Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 104 1 2 3 4 103 104
S
OP Offline
S
I love this letter and actually gave it to him a few weeks ago. He said her really liked the letter and understood, but I haven't received much more information. He is standing behind what he has already told me.

Last edited by starfish75; 03/13/12 03:23 PM.
M
M
Originally Posted by starfish75
I will definitely call my MIL tonight. Is there something in particular I can ask her to help me with regarding WH? I'm not sure I can ask her to talk down to him like trash. She knows that we are in MC and working on our marriage. I'm just not sure what to ask her exactly... See, the problem is that my in-laws attended her wedding and I think they truly believe that she is a friend of my H and their family. They don't see her and I'm not sure they speak with her, but I want to make sure that NC goes for the whole family.
]

ok, I did not suggest she talk down to him like trash. He has behaved like trailer trash and she will speak to him in the manner she chooses. My suggestion is that you ask her to speak to him and try to help him out.

And be sure and call the OW's mother and let her know about the affair.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
I have the address of the OW's mother, but not her phone number. I'm doing my best to find it online without having to pay a fee.

B
B
Starfish,

Welcome to MB and sorry to see you here. I can share that my WH refused during MC to take a polygragh and he stated it is bc he freaks out and gets to nervous. Was that the real reason, no, of course he was lying and still in contact.

WS's get very creative to get there crack hit. I agree with the others, there are many red flags here and most likely you are in false recovery.

Sorry, but at least you know where you are at.

ba

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
M
M
I have the address of the OW's mother, but not her phone number. I'm doing my best to find it online without having to pay a fee.

Can you see her on facebook? If you can find her on facebook, you could send her a private message and ask that she call you personally.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
sf, how old is your husband?

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
He will be 37 next month. I am 36 years old.

Last edited by starfish75; 03/13/12 04:28 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
beginagain: Did your H take the polygraph and did he pass?

D
D
The vets are giving you good advice; listen to them. My only contribution is some editing, and it's still pretty long...

We are 6 wks. Post D-Day, in marital counseling and I�m working on getting myself into IC. We have started some of the questionnaires from MB and I�m waiting on a few books that I ordered from MB as well to incorporate into our recovery/reconciliation.

My husband and I married in 2007 and the OW married about a year after we did. My H and I have been dealing with infertility for the past 2 and � years, and have been doing everything possible to start a family.

My WH was having an EA with an old girlfriend/friend. They had been in contact for the past 6+years. I discovered that he had put her phone number back in his phone after he told me that he deleted it months before.

On D-Day, I finally put my foot down and told WH that it was either her or me. He sent her a NC email and cc: me. A few days later she responded to both of us. Her response really pissed me off, because he asked her to respect our relationship and NC and she still made contact.

He divulged that he had two lunches with her. He also took her out on our boat one day to talk. He assures me that he picked her up and then they went out and dropped anchor to �talk� about her divorce, because she was really upset.

I have been checking our cell phone bill to verify that contact has ended and he has given me his passwords for his personal email, but we have private log-ins at work and I can�t check his emails there. He did block her email address and deleted her as a contact after I asked him to do so.

His reasons for seeing her, talking on the phone, texting, emailing, etc. was that she was just a friend and he had a hard time telling her �no�, especially when she was going through difficult times.

I keep hearing from him that he has already told me everything, that it�s over and they were just friends and the only thing that happened between them physically were hugs. He said he hasn�t had any communication with her since he sent her the NC email. He does seem truly remorseful at times and other times he seems like he doesn�t understand how we can�t just move beyond all of this.

Our MC is working with us and trying to get to the bottom of his actions. He has agreed that he hasn�t been good about meeting my emotional needs and has been doing much better. I�m just trying to figure out why all of this happened. I realize that he had poor boundaries or maybe at times no boundaries. He really is trying, but I�m just so scared that things will eventually go back to the way they were after things cool off.

Our MC asked him to distinguish which relationship was more important: The relationship with his wife or the relationships with his friends. He told our MC that they are both important. This of course brought me to tears.

WH says that he was trying to pull away from the OW, because he felt like it was too risky. He said that he felt like his time was running out and he was afraid of getting caught. I don�t get this either, because according to the phone records, they were in contact more during this time that he says he was trying to �pull away�.

My husband has made a timeline for me, but I still feel that there are details that are being left out. There seems to be a lot of things that he can�t remember or doesn�t really have the answers to and he doesn�t even know why he did certain things and keeps telling me that it was a mistake and he wishes it never would have happened.

He has been omitting information from me for a long time. I have been put in this situation a few times and I just don�t understand how I�m so honest and open about my past and he isn�t or doesn�t feel that it is important.

A couple of weeks ago I contacted OW�s ex. He told me they are not divorced. They are living in separate residences, but �working� on their marriage. He said that his W filed for divorce one year ago, which was 4 months after my husband took her on our boat to discuss her divorce. He said that his wife did mention a couple of lunches with my husband while she was in town and eventually divulged the boating day. He said I could call him if anything else came up or needed him to find out more information.

I told WH and he wasn�t upset at all, but he was in shock! I asked him if it was worth it and he said, �Absolutely NOT�It pissed off my wife and NO WAY was it worth this!!!� At times, he said he felt like it was ok, but he would never do it again and wishes he could turn back the hands of time. He said that watching my pain and him feeling like $#@* sucks!

My husband started reading �Not Just Friends�, but hasn�t gotten very far. I can�t force him to read it, but thought it would be good for him to and help him to understand what I�m going through and why. It also has areas for him in the book as well in relation to setting healthy boundaries.

My MIL is in town this week and wants to see us this weekend. His parents know that we are in MC for communication problems, but that is all that they know. It has been 6 wks. Post D-Day and I am feeling torn if I should tell her or if I should just let her believe that we are having communication problems.

Hopefully some of you will have some advice or direction for me. This has been an extremely painful experience. I still sometimes think I'm going to wake up from this awful nightmare!

B
B
The MC agreed with my H that he shouldn't take it if he got that nervous. By the time he agreed in 2008, I already had the information I needed and the rest such as never having SF I didn't believe so I didn't need the polygraph. By then I had seen too much on MB forums to know that wasn't the truth.

The MC was 2005/2006 and very ineffective. MB is the only tool that has helped.

ba

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
M
M
beginagain: Did your H take the polygraph and did he pass?

starfish, we have many marriages that were greatly helped with polygraphs. The test helped by either forcing a reluctant WS to spill his guts and/or it helped the marriage when the WS passed the test. I have a strong feeling your H is still lying about something and when that happens recovery is impossible. It is impossible because you will SENSE something is wrong and by continuing to lie, he will remain foggy. You can't restore trust as long as he has secrets with skanky, nor can he redeem himself.

By insisting on a polygraph you send the message that you have STANDARDS and he had better live up to them if he wants to remain married. You need to RAISE your standards very high if you want to save this marriage. If you lower you standards, he will just live down to your expectations and you will end up with a crippled marriage.

Exposure 101

M
M
p.s. when you get the answers to his written questions [yes written!] you can share any new news with that ho's husband. Don't tell your H in advance.

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you for all of your advice and support! I'm truly thankful!!!

I just got off of the phone with my MIL and she is devastated. She said she knew something was going on, but she wasn't sure what it was. She said that I have her support and she loves me very much. She doesn't understand it either and said that the last contact they had with OW was at her wedding. She said there will be no contact with them and OW and she is truly sorry and understands that I need to know the facts before I can move forward.

S
OP Offline
S
I am sure now that the polygraph is a must. What type of questions should I ask him? So far, I have the following:

Did you have sex with OW on our boat?

Did you kiss or have any other sexual relations with OW on our boat?

Did you kiss or have any other sexual relations with OW during your lunches?

Did you have sex with OW during your lunches?

Have you had any other affairs since we have been together before marriage while we were dating or after marriage?

Did you meet OW on any other occasion other than the two lunches or the day on our boat?

Have you been in contact with OW since you sent the NC email?

**** Can you think of any other questions that I should ask?

M
M
Are you contacting the OW via any vehicle, ie: email, text, phone, etc?

Exposure 101

M
M
Good job on telling your MIL! What about the OW's mom?

Exposure 101

P
P
starfish. I am no expert on this but I would remove "the boat" from the questions. They may have had sex elsewhere.

I would assume that what you really want to know is IF they had sex any time during your marriage.

How many questions can you ask? I thought I had read somewhere that it was limited.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

R
R
Did you ever have sexual relations with OW?

Have you had sexual relations with other women since marriage to starfish75?

M
M
Originally Posted by reading
Did you ever have sexual relations with OW?

Have you had sexual relations with other women since marriage to starfish75?

reading, the questions she is formulating right now are the written questions she is giving him before the test. When she sets up the test, the polygrapher will help her refine it and different questions will be devised.

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Ok, thanks for the tips! I haven't contacted OW's mom yet. Not sure how to get in touch with her. She lives in a gated condo development.

I spoke with my FIL and he was also in shock and thanked me over and over again for calling, he was so sorry that his son had put me through this and that he loves me... I'm his girl! He walked me down the isle at our wedding. He asked me what I know to be true and what things I do not know. I think he's going to try to help get WH to come clean. He said he would do whatever I wanted him to do and asked me if I would tell H that we spoke or if I wanted him to talk to him about our conversation. I told my FIL that he could talk to his son about our conversation. Thought it might be better that way...

Page 2 of 104 1 2 3 4 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation