Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
OP Offline
N
Well, if July is named after Julius Caesar, it would appear that the internet is endangered in his month this year.

An article here details the risks to internet-attached PCs that is due to become active then. I thought it was a virus concocted by a consortium of WSs to blot out MB work, but apparently not.

C
C
Really? Like I would check my computer by visiting a site recommended by Huffington? Or use IE? Bwahaha!

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
P
P
I'm wary like you CWMI so I went to the FBI's website to see if this is a legit threat. It is, although it's been happening since Nov. 2011. They DO have instructions on what to do.

Link to PDF from the FBI's website.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
N
OP Offline
N
Really? Like I would check my computer by visiting a site recommended by Huffington? Or use IE? Bwahaha!

...or resist the urge to savage anything posted by the "wayward" NeverGuessed, CWMI?

Bwahaha, yourself!

To the more...rational...correspondents: It's real. I hope some of you benefited from this warning.

C
C
Why is it that I post referring to the information presented, and you respond with personal attacks?

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
N
OP Offline
N
Why is it that I post referring to the information presented, and you respond with personal attacks?

Conditioned response, Cupcake. Shall we review all your attacks on my posts, or would the most recent gratuitous, smarmy, attack on the amorous viability of a prostate-cancer survivor suffice?

Never mind....I don't really care.

C
C
I know of nothing of the sort. Prostate cancer? Don't believe I have ever mentioned it. Are you talking about yourself? I had no idea. Glad you beat it!

Now, work on your grudge-holding. It is getting kind of ridiculous. My original comment here was that (Pulitzer non-withstanding) Huffington is an aggregator site so their 'news' is only as good as wherever they lifted it from (and who knows where that could be), and I haven't used IE (mentioned in the link) since around 2005.

NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU PERSONALLY. Okay?

(Oscar Wilde)
M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Well, if July is named after Julius Caesar, it would appear that the internet is endangered in his month this year.

An article here details the risks to internet-attached PCs that is due to become active then. I thought it was a virus concocted by a consortium of WSs to blot out MB work, but apparently not.
I thought the world was going to end on May 12? Isn't that when the Mayan calendar bails? I'm way too busy wrapping stuff up for the May 12 Apocolyse. I'll get back to you after that. tee hee

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
OP Offline
N
Good news, MB - we have until DECEMBER 21, 2012

When Nostrodamus was asked whose concept it was that the world would end that day, he answered, "It was all Mayan!"

B
B

Well, at least we'll get one last Rush Day, and I won't have to worry about mailing Christmas cards laugh

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
L
L
So what do we tell the kids? That the end is near or Santa does not exist? grin

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
N
OP Offline
N
Either way, I'd put off shopping until 22 December![Linked Image from planetsmilies.net]

M
M

When Nostrodamus was asked whose concept it was that the world would end that day, he answered, "It was all Mayan!"
rotflmao You're killin' me, NG.

Okay, I've got a real problem with this. If the end of the world is December 21st, I have to keep making my house payments til then, right? Or my credit rating will be screwed up if I don't? Because I was going to cut that house-payment business out entirely on May 12. I called my lender and told them that in no uncertain terms. And they laughed and disconnected the call.

Why do you think they did that?... laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

K
K
Since we have humor about it...

Someone made a joke shortly after [censored] Clark died.

"Figures he'd die the year we aren't SUPPOSED to have a New Year!"

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
L
L
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Since we have humor about it...

Someone made a joke shortly after [censored] Clark died.

"Figures he'd die the year we aren't SUPPOSED to have a New Year!"

I had just seen an ecard about this.......we have 1 week left..........(insert the soundtrack to JAWS)

L
L

All I can say is that thank the Lord we'll have only one week at most of pillaging riots to endure. Or maybe the riots ensue on the 21st, but then it's not technically the end of the world, maybe just the end as we know it. If it does, I think I'll open my presents early.

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Online course July '11 to July '12
17 sessions with S. Harley Feb '12 to Sep '12
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
L
L
The end is near.......what time does it all end?

B
B
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
The end is near.......what time does it all end?
Well it's already the 21st in New Zealand. So what time zone was it supposed to be? laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
Ohno.......it might be any moment.......gasp......

B
B
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
Ohno.......it might be any moment.......gasp......
Yes sister. rotflmao

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation