Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33
totally2confused #2619659 04/27/12 08:21 AM
B
B
Originally Posted by totally2confused
Back at home. WW doesn't know yet. She hasn't made it home. Let's see what happens. Got an appointment with lawyer tomorrow.

Don't cancel that lawyer's apt for today make sure you go.

Keep us updated and good job standing your ground at home.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

MelodyLane #2619660 04/27/12 08:22 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I was not able to stay out of work. All I can do is pray that she will bring my boys home. ML, I am seeing a lawyer today as soon as I get off work. And yes ML you can give me a big hug. I think I most definitely need one right now. Kinda feel down in the dumps a little.

Me (H): 34
Wife (W): 29
Two kids ages 5 and 3
Married 6 years been together for 14 years
totally2confused #2619665 04/27/12 09:13 AM
M
M
I was not able to stay out of work. All I can do is pray that she will bring my boys home. ML, I am seeing a lawyer today as soon as I get off work. And yes ML you can give me a big hug. I think I most definitely need one right now. Kinda feel down in the dumps a little.

That is not surprising because you are walking through the fire right now. You are facing the problem FACE ON and that is not easy! You are having to fight for your marriage and your children's family. And I applaud you for taking the tough steps. This is a very tough situation that takes very tough actions. Just stick with it and don't let anyone divert you from your plan. You know now who is supportive of your marriage and who is not. Your MIL is not supportive of your marriage. But that is ok, you don't need her support to do the right thing. You are doing this for your marriage and your children, not for the approval of unsupportive people.

Did your MIL threaten to take the kids and call the police when the criminal OM was in your home? No. But she did that to you, the loving father of your children. What kind of a mother does that?? A mother who does not care, that is who. Shame on her!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2619672 04/27/12 10:08 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I'm not giving up but if it does come to it how will I know when it is time for divorce.

Two kids ages 5 and 3
totally2confused #2619674 04/27/12 10:21 AM
M
M
I'm not giving up but if it does come to it how will I know when it is time for divorce.

When you have tried everything and it doesn't work. You are FAR from that point, though. And you can't go by what she says. The things she says are no more relevant than the rantings of a falling down drunk. The drunk sings a completely different story when they sober up. So, your job is to do your best to kill her affair while protecting your children and your legal interests.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2619685 04/27/12 11:26 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I thought I had killed the affair the other day when I busted her but apparently not since she continued to talk to him that night and some the next day. she didn't talk to him as much but still a little is to much. This is one tough battle, no sleep and I have already lost about forty pounds in the past couple months.

Two kids ages 5 and 3
totally2confused #2619710 04/27/12 01:19 PM
M
M
I thought I had killed the affair the other day when I busted her but apparently not since she continued to talk to him that night and some the next day. she didn't talk to him as much but still a little is to much. This is one tough battle, no sleep and I have already lost about forty pounds in the past couple months.

It is next to impossible to kill it if you are not there, because she can still have the OM over. Sad that your kids have been exposed to this. But bravo to you for getting your butt back there. You really need to get a lawyer TODAY, my friend, because I expect her to resort to legal means to get you out. And be sure and carry a recorder on you at all times.

Just expect her to come up with a new ploy to get you out. Be prepared to stand your ground. Make HER leave without the kids if she wants to separate.

Exposure 101

totally2confused #2619712 04/27/12 01:22 PM
B
B

When is your apt with your lawyer today?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

MelodyLane #2619713 04/27/12 01:29 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
You really need to get a lawyer TODAY, my friend, because I expect her to resort to legal means to get you out. And be sure and carry a recorder on you at all times.

Just expect her to come up with a new ploy to get you out. Be prepared to stand your ground. Make HER leave without the kids if she wants to separate.

Quoted for emphasis.

DITTO

Pepperband #2619731 04/27/12 01:59 PM
T
OP Offline
T
The apppointment is at four thirty, as soon as I get off work. Mel, should I go ahead and file for divorce just in case I can't save this marriage.

Two kids ages 5 and 3
totally2confused #2619736 04/27/12 02:09 PM
S
S
If you file for a D, let your Lawyer know that you want to drag it out as long as possible to give you a chance to save it. He/she will know how to help you out.

ETA: Sometimes, to get custody, finances, etc figured out, you will need to file. Talk to your attorney about that.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
totally2confused #2619790 04/27/12 04:07 PM
B
B
The apppointment is at four thirty, as soon as I get off work. Mel, should I go ahead and file for divorce just in case I can't save this marriage.

ETA that if you file doesn't mean you have to pull the trigger. Just get you and your children protected.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

totally2confused #2619801 04/27/12 04:37 PM
M
M

Do what you need to do to protect yourself legally so that you are able to stay in your home with your kids. If you have to file for divorce to do that, its ok, because you can do as Scotland advised and file and then drag your feet. I am concerned that you are in a very risky situation right now because you are a MALE. The females have the upper hands in these situations unless you proactively protect yourself.

Exposure 101

BrainHurts #2619823 04/27/12 05:29 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Read these you will see strength.
Motarman update
Mortarman Custody

Did you read these threads? They will be very helpful for you.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

BrainHurts #2619835 04/27/12 05:58 PM
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

totally2confused #2620104 04/28/12 01:36 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Update...

Saw lawyer yesterday. Don't know if he is the one I need since his philosophy is what is better for the kids. Right now he wants me to do a one year legal separation. He also wants me to talk with her and do joint custody where I would get the kids for a week and then she would get the kids for a week. He also said to get a restraining order put on the guy so he couldn't come around my kids. WW is going to see a lawyer on Wednesday. I just don't know if I can sit down and talk with her at the moment. I think it is time for plan b.

Two kids ages 5 and 3
totally2confused #2620105 04/28/12 01:40 PM
M
M
Update...

Saw lawyer yesterday. Don't know if he is the one I need since his philosophy is what is better for the kids. Right now he wants me to do a one year legal separation. He also wants me to talk with her and do joint custody where I would get the kids for a week and then she would get the kids for a week. He also said to get a restraining order put on the guy so he couldn't come around my kids. WW is going to see a lawyer on Wednesday. I just don't know if I can sit down and talk with her at the moment. I think it is time for plan b.

That will not work. You tell him you don't want to separate. Your goal is to save the marriage. So he needs to make sure you are legally protected. Tell him you want to stay in the house, get primary custody of your children and keep the OM out. Keep in mind that this guy works for YOU, not the other way around. His goal is to get you divorced. Yours is to stay married and to protect yourself legally until your wife comes to her senses.

This lawyer does not know "what is best for the kids." What is best for the kids is to have parents with an intact marriage.

Exposure 101

totally2confused #2620106 04/28/12 01:51 PM
M
M
tc, here is the approach you should take with her. Let her know that you want to stay married and will not be cooperating with any divorce schemes. Tell her that you have contacted an attorney to protect your legal rights and those of the children, though. [not to get a divorce, but only for legal protection]

Tell her you won't be leaving the house and you won't allow her to take the kids out of the home without a court order. You are here to stay and work on your marriage. DEMAND that she end her affair or you will file on grounds on adultery.

Let her know you want to have a great marriage with her and will give her an opportunity to earn your forgiveness. But first she has to end all contact with the OM.

And by all means, go down NOW and file a RO against the OM!

Exposure 101

totally2confused #2620305 04/29/12 11:03 AM
T
OP Offline
T
After reading those threads I feel like the united states has some stupid laws. I'm just pissed because it seems like she is going to win the battle and she is the one that has done all the wrong things. She is going to see her lawyer Wednesday but the only thing she can do is file for separation because she has no grounds for divorce here in South Carolina. She will have to file for separation and wait a year before she can get a divorce. I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Two kids ages 5 and 3
totally2confused #2620310 04/29/12 11:27 AM
M
M
I don't understand what you mean. You have her by the balls because she has committed adultery. Did you read my post?

Exposure 101

Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 328 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation