Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 62 of 104 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 103 104
V
V
Originally Posted by karmasrose
That is actually a good sign, that you still feel for him. Plan B protects that love, by staying dark. Just remember that--

Should he come out of the fog, your LB will be intact.
I agree, it's a very good sign.

Star, ask yourself this question:

How much of my LB would be still be there weeks/months down the road if I allowed this to continue with his lies and deceit?

Well, there would be little, if any, left at all. We all know that, and I do believe that you do as well. If you didn't, you wouldn't have taken the advice offered here on this board.

Okay, you wanna cry? Then please do!!! Let it out! There's no shame in that and certainly not an indication of a person that's weak. You have shown us all a strength to be admired. You should be proud of that. God knows I'm proud of you!

Go beat up a pillow. Go kick something semi-soft. Go break something (I wouldn't recommend going all-out Godfather on this one but that's your choice).

Here you go, put one of his old shirts on an old teddy bear and beat the hell out of it!

I have NO idea how to help you here with this part of it. This is better left to the ladies. But, honey, if you feel like crying, then cry.

There will never come a time when crying over being betrayed is shameful or weak. It's human nature.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you for all the ideas and support!!! I honestly didnt know I possessed so much strength... I know I have so many of you to think for it though....

V
V
Originally Posted by starfish75
I honestly didnt know I possessed so much strength... I know I have so many of you to think for it though....
You had it right on the first part of this sentence, but oh so wrong on the second part.

No one here has provided you with any strength whatsoever. We can't do that. All we can do, as a group, is lead you to a path to follow. It's entirely up to you and YOUR strength to follow that path.

And you have done that admirably. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily, and will continue to be.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

S
S
Star, I am in Plan B still. I have a timeline for when I would be financially able to file for a D, but I haven't stated it on this forum, in case I want to start Plan D sooner. Thing is, as long as my WH continues his affair with OW, I will have No Contact with him. That could be until death(Sound familiar, Hehehe?).

Really, all you need to concern yourself with this moment(because in the beginning, it is just as far ahead as you can look), is No Contact in any way, and taking care of yourself.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you for your prayers.... I really need them right now!!! I appreciate all of the care you all have shown me!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Scotland
Star, I am in Plan B still. I have a timeline for when I would be financially able to file for a D, but I haven't stated it on this forum, in case I want to start Plan D sooner. Thing is, as long as my WH continues his affair with OW, I will have No Contact with him. That could be until death(Sound familiar, Hehehe?).

Really, all you need to concern yourself with this moment(because in the beginning, it is just as far ahead as you can look), is No Contact in any way, and taking care of yourself.

Thank you!!!! smile

S
OP Offline
S
Deep-cleaning the house today. Took down all of our pictures and going to clean my closet and use his too, now that it's empty.

I
I
Awesome. I found it quite upsetting to do that, but you do start feeling better after.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
OP Offline
S
Indie: He is expecting me to pay 1/2 of all the bills, yet he makes twice as much as I do and right now (because I'm on leave) I'm only making 50% of what I normally make. I believe he also sold our boat. There was money that was invested in it from the boat he had before we started dating, but I believe the rest of the money came out of our joint account. Not sure what to do about this... Any ideas?

I
I
All waywards take it beyond a joke when it comes to money, Im not sure why but they do seem to all follow the same script. That's why Dr Harley says to waste no time in getting legal advice.

Can you get good legal advice on what to do?

I
I
I believe he also sold our boat.

How would you know that?

As for 'whose money bought the boat' - you're married, so the boat is half yours regardless.

I
I
In my situation, I pay all the house bills, because I am using the house utilities etc and he is not and we both pay half the mortgage.

I can afford to do this and my lawyer says that as we earn the same, I have no claim on him for spousal support.

You should find out what your options are legally.

Can you afford to hold the fort for now?

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by indiegirl
I believe he also sold our boat.

How would you know that?

As for 'whose money bought the boat' - you're married, so the boat is half yours regardless.

Because he told me last Sunday that it would be selling this week.

I
I
He may have or it may have fallen through. Its likely to be an asset that your lawyers will have to divvy up.

He is unlikely to volunteer it because he's hoping you will come looking for him to ask!

You could of course make an IM request that he meet a greater share of the bills etc. But I would get a lawyer lined up to ask what you should do if he lets you down.

I
I

Starfish I said in my email to you that I'd post more here for tips.

Starfish is a bit worried re her finances as there is no such thing as legal separation in Florida.

She is unsure whether to see what her options are re filing for divorce, or whether she should try for an informal arrangement with him.

Can amyone chime in?

R
R
She can ask an attorney about how to get support in her state.

I think, most states, even those without official legal separations have options other than filing for a divorce.

The attorneys know what to file for.

He probably isn't a good candidate for an informal arrangement. If they have assets.....he has shown that he is willing to go to great lengths to keep info to himself.

S
OP Offline
S
Our dogs just thought they heard WH's truck and got so excited.... Then, they realized it wasn't him... frown. Poor babies... They feel the pain and anxiety too.

S
S
There is no such thing as LS in Canada either, what we do have is Separation Agreements. These can be drawn up by the 2 parties involved(if they agree) or they go to court. Maybe there is something like that in FL?

In the beginning of Plan B "I" thought I heard my WH's vehicle, many many times. I understand your poor puppies' angst.

You definitely need to get legal advice. I know that many states have spousal support(alimony) even when there are no children in the marriage.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
OP Offline
S
Venting here... Plan B sucks!!!! I miss my husband and I miss my life! Why oh why can't he just come clean??? This is really pissing me off!!! Ok, vent over for now... going to take a nap!

S
S
Venting here... Plan B sucks!!!! I miss my husband and I miss my life! Why oh why can't he just come clean??? This is really pissing me off!!! Ok, vent over for now... going to take a nap!

Vent away darling. Sweet dreams. May they be WH free.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 62 of 104 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation