Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 56 of 104 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 103 104
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by unwritten
I will also say SF that we had almost a decade of him being deceptive and me just letting the lies and instability change who I was, from a strong spunky woman to a very insecure woman. Then, I hit a brick wall where I just couldn't do it anymore, and doodoo hit the fan so to speak. I began to challenge him and demand the truth. That went on for a year plus during which I got trickle truths, until D-Day. My point here is that during those years where I let him lie and just buried my head in the sand and had a pity party for me, he NEVER would have told me the truth. He had no reason to. Unfortunately, our pain is not a reason to, as much as we wish it was. It wasn't until I challenged him and demanded it, and was serious, that he told the truth. It took me a LONG time to get there, which is why you are amazing because you have done all this in such a short period of time. You are on the right road, if you ever do get the truth it will only happen by you being strong and demanding it as a condition to marriage, there is no other way.

Wow!!! I can't imagine the pain you felt during that time and I'm sure it was equally as hard, but a relief when he finally spilled the beans! What did your H admit to?

U
U
Over the course of that year he admitted to a handful of situations (lap dance, giving a girl a backrub at a party, etc.) and EA's, one of which included things like phone sex and photos. The only thing he left until D-Day was a ONS he had very early in our marriage, during a very difficult and volatile time for me. It was the ONS that he figured I would leave him for, as I always told him I would leave a man who cheated and 'cheating' to him (and most people) meant PA. One of the things about this forum is seeing what challenges other people have to overcome, that make mine seem simple. NOTE: He still has not had a poly, so D-Day truths have never been confirmed. The reality is there could be more.

Relief, yes. In the movies people burn clothes or beat each other up, or run out sobbing hysterically. I suppose some people do that! He was crying and I put my arm around him to comfort him, and thanked him for being honest. And I did feel relief, I felt like all this time I questioned my instinct and I was right all along, there was deception present during the entire course of our marriage and I wasn't really off my rocker after all.

S
OP Offline
S
Over the course of that year he admitted to a handful of situations (lap dance, giving a girl a backrub at a party, etc.) and EA's, one of which included things like phone sex and photos. The only thing he left until D-Day was a ONS he had very early in our marriage, during a very difficult and volatile time for me. It was the ONS that he figured I would leave him for, as I always told him I would leave a man who cheated and 'cheating' to him (and most people) meant PA. One of the things about this forum is seeing what challenges other people have to overcome, that make mine seem simple. NOTE: He still has not had a poly, so D-Day truths have never been confirmed. The reality is there could be more.

Relief, yes. In the movies people burn clothes or beat each other up, or run out sobbing hysterically. I suppose some people do that! He was crying and I put my arm around him to comfort him, and thanked him for being honest. And I did feel relief, I felt like all this time I questioned my instinct and I was right all along, there was deception present during the entire course of our marriage and I wasn't really off my rocker after all.

It's amazing how when we truly listen to our gut instinct, it is usually correct. It might be healing for you to share your story too... Do you think your husband will take a poly?

U
U
Always trust your gut! My husband has been asking to take a poly since D-Day. This is where my non healed, resentful, bitter, love busting taker is about to rear its ugly head. After he confessed the ONS my gut instinct told me, that was it, you know it all. Gut instinct and just reading his actions/reactions to things, he is just a different man now. But I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of being BELIEVED and TRUSTED. I continued to tell him I didn't trust that he had told me all, at which he was/is very frustrated because he finally did tell it all and now I still don't believe him! My taker said, he lied for over a DECADE and finally after all that comes clean, and expects to just have you say OK, I believe you? That just doesn't seem fair, even though I did. My vengeful side wanted him to pay the consequence of being the boy who cried wolf, when after 99 lies the 100th time he told the truth and nobody believed him! I guess I was just so angry and resentful and hurt I wanted him to pay that consequence for awhile. It has just been recently I admitted all this to him and told him I am ready for him to do the poly to 'prove himself' and he is planning to set that up soon. Don't follow my lead on that big love busting poly method folks.

U
U
Yes I should share my story! It is not one of quick action, strength and admiration like yours unfortunately, not one to be a MB role model.

I
I
Unwritten - start a thread hon, what's keeping you! smile

And I know your WH is beyond that, he actually took and failed the poly, so he seems even more determined to hold out.

Unwritten, (clearly a graduate from the wayward school of hard knocks) is right about Sfishes' WH's incredible stubborness and arrogance when it comes to the lies.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I have thought about this and I think the reason he is such a practiced liar is because he was able to lie to his mother and get away with it. Some people just do not have a good bullsh** detector.

I couldnt agree more with this, and I think he has grown up in an atmosphere where he has been encouraged to take the easy way out through lies - and also supported in the mistaken belief he is a super smooth liar.

He thought he was so good he could fake a poly!!! When in truth a child could see through his tales. Last week he was moving into a bachelor pad to live free'n'easy unless Starfish dropped her poly request. Bluff called. This week he's outraged he doesnt have access to 'his home' (has he forgotten his lie about the bachelor pad or what?) and is going to somehow talk a locksmith into helping him bully his wife. Bluff called again.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
Originally Posted by starfish75
I'm just praying with everything that I have that Plan B will work for the both of us... Me: for my sanity/peace, Him: to hit rock bottom and come clean.

Even though I dont think all too much about my WH any more I must say I agree with this sentiment. Even if mine doesnt come around until after it is too late for me, I hope he does someday. I dont wish him harm, and hope he lives a good life at some point. You and I are doing our best for our WHs, Starfish, as we promised to do in our vows - by letting them hit rock bottom. But the priority is US.

I
I
MIL just sent me a new text:

If u need a break, u could fly up here. We could just shop, eat out & only talk if u wanted 2. The springtime is lovely.

YIKES. Not sure how you feel about that, but she's already been quite the negative influence on your Plan B. Best case scenario she's a tad foolish and will nag you to be foolish too. Worst case she just doesn't care about your feeling, only her son's. I'm not saying she wont come around and respect your boundaries, but maybe not tackle this while thing are so raw. For the next few weeks at least you want only rock solid people around you.

I'd tell her you want some time by yourself right now but maybe a bit further on.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by indiegirl
I'm just praying with everything that I have that Plan B will work for the both of us... Me: for my sanity/peace, Him: to hit rock bottom and come clean.

Even though I dont think all too much about my WH any more I must say I agree with this sentiment. Even if mine doesnt come around until after it is too late for me, I hope he does someday. I dont wish him harm, and hope he lives a good life at some point. You and I are doing our best for our WHs, Starfish, as we promised to do in our vows - by letting them hit rock bottom. But the priority is US.

This is really hard! I spoke with another attorney today and she said that he could call a locksmith out while I'm at work, etc. and change the locks on me. She said to mark a separation date in my calendar, because this will be very important if we do D. She said its very important that I protect assets right now. WH took his 4-wheeler, but then gave me back mine, without the key or the title. He said it was in his name, even though it was a gift to me. He took more tools out of our shed and other expensive things in the garage. He is freaking right now... He already knows that I don't give a $hit about possessions, my only concern is my marriage.

The attorney also mentioned that it sounded as though he could be a pathological liar and sex addict. She said the only way I could keep him out would be to file an injunction if I had a fear for my safety or file for divorce and take possession of the house. I cannot afford all of the bills on my own and he knows that. I hope he continues to support with the bills as I stated in my letter.

Last edited by starfish75; 04/03/12 01:01 PM.
M
M
starfish, if you file for anything, it will not remove his legal obligation to support you. He would still be responsible for your support.

Your emotional safety is in danger, and he must be kept out of the house, one way or the other. You cannot endure this kind of continued treatment.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
I
I
WH took his 4-wheeler, but then gave me back mine, without the key or the title. He said it was in his name, even though it was a gift to me. .

This is winning you back? Lucky you were the Plan Aer and not him.

This is really hard! I spoke with another attorney today and she said that he could call a locksmith out while I'm at work, etc. and change the locks on me.

Legally, yes its his house. But practically - how? He wouldnt even be able to open the door for the locksmith to work on it because he wouldnt have the key.

Even if he did, you'd get your friends/family to go in and order him out. Try enjoy home comforts with that going on. Plus he has to go to work too. you would just change the locks all back and then put deadbolts on all the doors and windows as well to prevent him breaking in. Actually do this now if it makes you feel better. Install some home security he knows nothing about.

But really, I wouldnt worry. It's all a bunch of big talk. He is not remotely interested in breaking in while you are not there. Why? He's after YOU not the house. The house is just leverage to scare you into letting him in. He thinks he's a big shot liar and if he just manages to get some face time with you, he can talk you around. If he has to throw a tantrum about it being 'his house' to get time with you, he will.

What does he want? To come in and be comfortable? How while you dont want him there? Nope - he has no desire to break in to anything but your heart.

The attorney also mentioned that it sounded as though he could be a pathological liar and sex addict. She said the only way I could keep him out would be to file an injunction if I had a fear for my safety or file for divorce and take possession of the house. I cannot afford all of the bills on my own and he knows that. I hope he continues to support with the bills as I stated in my letter.

You need to secure your finances properly. Waywards are not to be trusted. Ask the lawyer whether you need to D or will a separation agreement do. Lots of people who dont want a D file for one in Plan B for legal or financial protection. If they recover they remarry or halt the D.

S
OP Offline
S
I just don't know what to do. I do want my marriage to work and I'm afraid of filing for divorce, because he will think its over for sure and maybe it is...

I'm losing my faith here rather quickly...
I think he is taking advice from a lot of people to protect himself and I don't know what to do.

S
OP Offline
S
I know that I'm in Plan B, but a part of me wants to call him and tell him to spill the beans or I'm filing for divorce!!!!!!

M
M
I know that I'm in Plan B, but a part of me wants to call him and tell him to spill the beans or I'm filing for divorce!!!!!!

Yes, that's your emotions talking. But threats don't ever really achieve their objective.

Plan B allows you to sit tight from a position where you can go either way. Plan B may require filing divorce to implement the separation; that does not mean that Plan B is necessarily a divorce. And on the other hand, people who are divorcing may very likely need Plan B anyway for their emotional health.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
U
U
SF, I'm not sure what the legalities are, but I know you don't want a divorce and are not ready for a divorce so I'm not sure why YOU would file for divorce as has been suggested to you. In your letter you made it clear to him that you do NOT want a divorce, you only want the truth.

If I can be so bold, because this is what goes on in my head when I step into your shoes which is OH so easy for me...you are doing things in the hope that HE will react in the manner you want him to. Tell the truth. Use MB to rebuild. Live happily ever after. Every step you've taken has been with the idea in the back of your head that THIS would be the thing to catapult him to tell the truth and you both to start recovery. And it hasn't. You entered Plan B in a whirlwind as the last ditch effort to get the appropriate response out of him. Nope, still the most INappropriate response (took your ATV??? low). You need to stop thinking about him, what he thinks, what he thinks YOU think, what his plans are, what he thinks YOUR plans are... you just have to close it all out and start doing whats best for you. All this lawyer calling and lock changing is crazy and scary, it will pass and the dust will settle I imagine rather quickly. That is when your real work starts and his reckoning starts. If I understand PB correctly, you have to focus on the real reason for PB which is PERSONAL RECOVERY.

U
U
And I'm sorry you are going through all this! I really am. It sucks.

Step back, check out of this for a day or two, love up your dog. Loving up the dog always makes me feel better.

M
M

Just kick back and ignore his drama. Dont' do anything or respond to anything until or unless there is a court order for you to let him in. He can't get in if he doesn't have a key. If he persists, have the attorney for file for divorce with possession of the house. Dont' let divorce scare you one bit, starfish! It is just a legal formality to protect you legally. Lots of folks file for divorce and then drop it when the WS meets the conditions of Plan B. And if your WH does not meet your conditions, then you are in a much better position to get divorced.

CALM DOWN. And don't listen to any more of the drama.

Worse case scenario, you might have to move out with your pets into your mothers. Hopefully, your H is not so much of a jerk that he would put you in that position.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
SF, I'm not sure what the legalities are, but I know you don't want a divorce and are not ready for a divorce so I'm not sure why YOU would file for divorce as has been suggested to you. In your letter you made it clear to him that you do NOT want a divorce, you only want the truth.

The reason she would file is to protect herself legally, thats why. She may need legal protection. She can't go wrong if she files for divorce. If he complies with her PBL, she can drop it and if he doesn't, she will still have legal protection in place and will end up divorced if he doesn't comply.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
I

This is pretty much just proof you're human! But we plan Bers must be angels.

I still knda wish I'd dumped all WH's stuff on OW's lawn. Just a little!

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you guys! Everybody that knows me, knows that I do not want a divorce. This is soooooo hard!!!!! I'm going to try and take care of myself, as the tears are finally starting to fall from my eyes. Letting go is so hard..... I hate him for putting me and us through this, but I still love him too!

Page 56 of 104 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation