Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
K
Good heavens.

What is the matter with these women? Your g/f has been gone what, not even a week? And they're already at it?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
K
K
No kidding!!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
She's been gone a month.

I know exactly what game the coworker is up to. It's her culture.

If she can bag herself the higher ranking American man in the company, it gets her to the top of the heirarchy among her peers.

GF is back for a week to get her son and some more of her things for the summer. She is sending her son to go live with his father as she said it's unfair to me to support him as he won't get a job and has dropped out of school when she left.

She says she is coming back after all this is over, however I have discovered I like the solitude and my bird gets to wander about the new house as she pleases.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
P
P
Hi Pariah, my friend.
You are doing great.
Roxy is your alter-ego, I think.
You both like to fly freely and rip things up & cause trouble stickout

hug

B
B
Let's hope Roxy's wings are clipped so that even while free-flying, she can't get too far afield and become prey outside the house.

Sorry your GF's mother is so sick, Pariah.

Belle, Domestic Goddess
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
PEP! You are better! GREAT TO SEE YOU!!!!! I've been following your progress on FB.

Her mother told her that I am a one of a kind man and has endured more than any man should ever have to.

Yeah Roxy is clipped and I never allow her outside flighted. Raptors here are plenty and opportunistic. Remember I work with hawks and owls at the center for birds of prey.

GF said she's coming back after this is over. She wants to make me happy, but I don't know what happy is. I was so badly abused that I don't know how to trust. I'm comfortable with GF because we knew each other 20 years ago and have always been friends. Two ships that were passing in the night. Is that good enough?

What if I like my solitude? GF can't support herself with her disability.

G
G
Hi, Pariah. I just saw this...

My heart felt prayers for your GF's mother. My dad was diagnosed in the beginning of hte year with Stage 4 lung.

Don't try to look too far in the future. Events can change the choices available a hundred times before the decision is necessary.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
GG, how are you doing? Are you happy? You deserve so much to be happy.

P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I have regressed to eating bagged croutons for dinner.

Tabs is coming home tomorrow. I shall eat like royalty.

Her mom told her she can handle it from here on out and to go home and live her life.

P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Tabs will be returning to her mom's next month.

I will be back to eating croutons and beer again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation