Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
OP Offline
R
I'm cursing myself.

I took the alcohol test and am a problem drinker.

Every stupid thing I've ever done was under the influence.

I am miserable with this truth.

Restarting
me: FWS/BS, 46 ~ 8w7
him: FBS/WS, 45 ~ 2w3(probably)
M-24y 0329, DDay: Sep 8 2004-2:10p
Last C: 3/25/04 - (that I know of....)UPDATED: 6/4/05 - saw her at jail when she got out, & she called again --- H was asked to leave
6/25/05 - H moves back and recovery begins
3/06 - DD2 - I confess all to H; true recovery begins
P
P
OK

Now ..... What?
We want you to be healthy & strong.
How long since your last drink?

G
G
Restarting,

I am miserable with this truth.

That's the first step to improvement, now join AA if you can't control it yourself.

I can tell you that almost nobody here was nasty with you just for the sake of nastiness, those folks don't last here, please appreciate that you are getting $100 an hour help for free. I can't express to you how much I've been helped.

God Bless
Gamma

C
C
Am I reading that right, you had a 17 year affair, from 1987 through 2004?

I have been reading your posts because my H is in the retail car business in your area...judging by your timeline, you never had an affair with him. smile Some of these places, I agree, are ridiculous marriage-killing businesses if the people in them absorb the company morality. Are you still in the business?

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
R
OP Offline
R
No. I tried asking Justuss2 to remove that post, via email. I can't correct it with edit. I got virtually all the dates wrong. But the number of OM is correct, as are the number of times.

What makes my past so shameful, is I really didn't care for them, ergo, the prostitute comment.

Restarting
Last C: 3/25/04 - (that I know of....)UPDATED: 6/4/05 - saw her at jail when she got out, & she called again --- H was asked to leave
R
OP Offline
R
@CWMI. Tampa Bay area.

Also, vis a vis my elevated status in the Co, I got to attend tons of events (sports boxes, galas, etc) where loads of businessmen from multiple industries attended with women other than wives.

Last edited by Restarting; 03/28/12 10:46 AM.

Restarting
N
N
Sounds like you need a new line of work.

Maybe you would have been viewed differently if you had acted differently from the beginning, but where things are now it will be hard for you to heal from both the alcohol and the adultery if, everywhere you go, you bump into people who still see you the way you were.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
R
OP Offline
R
Neak,

Being the victim of betrayal was devastating. It changed my perspective completely. It is not a pain I would ever, ever deliver to anyone ever again.

I changed my whole life, am now returned to school for a different career, and have moved across the country twice in the past 4 years to "restart". I have absolutely no desire to ever return to FL, especially not Tampa.

I never wish to run into anyone who knew me as a POS. I don't need them to remind me and I have my own unbidden moments when I wallow in shame all by myself. I have a ton of regrets that visit even when there's nothing obvious to remind me.

Restarting
N
N
I'm glad that you aren't still in the same job and physical area as before. It makes it so much easier to do the work that needs to be done.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation