 3 months of recovery. I'm not bragging, but I wanted to show you what happened in our first few months, WHICH IS WHY IT WAS SUCCESSFUL, and HOPEFULLY it may help you see why I'm so discouraged with your progress/effort.

Look, It isn't the amount of time that passes that makes recovery possible....
It's the effort to work the MB PLAN that makes a recovery possible!

BTW, I'm taking time while I'm in China to post to you! We just adopted a beautiful, little, 4 year old China Doll this week and she is napping right now, while Mamma is swiming with all our other kids. Myself and others take time out of our crazy lives to post to you BECAUSE we ALL want to see you succeed!

SO, Please get to work on DR. H's PLAN!

Not your own Plan C ..... Dr. Harleys PLAN!

And update us daily!

Last edited by HerPapaBear; 02/02/12 01:25 AM.

Recovery began 10/07;

M
M
This post is one of the most encouraging ones I have seen here lately and once more proves that everything is possible and even more with Harley's well-outlined plan.

Congratulations, HPB and SMB, on your latest addition! hurray

Me, FWW: 43
Mr_Recon6mo, FWH: 44
DD20 and DS23
3 cats
Married 23 years, together 24
Divorcing

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the wonderful idea's. This will certainly help. I love the getting to know you games. I have lost sight of who I am and i believe this will help alot.

HerPapaBear, Thank you for taking your time while you are very busy to post. I really appreciate your input and your insight is so very helpful. I am still working on a plan. So far I making a list of things to do for the two of us. I am getting ready to call my uncle to see what advice he can give. He has a very strong religious back round and told me that I should be looking for an assembly of God church or southern baptist, yesterday.

We have been spending more time together. I'm sorry, I just got off from work and I am so tired I can not think straight. I will get back on soon to give better details. Thanks again for all the great idea's.

I am the WS
BH, love him dearly

C
C
Thanks for all the wonderful idea's. This will certainly help. I love the getting to know you games. I have lost sight of who I am and i believe this will help alot.

HerPapaBear, Thank you for taking your time while you are very busy to post. I really appreciate your input and your insight is so very helpful. I am still working on a plan. So far I making a list of things to do for the two of us. I am getting ready to call my uncle to see what advice he can give. He has a very strong religious back round and told me that I should be looking for an assembly of God church or southern baptist, yesterday.

We have been spending more time together. I'm sorry, I just got off from work and I am so tired I can not think straight. I will get back on soon to give better details. Thanks again for all the great idea's.

If you guys are conservative protestants theologically, also try the PCA and OPC. The PCA churches tend to be a bit bigger (over 200 members), and the OPC churches tend to be smaller and more close knit.

I know many pastors in both denoms and they are solid bible believing guys.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 462 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation