Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 63 of 81 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 80 81
I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted by Hoping1183
Wow, can't believe he called you, after being in a dark Plan B for so long.

If it were me I would have been in shock (briefly).

I should have anticipated it. He has a huge KISA (or wanting to be seen as a fake one) complex so it wouldnt have sat well with him to not contact me. Its also a lame excuse not to use IM because of 'sensitive info' Really what is she going to do with my home insurance details?

Though all he has to do to speak with me directly is go NC with blackwidow. Its not hard. She's a horrible, horrible person.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
P
Here in The Colonies, we call trellis trellis.

I
OP Offline
I
Maybe they had trellis on the Mayflower and thats why its the same smile

R
R
You have a backyard?

Maybe you want a nice little doggy (a big one....lol).

(just kidding cause a dog is a big responsibility and makes travel more complicated in life).

I
OP Offline
I
I would LOVE a dog. A husky puppy with piercing blue eyes. Id call him Monday.

One day. It'd be totally cruel to have a dog now. Im only at home about 15 hours a week not counting sleep.

I
OP Offline
I
Spoke to the insurance company. I managed to get the policy number by giving them surnames, addresses and DOBs.

I have to call them back tomorrow because I left the crime number from the police at home. But I should have gotten the ball rolling.

I'm not sure what to do now. I think I should just let it all blow over.

I was tempted to have my IM send him a set of rules, that in future he could send sensitive account info to my sis, but only if I OKd it beforehand and I told her I was expecting it and briefed her on what she could tell me. Otherwise I wont accept any messages from her.

But I cant really think what else I would need from now on. Unless he changes the insurance policy again.

Maybe I should let everything drop. I think I did pretty well in sending him the message he can't break my plan.

I didnt accept my sister's text. (I need to ahve a word with her too. In future she must automatically reply that the IM needs to OK it and I need to tell her its alright before she can pass anything along)

I hung up on him when he called.

I think I've done all I can.

R
R
Let it drop.

S
S
I agree, you have handled it well. Keep yourself occupied, you know what can happen when you have even the smallest break in Plan B.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
I
OP Offline
I
Im0 decorating and having some ladies over for the weekend so I am too busy for his malarkey!!!

The girlies will help me paint, then I'm buying dinner as thankyou and then we hit the dancefloor.

B
B
Originally Posted by indiegirl
The girlies will help me paint, then I'm buying dinner as thankyou and then we hit the dancefloor.
Dancing! Woohoo fun! laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

I
OP Offline
I
Painted my spare room and danced my shoes off this weekend.

Spare room, which I use for my dressing table and other girlie nonsense, is now a lovely restful aqua colour. Makes me think of the beach. I have calico curtains too.

Its exciting because you can get beachy accessories really cheaply and go to town on the theme at little expense. I'm going to do myself up a little haven. Garlands of starfish and shells, oystershells glued to make the frame on a mirror, wicker chests. I have two big white canvases which have remained blank due to lack of inspiration. Think I'm going to paint a red and white lighthouse with lots of sea spray on one. The other Ill paint bundled up sticks of seaside rock candy, showing the lettering through the middle. But instead of the name of the seaside resort like 'blackpool rock' ill have different lettering like 'rock the boat' 'by the seaside' and 'rock star'

Excited!!!!

P
P
*like*

H
H
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Painted my spare room and danced my shoes off this weekend.

Spare room, which I use for my dressing table and other girlie nonsense, is now a lovely restful aqua colour. Makes me think of the beach. I have calico curtains too.

Its exciting because you can get beachy accessories really cheaply and go to town on the theme at little expense. I'm going to do myself up a little haven. Garlands of starfish and shells, oystershells glued to make the frame on a mirror, wicker chests. I have two big white canvases which have remained blank due to lack of inspiration. Think I'm going to paint a red and white lighthouse with lots of sea spray on one. The other Ill paint bundled up sticks of seaside rock candy, showing the lettering through the middle. But instead of the name of the seaside resort like 'blackpool rock' ill have different lettering like 'rock the boat' 'by the seaside' and 'rock star'

Excited!!!!

Awesome. What a great idea. Your own retreat. I like the idea of painting the canvases.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
R
R
What a peaceful, happy place:) Good for you! And how wonderful if you can feel inspired to paint. I used to write - need to get in the groove again.

It makes me happy to picture your happy place, so I hope you're enjoying the new room.

Married: 22 years
Me: BW 41
Him: WH 43
Sons: 19, 17, 12
Daughter: 16
DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Brief recovery of a few months in there.
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
H
H
How are you Indiegirl, your obviously enjoying that peaceful retreat.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
I
OP Offline
I
Well, I WAS hf, and getting on with lots of Plan B plans, but now I feel all stressed again.

I'm having a bit of a work issue. It's not very MB related, but everyone here is so wise and I need to VENT.

My boss sent me a very snotty email today about my leaving on time yesterday (the nerve!) without telling her I was going to do that. I sent an email back asking if she wanted to discuss it and I heard nothing back. She's a proper little coward with stuff like that. I'm happy to stay late, if I am free to do it, and if I get the time back, but that's not what she's saying. She is not coming over to ask for extra help, she's requesting that I wait to be dismissed like a schoolgirl from the headmistresses office EVERY DAY. That will quickly drive me crazy.

It's clearly her way of making sure that no one leaves on time, because people will be too intimidated to, if they have to flag it up to her that's what they are doing.

Not me though.

I know she's getting pressure from her boss and that she lets him bully her.

I felt like replying 'The shift rota is on your desk. If you want to know what time I will be leaving, check the rota.'

But I want to be professional and I'm too sarcastic right now.

I'm thinking of giving her until 6pm tomorrow to come back to me, (that's what time my shift ends tomorrow). If she hasn't by then, I'll go over and tell her that I am leaving. If she asks me to stay, I'll say: "Sorry no, I have plans. (which I do) But may I ask why you need me to tell me whn I am leaving? I dont understand the reason and I would like to help, if I can understand why you need me to remind you of the time."

What do you think?

Last edited by indiegirl; 05/24/12 03:21 PM.

E
E
Indie,

I think less confrontation is always best with mean bosses (and with bosses in general). Maybe I am old school on that. I would leave on time, stop by to say bye, and if she needs something done, you can tell her you will do it first thing in the morning.

You could do it every day, then every other day, then wean her out of it. If she says anything, try to understand what's behind the request.

Just some ideas...

BS (me) 46
STBX WH 53
Married 2000
DS, 11; DS, 10
1st A: LT D-Day - 02/14/06
2nd A: D-Day - 12/21/11
Plan B since 1/17/12
Divorcing
S
S
Maybe I'm a hothead. HEHEHE Because I like Indie's, but I see the validity in Estrela's POV.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
B
B
Originally Posted by Scotland
Maybe I'm a hothead. HEHEHE Because I like Indie's, but I see the validity in Estrela's POV.
I'm definitely a hothead so I'm probably not a good source because I would've already said what Indies said but to her face.

I'm very professional so I wouldn't have dropped any F bombs but I would've definitely confronted her. I would've scheduled a one on one to discuss it..

Maybe that's why even the guys are scared of me at work. Hmm maybe I need some of estrela to rub off on me? laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
i'm w/BH on this one. diplomacy is not my strong suit, which is why i'm an assistant head and not a head of dept. i do not have the patience for BS and no desire for a position that would necessitate having to put up w/it. it would really peeve me off, a boss waiting until the last minute to say they need something done - that sounds like a control issue to me, versus something that really needs doing. however you decide to handle it, i hope it works!

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
Page 63 of 81 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 80 81

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation