Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 104 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 103 104
S
S
Originally Posted by starfish75
Originally Posted by SusieQ
My psychologist is wanting me to lay down the dynamics of what is going on so he cannot BS her. Any advice on what to say to her?

Can't you just tell her over the phone?

Yes, I just called and left her a message.
What do you think I should say to her exactly?

I would keep it very simple and factual - WH has a history of cheating and lying to you about the cheating. He has trickle truthed you for the past six weeks and you have told him you need for him to become radically honest and pass a poly. Aside from failing the poly, it is very clear that he is still lying because his story doesn't make sense.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
My psychologist is wanting me to lay down the dynamics of what is going on so he cannot BS her. Any advice on what to say to her?

Can't you just tell her over the phone?

Yes, I just called and left her a message.
What do you think I should say to her exactly?

I would keep it very simple and factual - WH has a history of cheating and lying to you about the cheating. He has trickle truthed you for the past six weeks and you have told him you need for him to become radically honest and pass a poly. Aside from failing the poly, it is very clear that he is still lying because his story doesn't make sense.

And make it clear to the counselor that you are not waiting around for him to get counseling. If he wants his marriage he comes clean now.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
WH just called me and said his counselor was more than willing to meet me, but she wanted to talk to him alone....lol! She hasn't called me back yet either.

We had a family reunion planned for August for his side of the family out of town. He just sent me the following text:

Just letting u know you have a ticket to anywhere southwest flys if you need to get away for a week. �I can take care of the dogs if u decided to go. Just thought I'd let u know, because ticket is paid for

S
OP Offline
S
For those that did Plan B, what did you add in your addendum?

B
B
Hi Starfish,

I didn't do Plan B but Indiegirl, Scotland, Estrela are all great examples of Plan B done well.

RocketQueen is an example of someone who sent out the letter for Plan B but still continues to communicate in Plan B. Her lovebank is diminishing and it appears to have taken a great emotional toll on her.

I just want you to make sure when you push the Plan B button that you are all in and are ready with firm boundaries. I would think about the potential cracks in your plan so you can work up ideas how to plug them.

We are rooting for you!

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
S
OP Offline
S
Haven't been to church in a LONG TIME, but going tonight. Mutual friends of ours invited me to attend their service tonight. The man is BF's with WH. I look very cute tonight... smile

Maybe it will get back to him... wink

Last edited by starfish75; 03/28/12 05:06 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
I still need major help on my addendum, so if anybody has any ideas, please let me know. Thank you!!!

P
P
I still need major help on my addendum, so if anybody has any ideas, please let me know. Thank you!!!

Starfish. I see you have asked this a few times. Why not post your PBL and what you have so far on the addendum and start from there.

I have to ask...did WH BF best friend know what was going on behind your back? Is this person supporting your marriage?

Last edited by pokerface; 03/28/12 05:45 PM.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by pokerface

Starfish. I see you have asked this a few times. Why not post your PBL and what you have so far on the addendum and start from there.

I have to ask...did WH BF know what was going on behind your back? Is this person supporting your marriage?

I don't believe he had any idea.... I think he is in shock too!

S
S

Part of my addendum was originally this, which may work for you:
Finances: I expect you to continue supporting us as you were before you had your affair so that we can afford the mortgage and bills. If you decide you will not support us in this way, I will be forced to file for divorce in order to financially protect myself and the children.

A wise MB friend helped me to rework it to this to be less confrontational:
You have always provided wonderfully for our family. Without your continued financial support, our family will be destitute. I assume you will continue to deposit funds into our family account on a weekly basis as you always have, in order to maintain as much stability as possible in our children's lives.

I recognize how valuable your relationship with our children is for them, and so I will do my best to support and encourage your visitation with them. Please email your weekly work schedule and preferred visitation times to Christine every Sunday night so that we can arrange times for them to spend with you. When you arrive to pick them up, the children will be waiting for you and will come out to meet you at the end of the driveway. Please honor my request that you not come up to the house.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
My addendum was also about finances and visitations.

Can you post your PBL on here so we can help you edit it?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
WS,

I apologize to you for my part in creating an environment that helped to make your affairs possible. I am willing to avoid the mistakes I've made in the past and create a new life for the both of us that meet your needs.

But, I cannot do that until you are completely honest with me about your past. Until then, I will avoid seeing or talking to you. My friend (), has agreed to act as an intermediary and will forward any pertinent information about finances, the dogs or the house.

Your affairs and your continued dishonesty have caused me enormous suffering and I cannot stay in contact with you under theses conditions. This is not to punish you, it is to protect my feelings for you and our chances at reconciliation. If we continue as we are now, there will be nothing left.

I ask you to respect my decision to separate from you in this way. You must know about the suffering I have endured because of your dishonesty, and I simply cannot be with you any longer, knowing that you are not telling me the truth. I still love you, but I cannot see you under these conditions.

(Thjnking about adding the following paragraph to the addendum or should I leave it in the letter?):
As soon as you can be completely honest and pass a polygraph test, I will be willing to discuss our future together.

I want us to be able to rebuild our marriage someday. I want us to be able to meet each other's emotional needs and to avoid doing anything to hurt each other. We need to build a new lifestyle in which everything we do makes us both happy. Then, there will never again be a reason for us to separate.

More than anything, I want to make our marriage together stronger and closer than we ever thought possible. With all of my heart, I want to build a new marriage with you. One in which we both feel loved, safe, cherished and honored. I want to be your best friend, someone who is always there for you when you need me. And, I want you as my best friend.

I loved you when we married and I continue to love you right up to this day. I just cannot be with you or help you while you as long as you are being dishonest. I want to grow old with you. I loved you more than life itself while we were together. You were my soulmate.

When you find yourself willing to truly and fully commit to our marriage, willing to work on a plan for our recovery, I will be ready and willing to discuss our future.

With my love,
BW

*This is what I have so far... Might need a few adjustments, but I like it so far!

Last edited by starfish75; 03/28/12 08:54 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
Addendum.... not quite sure how to word this page!

1). Full confession
2). Pass polygraph
3). Sincere, remorseful apology
4). A detailed recovery plan???
5). Belongings (location)
6). Finances: he handled all of the bills before and makes over 2x's what I make, so not quite sure how to go about this.
7) Build healthy boundaries and know what they are
8) Complete transparency in everything you do
9). Answer all of my calls/texts ASAP!
10). No overnight trips (business or personal) without
your wife.
11). No hanging out at bars without your wife
12). Shared passwords for all financial/personal/email accounts

* should I add something about not seeing our dogs until he can commit to these things?

Last edited by starfish75; 03/28/12 08:55 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
Please tell me the order I should do everything in Plan B too!

Changing the licks, letter, personal belongings, etc.

S
OP Offline
S
He won't disclose anything about his counseling session, but said his counselor believes that she can help him. She told him that in order to do so, he needs to be honest and open with her 100% and to keep their meetings confidential for the time being. She did say that I could call her, which I'm planning on doing tomorrow. I asked him what she thought she could help him with and he said that the goal was lying and dishonesty.

Last edited by starfish75; 03/28/12 08:49 PM.
R
R
I would do a couple changes. One which is a bit disrespectful in wording and the other which uses the word 'soulmates' which really is a romantic fallacy and vague (though seemingly powerful)

WS,

I loved you when we married and I continue to love you right up to this day. I just cannot be with you or help you while you as long as you are being dishonest. not completely honest. I want to grow old with you. I loved you more than life itself while we were together. You were my soulmate.You are the man I want to spend my life with.

When you find yourself willing to truly and fully commit to our marriage, willing to work on a plan for our recovery, I will be ready and willing to discuss our future.

With my love,
BW

S
OP Offline
S
So how does everything sound above?

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you!

M
M
Addendum.... not quite sure how to word this page!

1). Full confession
2). Pass polygraph
3). Sincere, remorseful apology
4). A detailed recovery plan???
5). Belongings (location)
6). Finances: he handled all of the bills before and makes over 2x's what I make, so not quite sure how to go about this.
7) Build healthy boundaries and know what they are
8) Complete transparency in everything you do
9). Answer all of my calls/texts ASAP!
10). No overnight trips (business or personal) without
your wife.
11). No hanging out at bars without your wife
12). Shared passwords for all financial/personal/email accounts

* should I add something about not seeing our dogs until he can commit to these things?

starfish, leave that part out for now. This is what can be discussed if he agrees to meet your conditions in your letter. Hold this for later.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Please tell me the order I should do everything in Plan B too!

Changing the licks, letter, personal belongings, etc.

starfish, you can figure this out, but you might want to change the locks first and then send him the letter. You set it up so you don't have any discussion about the letter so that might mean you mail him the letter or leave it on his porch.

You might also pack up his belongings, place them in the garage and have your IM tell him he can retrieve them.

Exposure 101

Page 42 of 104 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation