Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
B
B
Originally Posted by JenniferIsLost
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
What are you doing for you? What is in your plan for you TODAY?

Yesterday, I didn't really have a plan for me. Without thinking about it, I had done everything that needed to be done. I guess what I did for me was at the end of the day, I had some uninterrupted TV time and then went to bed early. Seemed like such a good plan - something I needed. Sort of proved otherwise though, since I had nightmares.
Dang those nightmares. Dr. Harley talked to a woman on the radio show about her nightmares and suggested sleep aide, but with you being pregnant ask your doctor first.

So like the Queen's in Plan B get some nail polish and color away or go and get a pedicure or manicure.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
OP Offline
J
So I had nightmares last night involving WH. Bad ones. Ones that left me awake and pretty much paralyzed in bed, unable to shake the feelings.

On the bright side, they weren't the type that give me any inclination to contact him, perhaps ever. On the not so bright side, they make me want to curl into the fetal position and never leave my bed again. I'm up and around now, but still can't seem to get them out of my mind.

So real. Convoluted. But real. Traumatic. More than I've ever felt in dreams. Even woke up with that feeling you get when you snoop and find the worst possible thing (shock, rage, etc.)

I took the kids out for donuts, just because I had to get up and do something. The traumatized feeling just isn't going away.

BW (me): 32
WH: 30
Married 2005
DDs: 12 (mine from a previous relationship), 4, 3, and another due 9/9
DDay: many, last 2/24
Kicked him out: 3/2
Found MB/ Plan A: 4/4
Plan B: 4/19
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Dr. Harley talked to a woman on the radio show about her nightmares and suggested sleep aide, but with you being pregnant ask your doctor first.

Already have, and I can take almost any OTC sleeping aid. Unfortunately, they knock me out cold and my kids don't usually sleep well so I don't risk it.

Married 2005
I
I
The dreams are good, though they dont feel it.

Every successful Plan Ber I know went through those dreams and came out the other side. They are a key stage.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
S
hug

The ones where I beat OW's face into the cement were enjoyable. Sometimes, other ones would have me convinced that I would reach to the other side of the bed and find WH there. After more than 2 years in PB, I get dreams about WH rarely. It is part of the process, and definitely not a fun part. And I know that when I was pregnant, my dreams were more vivid and strange. I can only imagine what is happening to you now.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Scotland
The ones where I beat OW's face into the cement were enjoyable.

I've had those. Except they were of me savagely beating WH in the face with a baseball bat. And I was always awake, like it was some sort of vision. The ADs have stopped them completely, so perhaps I was dangerously close to bordering on homicidal.

And I know that when I was pregnant, my dreams were more vivid and strange. I can only imagine what is happening to you now.

Pregnancy is once of the few times I dream and remember. And thinking back, they were always not great dreams to begin with.

It's just weird, because this nightmare was pretty specific, almost like a warning of my future if I allowed my WH in my life without real change on his part. It was less about cheating exactly, and focused more on the lies in general and how they would continue and muck up my life further. His friends were there, many of them, playing different parts, all pretty accurately. Sort of cementing my resolve that those friends are part of the problem and need to be removed from our lives if we are to have a life together.

The more I think about it, the dream gets less traumatic and more educational. Like my subconscious trying to tell me exactly why I need to be doing what I'm doing now. It's very A Christmas Carol - if things don't change, this is your future.

Married 2005
S
S
Absolutely. One of the dreams I remember from my beginnings of Plan B, had WH come to my home. We were out in his car(apparently I wasn't letting him inside). We started kissing, and then I stopped and said, "I'm not supposed to be doing this. You haven't ended the affair yet." Then I woke up. You're processing all of the events and changes in your life. Completely NORMAL. Not easy, but normal.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
J
OP Offline
J
Today was completely useless where nothing was accomplished at all.

My morning was messed up by my reaction to the nightmare last night.

The afternoon was sort of sucked up by needing to restrain myself from breaking no contact. I had the insane need to tell him how much he sucks. Manage to avoid acting on that impulse.

Early evening had me on edge, worrying that he was going to show up for the weekend visitation late even though I told him through the IM not to come if he couldn't be on time.

And from then until now, I've reverted back to angry that he can't bother to change his life to at least see the kids. Or give me the money he didn't bother dropping off. I cancelled lunch tomorrow with my college friend. Changed the RSVP for the party with my other friend to include the kids. And wondered how anyone could blow off their kids for something else, no matter what it was.

It's safe to say I did nothing for me at all today. I let him into my head all day. Without his having to do anything at all. Not a good day.

Married 2005
J
J
Jennifer, sorry to hear that. It is just a setback, though, and right now it seems particularly hard because even though you are planning things for both eventualities, you still are taking him into account in your plans. Is this the second weekend in a row that he failed to get the kids? If so, maybe something stricter with your IM would be helpful. For instance, he needs to confirm 48 hours in advance of the weekend pick up if he plans to do it. That way, it won't hang over your head until the very last minute.

Have you tried journaling or writing what you're thinking? It might help you process every thing. I know I've typed up more than a few rants over the years, and it always really helps me get things out of my head. Journalling helps too. Or write a letter to H about how much he sucks, then burn it (oooh, that could be fun!) It's okay to do things that involve thoughts of him if they make you feel better...like writing a letter to him. Just don't actually break no-contact and you'll be fine smile

Anyway, at least your weekend has some fun "for you" plans. Is there any sort of mom's day out group you could join, to get some extra support and community? Mother's of preschoolers perhaps? If you breastfeed, la leche league can be a wonderful resource and support network. Try to give yourself good, healthy chances to socialize, you'll have some of your ENs met and start filling up the holes left behind by your WH. smile

Me, BS: 35
WxH: 36 "HAM" Hearts a mess
6yo DS (with WxH), 9 and 12yo DDs from first marriage
Discovered DH's affair in June, 2011
"I'm not having an affair, you're crazy." major gaslighting
Served with divorce papers on 2/3/12
Divorce final 7/29/2013
Living day by day, counting my blessings, loving my children
Personal Recovery well underway!
N
N
Originally Posted by JenniferIsLost
I had the insane need to tell him how much he sucks. Manage to avoid acting on that impulse.

I know you didn't mean it to sound funny, but that should be one of those "quotable quotes" or something.

I'd urge you to try to reschedule the lunch with the old friend--even if it's just bologna sandwiches on a budget. I'm sure she'd understand, and you could probably use a little adult conversation.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
N
Oh, and make sure you write down all of the times that he does and does not keep to the visitation schedule.

Document when he does and does not give you money. Also keep track of what your money is spent on...all of this being for future reference in case he tries to raise a stink about finances or custody in court.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

L
L
The nightmares can really mess with you. It can be hard to.shake. What i have to do is the same thing i have to do with my kids, distraction. Could be something simple, organize the pantry, color your nails, make some cookies etc.

Also can be challenging and also annoying when we allow them space in our head while in plan B. I tricked myself and play a stupid game. I imagine i open a little door in my brain and say "ok, it is time for you to go, bye" and i close the door. Silly, i end up giggling at myself. It usually works and then i distract myself with something else.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by JenniferVoyager
Is this the second weekend in a row that he failed to get the kids? If so, maybe something stricter with your IM would be helpful. For instance, he needs to confirm 48 hours in advance of the weekend pick up if he plans to do it. That way, it won't hang over your head until the very last minute.

Yes, this is the second weekend he was supposed to take the kids and didn't. After last time with no notification at all, my IM told him he had to give at least 24 hours notice if he wasn't coming. He asked is he could come late this time a couple days ago and was told no, on time or not at all. So I knew he wasn't coming late and pretty much figured that meant he wasn't coming at all.

Originally Posted by JenniferVoyager
Journalling helps too. Or write a letter to H about how much he sucks, then burn it (oooh, that could be fun!) It's okay to do things that involve thoughts of him if they make you feel better...like writing a letter to him. Just don't actually break no-contact and you'll be fine smile

I may try journalling. I actually thought a lot about it today. Maybe write a letter in the journal or something. Actually typing it up is dangerous for me because one split second impulse and I've sent it off. But with something handwritten, it's not like I could get it to him before I realized what a bad idea that would be.

Married 2005
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Oh, and make sure you write down all of the times that he does and does not keep to the visitation schedule.

Document when he does and does not give you money. Also keep track of what your money is spent on...all of this being for future reference in case he tries to raise a stink about finances or custody in court.

I've been doing that since Plan B started. Visits, no shows, cancellations, money from him, money out, requests sent through IM and the break in Plan B when he showed up on my doorstep and what he said.

Married 2005
S
S
Journal writing is a VERY good idea.

he afternoon was sort of sucked up by needing to restrain myself from breaking no contact. I had the insane need to tell him how much he sucks. Manage to avoid acting on that impulse.

Don't diminish the greatness of this in the beginning of Plan B. Having the strength to not follow through with these impulses is HUGE. You ROCK. Although you may feel like it wasn't a good PB day, I would call it a GREAT one. One with NC early into the withdrawal phase is HUGE. GREAT JOB.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
"ok, it is time for you to go, bye"

I did sort of the same thing with - I am done thinking about you now - and moving on to something else. It just was not working today. Kept popping back up with different emotions attached.

Married 2005
J
OP Offline
J
Having the strength to not follow through with these impulses is HUGE.

I had the strength solely because I refuse to break my own no contact.

Now if he were to come up to me on the street, I don't think there would be a force in the world that could stop me from telling him how much he sucks. Even though I know it's not like he would agree, or apologize or respond in any useful way.

I can only exert my control as far as not breaking my own no contact. Anything less opens to door to FR. I need him full of remorse, going through the IM by his own choice. Telling him how much he sucks won't facilitate that.

Besides, he has to already know how much I think he sucks. If he doesn't then it's doubtful that saying it now will make any difference.

Married 2005
S
S
But having no contact with the WS IS a GREAT PB day. Is a PB success. Especially at the beginning. Celebrate it. Even when you don't want to. There is going to come a time when you will focus more fully on not giving your WH one thought, but that takes a bit of time.

Now, you do have your standard response to say to him should he ambush you, right? As much as you would LOVE to say these types of things, you shouldn't give into those impulses.

Now, get some rest. You deserve it.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
I
I
You ROCK.

X2

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

C
C
Originally Posted by indiegirl
You ROCK.

X2
Now X3!

Keep hanging in there and give yourself a well-earned pat on the back Jen.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation