Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 104 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 103 104
S
OP Offline
S
Can I legally change the locks?

I
I
Starfish, remember your husband is an addict who has been taking hits in the dark. His only hope is to cling to the dark and avoid the light.

Don't trust an addict, change the locks.Do not stop your pursuit of truth and light either.

Keep up you FANTASTIC efforts. He doesn't stand a chance.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M
Originally Posted by starfish75
He won't take the poly!!!! He said I need to have faith in him!

He has no business telling you that you should have faith in him. He needs to step up and starting righting his wrongs, starting with coming clean and proving it.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
OP Offline
S
Going to the bank this morning. He has refused the poly. I stood firm and he said that I made my decision... throwing it backing on me! I have no words... 2 hrs. of sleep and heading to the bank with my mom. He texted my mom and said he wants to talk to me later this morning. He won't give me the passwords either! What a mess this has become! His brother was such a jerk last night telling me that we are DONE (meaning me and WH). frown

C
C
ignore his brother! dont back down, if you do it will show him that you are a pushover he can keep behaving in that manner.

tell him that you really hope that he will go to the appointment beacuse that what you need him to do to help you heal from this mess and move forward with a clean slate and build a fulfilling marriage together.

you really are doing great, i know you feel like its a mess but i have hope that this is a small bump in the road today.

did you get the keylogger on?

sleep is key. did you take off a few days?

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

M
M
And to think this is all over your requirement that you have the full truth. I am so sorry, starfish, but I could tell from the start he was lying and his behavior just indicates there is more. Do you have the paper he filled out for you admitting his affair with the coworker? I would hang onto it.

The next step I would take is do your best to calm down with him. Let him know that you want your marriage to work but you have to have the truth. Be firm in your conditions [polygraph] and then if he still refuses to do that go into Plan B in a couple of weeks.

Plan B is a completely dark separation where all interaction is handled through a intermediary. It is initiated with a Plan B letter, which is a love letter that states your conditions and gives him a path back.

hugs to you, my friend. I know this is hard. But your marriage can never recover unless it is based on the truth. Until he gives you that, there is no recovery.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
D
He has refused the poly. I stood firm and he said that I made my decision... throwing it backing on me!
Yes, yes you did make your decision. You made the decision to not live in a sham marriage with someone who is not willing to live a transparent life and commit to being a faithful, loving partner. Now he has a decision to make -- does he intend to become a person to whom you would decide to be married?

I'd say you made a pretty good decision.

M
M
Originally Posted by starfish75
Can I legally change the locks?

Yes, it is not illegal in any state in this union to change the locks on your own home.

And tell your husband when you speak that in order to have "faith" he needs to be faithful. He has not been faithful.

starfish, when you speak to him, it is important that you not lovebust him. No fighting, no anger, just be firm and polite. Don't fight with him and make the situation worse.

Let him know you are willing to forgive, but only the basis that he honest and is willing to take a polygraph to prove his honesty. that is the only way your marriage can recover. A marriage cannot recover when there are valid and legitimate questions about his honesty.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
starfish, I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Can you take the next 2 days off and get some rest? Can you also call up your doctor and get some anti-depressants? Its real important to calm down.

These are really good suggestions. I just thought I'd bring them up again.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
L
L
Exposure is next Starfish.
You have enough evidence (his own admission) that he's been having affairs.
Tell his parents the additional information.
And get ready to spread the word.

Expose both OW. Facebook.

Use the messages we recommend here.

I am sorry to share this news, but my husband has been having affairs (yes, more than one). I am asking for your prayers and support. Please tell WH to end this behavior and work on our marriage.

or for OW:

I am sorry to share this news, but OW has been having an affair with my husband. Please tell OW to end this behavior and work on her marriage.

S
OP Offline
S
Took 1/2 out of checking/savings and opened up my own accounts today. I wanted to vomit when I received the check from the funds. Money means nothing to me... I know I need to protect myself and have security, but this is not what I wanted.

WH now has OW#2's phone number again, because he found the messages that we were sharing. He has changed all the p/w's, so now I can't check cell phone records, credit card, banking info. I'm a wreck!

He texted my mom and told her that he wants to talk to me later, but knows that I need my rest.

I have no words. Everyone here and all of my family and friends know that he is still lying and nobody can understand. He is so very sick!
In-laws know everything. MIL said maybe he needs to be alone and doesn't know how we can move forward. She says he isn't the son she raised and doesn't know him, but WH said she seemed supportive when he talked to her last night.

I'm sure OW#2 won't call me now, because I'm sure she knows now and is scared. I haven't exposed to her family and friends yet. I'm too exhausted and dilirious (sp)!

I have no idea what to say to WH now. I'm so weak. I could really use a short, simple script, because I cannot retain much right now.

My IC is amazing and checking with me daily and is filling out FMLA paperwork for me. Hopefully they approve 3 weeks off. I have a lot of love and support, but it's exhausting keeping up with all of the text messages and phone calls. I just want to be here right now...

M
M
SF, you are doing great! And you sound much calmer. I am so sorry this is happening to you.

When you speak to your H, be calm and respectful. Tell him that you love him and want your marriage to work out, but that can only happen if you have all of the truth. You are not promising anything, but you are willing to give him an opportunity to earn your forgiveness only if he tells the full truth and submits to a polygraph. If he wants you to have "faith" in his word, he needs to back it up. Until that happens, you can have no "faith" in him whatsoever.

You are willing to forgive an affair, but are not willing to forgive more lies. So now is the time to come clean if he wants to stay married.

Exposure 101

B
B
<<starfish>> hugs and prayers for you today.

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
L
L
His behavior should inspire LESS trust not MORE.

Starfish -- most married couples misuse the concept of "trust".
There is no place for blind trust in a marriage. Transparency is what is needed in a marriage.

If he is not willing to be transparent and truly share his life WITH you, then he not marriage-material.

Its simply not fair of him to expect you to have children and make major life decisions based on incomplete facts about your life.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
His behavior should inspire LESS trust not MORE.

Starfish -- most married couples misuse the concept of "trust".
There is no place for blind trust in a marriage. Transparency is what is needed in a marriage.

If he is not willing to be transparent and truly share his life WITH you, then he not marriage-material.

Its simply not fair of him to expect you to have children and make major life decisions based on incomplete facts about your life.

I couldn't agree with you more...
He is still lying and I just don't know what else to do. He hasn't called me yet today.

S
S
starfish,

Mel's advice to stay calm and not lovebust is crucial. If you blow up when he gives you information, it is just going to make him clam up even more.

When you speak to him again, if you need a minute to calm yourself, tell him you will call back, etc. Again, if you need AD's don't be afraid to use them to get through.

I went back and saw in your first post that he has been in touch with OW1 for six years. Did you ever speak to her yourself? Did he ever confess to having a PA with her?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
OP Offline
S
No, he hasn't admitted to PA with OW#1. I haven't talked to her (NC email).

P
P
Star. When I was in this state of limbo and my WH was not home...I used to keep my mind busy by doing some good old fashioned snooping. Going through pockets, drawers, statements, etc...

It sounds like your WH is trying very hard to hide some evidence from you. I bet he did not have time to clean everything out.

Sorry this is happening to you.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

S
OP Offline
S
He is reaching out to my mom and sister right now. My sister is meeting him at a park and I pray she can talk some sense into him and get him to do the right thing.

M
M
That is great! And I am presuming they fully support you in your quest for a polygraph?

Exposure 101

Page 13 of 104 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation