Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 55 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 54 55
P
P
Brief thread-jack.
I'm tattling on myself.

Many moons ago .... I was doing a physical exam on a young man who needed a DMV form/card completed.
Part of the exam is a hernia check.

Well, the guy was an Adonis. And to make matters worse, he was a sweet heart. Kind. Friendly. Smart. Just charming. He was NOT flirting with me. I was at minimum 15 years his senior.

So, the final part of the physical is me sitting on the exam stool, him standing in front of me, and me placing my hands where they need to go and asking him to "Cough". Once for each side.
Except ........

I asked him to swallow, instead of cough.
blush
I could not get out of there fast enough.
I signed his DMV card and had my assistant hand it to him.

Back to your regular programing .....

I
I
rotflmao

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

L
L
LMAO pep...talk about tongue tied!

cara, it's great that you recognized the EN for what it was. that's the strength of MB coming out in you.

so sorry you're dealing with the paperwork. that's rough. hang in there girlie, and think about your new home! good luck w/the bank. our banks just this morning lowered fixed rates (for a paltry one year) to 5.2% (americans, you do not get a life-of-loan mortgage rate here. the most you can fix for is 7 years, and then you refinance. great side income for the banks!)

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
S
S
Caracal, it is interesting to see those things, eh? And you reel when you think about where your life would have been without MB. The horrors.

And, as Indie pointed out to me once, it's almost like it's not fair. They make deposits in our LB without us being able to say no, and stop them. It just happens. Important to keep ever vigilant.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
You are doing so well Caracal. Worried about kimino.
Thank you for your concern BH... for me and especially Kimono.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Brief thread-jack.
I'm tattling on myself.

Many moons ago .... I was doing a physical exam on a young man who needed a DMV form/card completed.
Part of the exam is a hernia check.

Well, the guy was an Adonis. And to make matters worse, he was a sweet heart. Kind. Friendly. Smart. Just charming. He was NOT flirting with me. I was at minimum 15 years his senior.

So, the final part of the physical is me sitting on the exam stool, him standing in front of me, and me placing my hands where they need to go and asking him to "Cough". Once for each side.
Except ........

I asked him to swallow, instead of cough.
blush
I could not get out of there fast enough.
I signed his DMV card and had my assistant hand it to him.

Back to your regular programing .....
Pep, great TJ! I'm still giggling... And considering a change in career post divorce wink

Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

Plan B has set me free.

C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Letty
so sorry you're dealing with the paperwork. that's rough. hang in there girlie, and think about your new home! good luck w/the bank. our banks just this morning lowered fixed rates (for a paltry one year) to 5.2% (americans, you do not get a life-of-loan mortgage rate here. the most you can fix for is 7 years, and then you refinance. great side income for the banks!)
WOW, 5.2 is LOW. Best I could get mentioned was 6.1, and I don't actually qualify for that due to my employment status. Waiting to hear back about a 6.5... I think my being in the country for so little time is going to go against me. But I could refinance as soon as I get the loan, you are right about the side income!

Still waiting for the bank's decision toe tap

Plan B has set me free.

H
H
our banks just this morning lowered fixed rates (for a paltry one year) to 5.2% (americans, you do not get a life-of-loan mortgage rate here. the most you can fix for is 7 years, and then you refinance. great side income for the banks!) [/quote]

I'm starting to think the US may be the place - "life of loan mortgage rates" unbelievable & unheard of in OZ & NZ. Separation Agreements with clause preventing OW having contact with your children - priceless, Alienation of Affection law suits - amazing.

Sorry for the brief t/j

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by happyfuture66
I'm starting to think the US may be the place - "life of loan mortgage rates" unbelievable & unheard of in OZ & NZ. Separation Agreements with clause preventing OW having contact with your children - priceless, Alienation of Affection law suits - amazing.

OH NO Happy, please delete that post before Melody and co get wind of it!!!

I proudly stand by Vegemite (vs peanut butter and jelly). grin

Plan B has set me free.

H
H
It must have been a moment of madness! grin

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
I
I
Originally Posted by happyfuture66

I know!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

L
L
and just think - if you were there now (well, january when i was) you could fix 30 years at about 1.5% OMG! you could also buy a brand new car for 0% finance, 0% down. they are really hurting over there.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I got my loan pre-approval!!! I am oh so so excited!!!

Plan B has set me free.

B
B
Originally Posted by Caracal

Congrats my friend. hurray

So when you going to start house hunting?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Already started in the past week. I am in a mad hurry to sign my contracts quick smart (by the end of the month) so I can get the first home owner's grant that expires on 30.06.

If I build, I get $26,500 from the government. I can't turn my back on that.

I put my deposit down on a block today!!!

Now I am trying to sort out building contracts.

Plan B has set me free.

H
H
Congratulations on the loan approval and the block of land (they call them sections here) good to hear the old aussie terminology. How exciting building a new home. hurray

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12

H
H
Originally Posted by Letty
and just think - if you were there now (well, january when i was) you could fix 30 years at about 1.5% OMG! you could also buy a brand new car for 0% finance, 0% down. they are really hurting over there.

WOW. I remember back in 2006 you could get a million dollar loan in US and the repayments were less than you would pay for a $300k loan in NZ or OZ.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12

S
S
Congrats Car. How exciting. smile

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
L
L
Originally Posted by Caracal

hurray

OMG, AND you're building?!? how exciting! good for you, caracal!

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the encouragement.

I am trying to keep tight lipped about this IRL until I have finalised things and am secure I will be moving ahead with building. My parents have been great, although my father seems to have anxiety for me, I am just too excited and enjoying weighing up the options (and my budget!)

Yesterday was one year to the day that Gollum and I separated. Having the loan pre-approval come through that day, putting a deposit down on land that day, it all seemed symbolic to me.

My Plan B thoughts have changed a little... rather than "what colour are my toenails today?", I am asking "what colour would I paint my walls today?" laugh

Plan B has set me free.

Page 38 of 55 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation