Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 72 1 2 3 4 71 72
H
H
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
I would much rather he speak to the coaching center but the cost is a small concern as well as phone counseling. I will urge him to give it a try.

DO NOT URGE!
It is part of your requirements!

Specifically - the last one..... ! (-Anything else that I decide to be a boundary)

Either you have the control in recovery decisions, such as counseling and your requirements being met, or move to plan B.

Last edited by HerPapaBear; 04/06/12 02:51 PM. Reason: added the exact requirement

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
E
OP Offline
E
HerPapaBear- thank you, I truly do believe that the MB coaching is exactly what we both need and will speak to him about it.

Markos- yes, there is much to be done and I will not stay in limbo waiting for it. Me and my family deserve more than crumbs.

Sugarcane- I totally agree. I will keep the boundary of our (mine and the children's) home intact and the admission prive VERY HIGH!!

M
M

Last edited by markos; 04/06/12 02:54 PM. Reason: Never mind, SugarCane and HerPapaBear said it much better than me

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
N
N
Originally Posted by SugarCane
There are several things like that that HE MUST DO before you go back to him, and it is up to him to prove to you that they have been done.

And that's what seems to be missing here. Unless he's ringing your phone off the hook begging to be given another chance and you just didn't mention it?

Why hasn't he taken the STD test?

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

E
OP Offline
E
LOL, you both said the same thing about urging. I will tell him that it is non-negotiable.
If the requirements are not met within a certain time period, then I will head right to plan D.

S
S
and he has been given my list of requirements in order for our marriage to move forward. But I feel we are stuck.

I believe this information has already been given to you but I will try again.

It was a mistake to come out of Plan B when your WS did not agree to the requirements you had given him. I highly recommend you call Dr Harley on the radio show and/or call the coaching center to take the next step. You are basically in Plan C which is most likely to lead to D.

In many cases, once an affair has ended, a betrayed spouse makes the mistake of taking the wayward spouse back before an agreement is made regarding marital recovery. This leads to a return to all the conditions that made the affair possible -- love is not restored, resentment is not overcome, and there is a very great risk for another affair. Without agreement and subsequent implementation of a plan for recovery, the betrayed spouse is better off continuing with plan B.

What Are Plan A & Plan B

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
And that's what seems to be missing here. Unless he's ringing your phone off the hook begging to be given another chance and you just didn't mention it?

He did beg me for a chance and that is what I am giving him, a chance to prove he is serious.

Good question about the STD test, I got mine done last week and I wasn't the one who messed around with a skank

Last edited by Rocketqueen; 04/06/12 03:00 PM.
E
OP Offline
E
Thank you, Susie. I am sending the coaching center an e-mail right now for an appointment.

What is Plan C?

S
S
Originally Posted by Northwood8900

Good question about the STD test
Yes, but what is the answer?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
E
OP Offline
E
SC- he is a big baby and is afraid of needles. Seriously

N
N
SC- he is a big baby and is afraid of needles. Seriously

Did he really say that?

I mean, seriously?

Me (BH)
FWW

N
N
Insist on the test and see if he gets mad or indignant in response.

Last edited by Northwood8900; 04/06/12 03:10 PM.

Me (BH)
FWW

E
OP Offline
E
I will insist on the test.
I will insist on the coaching center.
Thank you for the advice!!

S
S

I would call Dr Harley as well. The radio show is a wonderful resource that frankly I don't understand why more people don't take more advantage of.

What is Plan C?

You are not in Plan A or B and also not in Recovery = Plan C.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
paraphrased quotes from 5/4/2010 radio show:

"What is Plan C?

It is a compromise. I never recommend Plan C. Plan A is you do the best to win your spouse back.

Plan B is you have absolutely nothing to do with the spouse.

Those 2 are the best strategies in an affair. They give you the best shot at saving the marriage.

Plan C, which I don't ever recommend is a compromise is an inbetween state where you are in contact but the contact is not solving the problem.

Plan C makes it more likely you will end up divorced. Some contact but not quality contact. This is a BAD PLAN. It is better to have no contact."

From this thread: BS's Plan C is NOT a plan!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
I will insist on the test.

The problem with giving requirements and not following through is that your WS now knows that he can get you to back down.

Don't bother stating that as a boundary unless you are willing to follow through.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
E
OP Offline
E
Susie, thank you for that and the link. I will follow through on the test requirement.

L
L
RQ - my H and i are using the coaching center (going on 6 years post dday). it is the best money we have ever spent. no wishy-washy psychobable, but a solid, achieveable plan that allows the BS (and the m) to truly heal. 6 appts. the money we spent on a MC after dday was money down the toilet, and that was 6 MONTHS, not 6 appts.

i don't see the hold up here. he takes an afternoon off work, you both go to the dr together, where he gets to explain he's there because he's been a dumb**. he then gets to have a (small) pole shoved up his hoohah. (now if that's not JC, i don't know what is, lol). who gives a crap if he's scared of needles? tough patootie for him (but for heaven's sake, don't tell him to man up. let your dr do it!). then you both attend the phone appt with SH, which i hope you have already made. he will be sent his own email with instructions, and he if doesn't do what he's supposed to for the appt, SH will make no bones about it.

if he does those things, your initial list will be complete, yes? you can allow him into the home based on that good faith, and start healing your marriage.

some of your other items will take more time, and come as the recovery is in process. he's got to come out of the fog, and you guys need to bond again. this is hardest on you, i'm sorry for that, but that's the reality of marital recovery. SH will help you through this.

of course, there's always the chance that he won't do these 2 things, yes. we BSs have no control over that. it's one of the hardest things to handle, or at least it was for me. but no matter where it gets you in the end, you'll have made some kind of progress and won't feel so "stuck."

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
E
OP Offline
E
Letty, thank you so much for your informative post. Everything you said makes sense and sounds so simple. I realize now that recovery takes time, but there has been no reason for him to drag his feet on the STD test and the phone counseling. Unless he doesn't really mean he "will do whatever it takes". As you said, I can't control what he does. I can only control my reaction to it.
I appreciate your words!

~RQ

M
M
I think I'm going to keep score on how many false recoveries are preceded by the wayward not wanting to do the STD test.

I mean come on, the needle is more important then the marriage? What a bunch of bull.

Me BW (37)
WH (37)
DD1 6 yrs DD2 2 yr

A man who abandons his wife and children because of his infidelity is no price. I can do better then that, I deserve better then that.

The difficulties and struggles of today are but the price we must pay for the accomplishments and victories of tomorrow

Men must be honest with themselves before they can be honest with others. A man who is not honest with himself presents a hopeless case
E
OP Offline
E
Well, due to my WH having an issue with our court dates (did he really think I would just drop them??) and believing that this will cause our marriage to over, I am cutting off contact with him, again.
His sense of entitlement and "poor me" attitude is jaw-dropping. He doesn't realize that I am the one giving him a chance, not the other way around. I am the one in the driver's seat. If this will cause us to be "done", then so be it...

Page 2 of 72 1 2 3 4 71 72

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation