Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22
B
B
Did your mom know it was a message from your WH? She knows not to talk to you about anything that pertains to him, correct?

This is why even small cracks in Plan B can hurt you.

Waywards are so thoughtless and selfish that all they think about is themselves.

Glad your FIL will be fine.

What are you doing for YOU today?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Originally Posted by JenniferIsLost
And it would have been nice if he could have at least mentioned whether or not he was picking his kids up from school today. Now I still have to hike over there and make sure this afternoon since he hasn't picked them up the last 3 times he was supposed to.

Can you set something up with the school to call you? I worry about you going there and then him showing up "late" and then you see him.

Are you documenting all the times he is not picking up the kids?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Did your mom know it was a message from your WH? She knows not to talk to you about anything that pertains to him, correct?

She knows not to tell me anything and didn't know he had left her a message. In almost 8 years, he's never left a message on her machine. Total fluke that I was even there to hear it.

What are you doing for YOU today?

Nothing that anyone else would probably feel is fun, but it works for me. Since the beginning of the year, I've been organizing the house, one task at a time. Today I tackle the bathrooms. I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to organization and open spaces, so it helps me feel like I'm tackling the chaos in my life one room at a time. And, added bonus, as I go through the house, I'm systematically removing all residual traces of WS. Old stuff found in the back of closets, drawers, etc. Every time I throw out some of his old junk, it makes me feel a little freer.

BW (me): 32
WH: 30
Married 2005
DDs: 12 (mine from a previous relationship), 4, 3, and another due 9/9
DDay: many, last 2/24
Kicked him out: 3/2
Found MB/ Plan A: 4/4
Plan B: 4/19
J
OP Offline
J
Can you set something up with the school to call you? I worry about you going there and then him showing up "late" and then you see him.

Are you documenting all the times he is not picking up the kids?

I'm going to try to get there early tomorrow morning and ask if that would be possible. I hadn't done so before because I hoped he would just fall in line and do what needed to be done, without having to ask the school to call me every Tuesday and Thursday. Obviously, that's not happening though.

I'm documenting everything. No shows, cancellations, even when he's 10 minutes late dropping them off, as well as the very few times there has been a visit with no issues.

Helps to keep my anger in check. Instead of being filled with rage each time, I just write it in the notebook and move on, knowing it'll screw him when the time comes.

Married 2005
B
B
So how else are you dealing with your anger? You don't want to hold it in because that isn't healthy.

How's your support system IRL?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
OP Offline
J
So how else are you dealing with your anger? You don't want to hold it in because that isn't healthy.

How's your support system IRL?

No contact, combined with the ADs has left me with little anger. It only seems to appear in relation to his bailing on the kids and when he doesn't give me the extra money I need. I document it and for the most part it goes away. I have a friend that I talk to about it if it gets to be too much to keep to myself, but I'm probably going to try journaling next time instead. I don't want it to seems as though WS antics are the only thing I contact her with.

I've always channeled most of my anger into hardcore workouts, but with the pregnancy, that hasn't been possible. I hope to get back to that in January, with the focus being more on health than anger by then.

I've got my mom and my best friend. A little too much pity from my mom, a little too much tough love from my friend, but both are always there when I need them. I've got an aunt that I'm close with, but haven't really put the effort into the relationship that I should have in recent years. The same for two of my other long time friends. Have been making some efforts to reconnect in those relationships, but really need to be doing more.

Married 2005
J
OP Offline
J
Drove over to the school to find that WS did in fact pick the kids up today.

Had a gut feeling. Drove past OW1's house. His car was there. He took my kids to her house. While driving past wasn't Plan B, I had to know if he was taking them there. No excuses, knew I shouldn't, but I did and now I know.

So now what do I do? Is there a way to stop this? He never takes them and the one time he does, he brings them to her house. Can I cut off visitation until he files for it?

Going to talk to my mother tomorrow about lawyer fees. I think this may be the thing that will make paying my retainer seem like a necessary thing.

Married 2005
I
I
Lots of great Plan Bing, Jen.

Not contacting him when triggered by the voicemail, documenting stuff, getting the school to support you, I like your spring/summer clear out plans too!

Maybe you should tighten that Plan B gap so if WH keeps your parents number, they never play messages when you're there. Does he need their number at all?

No, driving past OW1s house is not very Plan B... But I can't say I blame you too much as its your children and you knew. However you can't do that again without it affecting your withdrawal and sanity, so we need to figure out what you do from now on..

I do know that some Plan Bers in the US have managed to get orders banning the possibility of the children having contact with the adultery partner

But others have had to put up with the OW.

I'm sorry he did that with the kids, Jen. That truly is revolting. Hugs.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

B
B
How are things Jen?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 283 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation