Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
MadJake #2628222 05/22/12 12:07 AM
M
M
thanks brainhurts, before this I honestly didnt know people like you exsisted

MadJake #2628223 05/22/12 12:09 AM
B
B
Originally Posted by MadJake
thanks brainhurts, before this I honestly didnt know people like you exsisted

My friend, there's a whole family here. You should stick around and see all the wonderful people here and using Dr. Harley's concepts to not only save their marriages but save their lives.

The MB family rocks hurray weightlifter and they sniff out toxic people pretty darn quick here.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2628230 05/22/12 01:00 AM
M
M
Im impressed at how quickly they did too,
that being said, i believe she can change, but by the state of things is years out.

Promises,
I almost forgot the most important thing, I have a request to make. Please never again use your son as leverage in anything, regardless of how small. If you walk away from this with anything, please walk away with that. I really want to scream at you, but it is very important for him. if nothing else please think about this

MadJake #2628234 05/22/12 01:17 AM
B
B
that being said, i believe she can change, but by the state of things is years out.

Promises,
I almost forgot the most important thing, I have a request to make. Please never again use your son as leverage in anything, regardless of how small. If you walk away from this with anything, please walk away with that. I really want to scream at you, but it is very important for him. if nothing else please think about this

Excellent advice.

Do not use the children. So damaging to the kids.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2628236 05/22/12 02:00 AM
H
H
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

Promises,

Excellent advice.

Do not use the children. So damaging to the kids.

x2 The damage isn't just what you see now but impacts them later in life also.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
MadJake #2628326 05/22/12 09:45 AM
S
S
promises, you know who this is

I'll start this off by emphasizing that this is not going to be a nice post and I appoligize to anyone who feels this is not the correct media for this type of voiced opinion (perhaps it isnt). Also, I do recognize that I am biased, as there is no one in the world I hate more than you. That being said, & despite this posts tone, which I am currently incapable of dampening, I have every intention of helping you. Not for you or ajj, but for my amazing little nephew who needs a sane mother & a complete makeover on a rollmodel.

Writting this is in violation of ajj's no contact request, and until I read this I had no intention of contacting you, at least for years to come. After reading your posts, it truely amazes me at how little progress you've made after all this time. You truely are in worse shape than I imagined. Here is the fasttrack since you still havent figured it out. This entire post is riddled with self incriminating supporting evidence, despite the half truths and convienient gaps in information. The reason you cheat is your complete and utter lack of empathy for anyone but yourself and incapacity to accept the flaws of who you ARE, not who you WERE. Because of this, you have lived your ENTIRE life in a bubble where your reality was based on your reflection in other peoples eyes. You could never accept that you had the same flaws as everyone else. Your powers of self delusion were so powerful that as long as everyone thought you were the perfect wife, you could actually believe it yourself! I wrote that in past tense, but not a damn thing has changed. When ajosejake first told me about the full exposure I wasnt sure what to think, but shortly realized the genious of it. (brainhurts & co, I cant thank you enough for all youve done) He completely shattered your bubble. He just robbed you of your perfect wife/mother image. I initially thought this would force you to have a come to jesus meeting with yourself to determine whether or not YOU wanted to be in the marriage for the love of your family, & not for your love of picture perfect facebook posts. To be honest, after you didnt give up a part of me thought there might be hope. Ha! Lets begin...

Exibit A: Life in a bubble
So you are not sure why you wrote this post ehh? Let me break it down for you. You found a new bubble. Instead of the perfect wife, youve been downsized to the remorseful one. Now after months of your BS, he left you and youve been downgraded again to the victimized remorseful wife. Since the exposure, not one of your friends or family will give you that "reflection in other peoples eyes" you so desperately need for this bubble to be sustained. You now have resorted to this forum, and accordingly, in this post youve attempted to portray acceptance of guilt, youve given a lovely story of character growth from the sinful person you were to the wonderful person you are now, and youve even convinced us of your victim status to such a cruel unforgiving, unreasonable, angry violent sex fiend of a husband. If you can just get these people to believe you are remorseful, maybe convince another wayward of your sincerity, you can go on living in your bubble. Heres a note on accepting guilt, dont pass your infidelity off onto your lack of a father! "I want to say that I don't think this is an excuse for all the afairs I had." BS! you wouldnt have said it otherwise! And as far as character growth, heres a challenge for you. I know the answer and so do you, but we definately wont agree. Has there been even one occasion through this whole process where youve realized you HAVE, NOT HAD, serious character flaws that need addressing? NO! Flaws exist outside of your bubble, thats the whole idea. For months ive been searching for some glimmer of hope in this S***storm, & nowhere, not even in this "last stand" post do you admit to ANYTHING you have not been caught red handed on (besides the attempt to hurt AJJ with your admittance you have been cheating on him since a week into your 9 year marriage!) Do you honestly believe anyone here believes AJJ gave you MONTHS to work things out, despite his best instinct, only to leave after you passed the rediculously expensive polygraph with "flying colors?" Your absolute refusal of self evaluation, & after all the **** youve done is discusting! & the most pathetic thing is that you refuse to even lift a finger to maintain your little bubble. Name one thing youve given up, besides touching LT's on the arm! "I am willing to not have sex with other men, not drink with en." Oh how noble of you, anyone have a cookie? Heres my favorite: "Unfortunately, I am on a governmental contract which I cannot get out of.", oh really? Can anyone else in the service back this one up? Besides AJJ's belief he can end your career:
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...ds=ajosejake&Search=true#Post2599242
Seems all it takes is a little motivation ehh

Exibit B: Incapacity to accept self flaws
Enough said, you suck. God I hate you.

Exibit C: Lack of empathy
Not once in this entire post, or anything I've seen outside of this post (very impressive btw) have I seen you put yourself in your H's shoes and truely try to imagine how your actions have have destroyed his very soul. I had a lot more but am drunk & tired of typing. Read your own damn thread

Heres my advice to you, which you will not take. SHUT THE HELL UP! dont try to defend yourself, dont try to thank anyone for good advice. Know that YOU are the only one in the world that believes what you say, and YOU SHOULDNT! Know that with your type of personality, everything you say can be detrimental to your recovery as it will define you. You cannot be wrong, & with the guilt youve buried, theres a lot of wrong to be. Let this sink in over the next few months.

Wow Just Wow. If any of what MadJake is saying is true...Holy Cow!

Cheating a week into the marriage?
This man has been tortured by you. I can only hope you get real help for yourself because you have beaten this man's ego to oblivion. Coming back to you now would not be wise for him.
This is what exposure does. It let's everyone know who you really are. You really have noone to turn to but this forum now and counselors. These people are good at what they do here, but please, do not use this as some form of manipulation to get what you want. If your BH wants an IM..he deserves that after what he's been through. If he never wants to see you again or talk to you again...he deserves that right. Don't use the child as a form of manipulation to talk to AJJ.
This is a huge bed you've made. 9 years worth. You are going to have to lie in it for a while.

promises83 #2628389 05/22/12 12:10 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by promises83
Like I wrote in my reply, I did think about what you wrote and I took your advice on not pushing the IM thing away. (not sure if you read my reply). What I said about streamlining the parenting process I meant to make sure we were on the same parenting page. I am not sure how you got that was for me. I have not tried to contact my BH at all per his request. Thank you for your link on parallel parenting. In my original post, I indicated that this forum was new to me. I have read Dr. Harley's ideologies on Basic Concepts, Love Bank, Emotional Needs, Love buster, and have read the book "Surviving an Affair" and "His Needs, Her Needs" but I have not surfed around the site or forum to find threads or links like what you have posted so thanks.

Again, please don't take what I write on here personally to you. I'm sorry if I . offended you

@ SusieQ: I haven't been dismissing your posts at all.

MadJake #2628392 05/22/12 12:23 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Ok, I'm ready to answer. I only read your post about five times. I'm going to take little excerpts and answer those but I did read all that you wrote. It sucked reading it the first time but its what I need. Stuff has come easy to me in life and I really need to face myself all that crap I've done. I don't know any better way to than to answer each quote than in a different post so sorry. THis is literally the first forum/chat room I've ever done.

MadJake #2628395 05/22/12 12:28 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Writting this is in violation of ajj's no contact request, and until I read this I had no intention of contacting you, at least for years to come.

I didn't look for ajj's thread. I didn't ask anyone for ajj's thread. Posters posted it on here after I said he was in Plan B. His thread is down. I haven't contacted him on here or anywhere else. We have both been doing MB for a while. I know you think this is a violation of the no contact request, but does everyone else agree??? If so, I won't post on here again. I thought someone said that if a person was in Plan B, there thread wouldn't be shown??

promises83 #2628397 05/22/12 12:36 PM
H
H
If you've been cheating since a week into your marriage I would advise AJJ to just walk away. This shows that you are incapable of truly understanding the sanctity of marriage either by mental illness, immaturity, or complete lack of morals.

Give AJJ primary custody of your child, go do some soul searching, and fix your personal boundaries and traumas with a therapist. ONLY then could you hope to have some sort of truly sacred covenant with AJJ.

SH won't say it to you, but AJJ needs to be sheltered from your abuse and I, if I were a friend of AJJ, would tell him he deserves much better than he'll ever be able to get from you in your current state.

promises83 #2628399 05/22/12 12:43 PM
M
M
I was refering to me, i highly recommend you continue using this resource if you think you are ready. They really did miracles for AJJ and can no doubt help you

*Edit*
I should add, i dont think you are ready. also realize that any further changes or efforts on your part will only be for your own self growth. Youve done well in destroying any and all hope of a M. Had you realized any, no all of what i said, you probably still would have very little chance. but you would have had a chance. If another wayward is reading this, please take it to heart before it is too late

Last edited by MadJake; 05/22/12 12:59 PM.
MadJake #2628403 05/22/12 12:51 PM
P
OP Offline
P
?
"This entire post is riddled with self incriminating supporting evidence, despite the half truths and convienient gaps in information. The reason you cheat is your complete and utter lack of empathy for anyone but yourself and incapacity to accept the flaws of who you ARE, not who you WERE. Because of this, you have lived your ENTIRE life in a bubble where your reality was based on your reflection in other peoples eyes. You could never accept that you had the same flaws as everyone else. Your powers of self delusion were so powerful that as long as everyone thought you were the perfect wife, you could actually believe it yourself! I wrote that in past tense, but not a damn thing has changed. When ajosejake first told me about the full exposure I wasnt sure what to think, but shortly realized the genious of it. (brainhurts & co, I cant thank you enough for all youve done) He completely shattered your bubble. He just robbed you of your perfect wife/mother image. I initially thought this would force you to have a come to jesus meeting with yourself to determine whether or not YOU wanted to be in the marriage for the love of your family, & not for your love of picture perfect facebook posts. To be honest, after you didnt give up a part of me thought there might be hope.

Today I had a session with my counselor (not through MB) and I printed your post and talked to him about it because I really thought you hit the nail on the head on a lot of things.

The first part of this quote I don't get. Self incriminating? Um yea...I am a WW. Half truths, convenient gaps? I didn't mean to leave anything out so people would think a certain way of me. All people on here are FWW/H or FBS. If I left anything out, it was for space. I didn't even think anyone was going to read this super long post. Either way, I am not trying to hold anything back nor would I deny anything at this point. Anything you think I missed for convenience that is pertinent (besides that already said) please add.

Your comment about my lack of empathy really struck a chord in me. we discussed this a lot today. I clearly agree that I definitely had a lack of empathy for AJJ. Even though there was shame and guilt involved with each A, it wasn't enough for me come forth. It took only getting caught and AJJ bursting my bubble to wake up. I don't agree with me not thinking I didn't have the flaws as everybody else. It wasn't about that. I knew what I was doing was wrong. I never thought it was acceptable. This is were your empathy insight comes in, I think. I might have had shame and guilt but maybe it was because I knew I was flawed but not for empathy for AJJ, which should have been my first reaction of course.

AJJ exposed the affair after it was over for about a month.

promises83 #2628409 05/22/12 01:06 PM
M
M
I was serious about not wanting to hear your response. I dont care what your interpretation of my post is, i dont care about any of it. fix yourself for your son's sake

I am finished with this thread, if you would like to ask for advice or useful resources, there is no other place for you.
please stop responding, and start dwelling on what i said and what you did and are.

MadJake #2628410 05/22/12 01:06 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Exibit A: Life in a bubble
So you are not sure why you wrote this post ehh? Let me break it down for you. You found a new bubble. Instead of the perfect wife, youve been downsized to the remorseful one. Now after months of your BS, he left you and youve been downgraded again to the victimized remorseful wife. Since the exposure, not one of your friends or family will give you that "reflection in other peoples eyes" you so desperately need for this bubble to be sustained. You now have resorted to this forum, and accordingly, in this post youve attempted to portray acceptance of guilt, youve given a lovely story of character growth from the sinful person you were to the wonderful person you are now, and youve even convinced us of your victim status to such a cruel unforgiving, unreasonable, angry violent sex fiend of a husband. If you can just get these people to believe you are remorseful, maybe convince another wayward of your sincerity, you can go on living in your bubble.

I like your analogy of "life in a bubble." Another topic of discussion today. I reread my original post and you are right about the "victimized remorseful wife." It is really a tirade at the end especially and I am glad people are calling my bluff, which as I said, is what I need. I do not think by any means I am "a wonderful person" nor that I am done in my recovery process. At all. My desire is not to live in a bubble but to know myself enough so I can understand the what of my actions instead of just doing them. I don't want to convince anyone of anything. I think at first I might have wanted to hear that my marriage could be saved, with tons of work on my part of course. Now most people say it can't. I can accept that. I threw my family away with my actions. It's my fault. I can't expect AJJ to forgive me. But I have to continue on my recovery process because if I don't have my husband well then at least I can said I sobered myself.

MadJake #2628414 05/22/12 01:16 PM
P
OP Offline
P

You probably won't respond to this. I have never used my son as leverage. I don't agree with the IM because I think we can talk about the things our son needs like adults. If he wants the IM because he needs to get away, fine. I have never told him he can't talk to him, see him. I haven't told him that if he doesn't talk to me, I won't do a, b, or c. I have been open to each request to call or see him and I always will, anytime. I have not contacted AJJ at all since he sent me the no contact request. So what leverage do I have?

promises83 #2628428 05/22/12 01:49 PM
M
M
[
You probably won't respond to this. I have never used my son as leverage. I don't agree with the IM because I think we can talk about the things our son needs like adults. ?

There is absolutely nothing about your son that can't be relayed through an intermediary. It has nothing to do with being "adult" but everything to do with your husbands desire to remove himself from this toxic situation. It is in your sons best interest that he have NO contact with you whatsoever, because continued contact is upsetting. He is a better parent when he is not in contact.

So, if you want to communicate with him it will have to be through the IM.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

promises83 #2628434 05/22/12 01:55 PM
S
S
@ SusieQ: I haven't been dismissing your posts at all.

If you weren't, then you wouldn't keep making digs about your BH using an IM like the dig that ML just addressed regarding being an "adult".

Good grief!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
promises83 #2628437 05/22/12 02:00 PM
M
M
I don't agree with the IM because I think we can talk about the things our son needs like adults.

Respectful: let's do this a different way, because it would be better for you and here is why

Disrespectful: that's a childish way to do things! Let's do it the adult way! (my way)

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
promises83 #2628441 05/22/12 02:11 PM
S
S
Today I had a session with my counselor (not through MB) and I printed your post and talked to him about it because I really thought you hit the nail on the head on a lot of things.

"Counseling" is basically a waste of time. If you take the time to read all of the articles etc on this site, Dr Harley addresses this.

MB has all the tools to help you understand how you got yourself into this mess and should point you in the direction of what changes you will need to make.

For example:
You have had a Secret Second Life for the last nine years. Being dishonest, sneaky and deceptive comes very easy for you and this will be a hard habit to break. There are many articles on this site regarding honesty and this is where I would start if I were you regardless of what happens in your M.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
SusieQ #2628450 05/22/12 02:47 PM
S
S
Use the IM. If you do nothing else for your BH, at least respect his wishes to PLAN B you. Give him that much respect after all that you have done to him.

You also owe it to your child, and your family to fix your wayward ways. Stick around, it won't be easy, but if you stick with us, it will be well worth it.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation