Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
X
OP Offline
X
WHAT many other ways to contact a person who lives in another country!!!??????Like I said,I am open to any suggestions!!!!

M
M
If you want people to post to you, you have to respond to our posts. We can't help you if you ignore our posts. I am leaving for lunch and an afternoon with my husband.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by xtremepain
WHAT many other ways to contact a person who lives in another country!!!??????Like I said,I am open to any suggestions!!!!

Have you checked out the operation investigate forum?

How about intellus.com, peoplesearch?

How about through your WW facebook to get the WH friends that may be related to his BW, a SIL?

Did you ever contact OMW's friends like Scotland suggested?

A relative from the OM that can give you contact information? Can you view her email from Facebook info?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

I
I
Let's see. If you expse to O.MW.:
! You do the right thing
! Maybe OM faces consequences
! Maybe the location of OM becomes off limits for WW
! Maybe WW faces consequences

Sounds strategic

If all else fails as far as getting her contact info, you could hire a pi in om country or go to other country yourself and track down the information for exposure targets.

Me 58: FWH (NC 32 yr), W 60, married 36 yr, DD 32
X
OP Offline
X
I've spent countless hours searching for any shred of info about the omw.Her fb doesnt show her friends or email contact.The only thing that came up on google,yahoo was a business she owned years ago that no longer exists.intelius.com is just for the US,no use for me.I tried statusbin and other search sites but to no avail.I did manage to find some people ,which I believe to be friends of OMW on fb.
My options:1.continue to wait for omw acceptance of my friend request.2.just send the expo letter via private message to omw despite the possibility of interception by om.3.make up a fake fb acct to contact whom i believe to be omw's friend.but what should the message be to avoid suspicion?friends of om and omw all think om is the perfect loving husband.I fear contacting the wrong person ,giving the om the chance to prepare for the expo attack.4.last resort which i dont really want to use,hire a PI to gather evidence to prosecute the om .the cons of this option is the omw may use the evidence to prosecute my wife as well.PI fee is costly and the their practice is questionable with ethic issues .Some are just plain con artists.

X
OP Offline
X
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
This seriously pisses me off when people come here and ask for help and then ignore every thing we say. This takes valuable time away from MY OWN PERSONAL LIFE.

I am barely functioning everyday.I am limping thru life trying to muster up what little strength i have..... no amount of prozacs could help me deal with the shxt i have.........on top of all this,a close family member is in critical health condition,affair is starting to affect business since she is also my biz partner,this is taking a toll on my health as well......... so if you cant show some compassion and consider the extreme challenges I have then DONT waste your valuable time taken away from YOUR PERSONAL LIFE to reply here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by xtremepain; 03/25/12 07:58 AM.
R
R
We are showing compassion.

And every single person on this forum who has posted to you- has been through the same chaos. The same. So please- take a breath, take a step, and look back at the great advice you have been given. Already given. That is compassionate.

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
X
OP Offline
X
I truly truly appreciate everyone and all their advices .People have given me many different advices here but I still need to strategize to come up with a plan that applies to my unique sitch.I didnt ignore any advice here.Just becos I didnt act on a particular advice,or act on it immediately,does not mean I dont give a hoot about it.My sitch is different,OM n his wife lives in another country.Its easier to search n track down people in the US .It took me days to compose that expo letter due to my poor proficiency in that language.I certainly couldnt ask my wife for help.I had to struggle with the language barriers in searching/locating the omw in a foreign country.If I could contact omw in person,I would....I am even considering flying there but i dont have their address nor workplace....
Its always easy to dispense advice than to take them.

M
M
Its always easy to dispense advice than to take them.

And it's always easier to ignore advice than it is to take it, isn't it? People here want to help you but we can't do the foot work for you. You have to do the work and you have to try other ways if your first way doesn't work. It's real important that you figure out how to get ahold of the OMW. Even if you have to hire a PI to do it, you can't just stop trying. Keep trying and don't stop until you expose the affair. This is critical to your success.

And do yourself a favor, if people here take the time out of their lives to post to you, have the courtesy of responding to their posts. Otherwise, they get the impression, as I did, that you are ignoring them.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
R
It is easier to dispense advice than to take it

Here's the thing- on here? People are telling you to do things that they have already had to do.

So, yeah - we walk the talk we give you. Join us, won't you?

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
B
B
EP, I am trying to understand what makes your situation "unique?" When I read your original post, in most respects, I was reading my own situation except that I was the BW and my now ex- husband, the WH. Same story otherwise....met back up after many years due to reunion website; he lived/lives in the US, she lives in their home country; he/she traveled back and forth to see each other; they maintained their relationship via online means (FB didn't exist at that time), etc., etc.

Nothing makes your situation "unique" from any other. The basis principles everyone is suggesting apply exactly the same to your situation as they do to any other.

X
OP Offline
X
I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.I will forever be grateful for your help and support no matter what the outcome is.
Believe me,even with all this frustration I am trying hard to locate the omw.I know exposing to her is vital to saving my marriage.Altho the desire to save is diminishing day by day.I am really tired.....just wanna forget everything and let them be....

B
B
I've spent countless hours searching for any shred of info about the omw.Her fb doesnt show her friends or email contact.The only thing that came up on google,yahoo was a business she owned years ago that no longer exists.intelius.com is just for the US,no use for me.I tried statusbin and other search sites but to no avail.I did manage to find some people ,which I believe to be friends of OMW on fb.
My options:1.continue to wait for omw acceptance of my friend request.2.just send the expo letter via private message to omw despite the possibility of interception by om.3.make up a fake fb acct to contact whom i believe to be omw's friend.but what should the message be to avoid suspicion?friends of om and omw all think om is the perfect loving husband.I fear contacting the wrong person ,giving the om the chance to prepare for the expo attack.4.last resort which i dont really want to use,hire a PI to gather evidence to prosecute the om .the cons of this option is the omw may use the evidence to prosecute my wife as well.PI fee is costly and the their practice is questionable with ethic issues .Some are just plain con artists.

Can you afford the PI? If so I would try that. I would also send requests to the friends of OM and OMW to jump start there.

Have you tried this tactic? Backdoor to seeing info on Facebook

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

X
OP Offline
X
Brain,I have tried this tactic...I set up faux acct ,be friended a bunch of OM's friends,hoping to get info abt the OMW.I am waiting for OMWs acceptance of my friend request.I didnt want to expo to OM's friends b4 I first expo to OMW .I am praying that she logs on and accepts my request.

Should my expo letters include info such as my wife having multiple affairs in the past?

B
B
Brain,I have tried this tactic...I set up faux acct ,be friended a bunch of OM's friends,hoping to get info abt the OMW.I am waiting for OMWs acceptance of my friend request.I didnt want to expo to OM's friends b4 I first expo to OMW .I am praying that she logs on and accepts my request.

Should my expo letters include info such as my wife having multiple affairs in the past?

I would use the exposure format from here Facebook exposure letters

xtremepain,
I was in your same boat with one of the BW because her facebook was locked down tight. I made a faux facebook account and friended her WH and sent a bunch of requests to friends and family of her and her WH and one finally responded to me with email info for her the BW. I knew the WH was having an affair and I wanted to let his BW know.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

X
OP Offline
X
How did you manage to get one of them to respond back with the email info?

I wanted to let the OM know my wife has cheated before....would that seem like I am bad mouthing and being vindictive?

B
B
How did you manage to get one of them to respond back with the email info?

I wanted to let the OM know my wife has cheated before....would that seem like I am bad mouthing and being vindictive?

I sent them a message saying I had "information about BW's marriage that I feel she needs to know". I took the chance that they would run and forwarn the WH but they didn't. Someone responded and gave me the email and I emailed the BW and she was very thankful for the information. Then she told her WH and all h*ll broke loose. I even gave her a link to the MB website and told her names of the OW and everything. Apparently she was aware and didn't want to do anything about it.

I would wait on informing the OM about your WW's other affairs, he probably knows and doesn't care or won't care anyway because he has probably done the same thing.

I would just focus on exposing to OM's BW and your WW's family and friends, and your family and close friends.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
M

xtremepain, expose the affair to the OM's friends and family and ask them to contact the OMW to call you. That is one way you can expose to her.

In your letters to your own side, you can tell them about her previous affairs but focus mainly on her current affair.

Exposure 101

M
M
extreme, go read the sample letters in my signature. http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2566583#Post2566583 When you email the OM's friends and family, send something like this:

FB exposure letters to OP's contacts

Should be done to the OP�s facebook friends via private message. This is a very, very effective exposure because it is a collection of the OP�s closest friends and family. SPACE THE PM�S OUT 60 SECONDS APART SO FB DOES NOT SHUT YOU DOWN FOR FLOODING. Before you begin, copy and paste all the contacts into a WORD doc. Change your fb picture to a picture of you and your spouse and children.

Dear friend of JoeScumbag:

It grieves me to write this letter but I believe all of his friends should know the kind of person he really is. Joe is having an affair with my wife, Sally, that started last September. I believe that his family and friends should know this, so you can protect your marriage from him. My wife and I have 2 small daughters and this affair has almost wrecked our marriage.

I would be happy to provide the evidence to anyone who asks.

I would appreciate it if someone would notify his wife and parents and ask them to call me at xxx-www-xxxx.

Thank you, BH

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

xtremepain, expose the affair to the OM's friends and family and ask them to contact the OMW to call you. That is one way you can expose to her.

In your letters to your own side, you can tell them about her previous affairs but focus mainly on her current affair.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks Melodylane.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation