Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
S
S
Originally Posted by Blackhawk
Question: if WW was secretly reading this thread, could that be damaging to our situation?

There are many marriages that recover even when BOTH spouses know about MB.

Have you told her about MB? Do you think she checks your history? Why do you think that she's reading your thread?

She may know things that you will do and won't do beforehand, but that doesn't hurt your chances at recovery. There are times when I wished that my WH would know about MB, then he would know that it IS possible to recover from adultery. I won't go out and tell him though. This place is my safety net.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
B
B
Thanks Nerlycrzy for your comments. It is a rollercoaster and then some!

The last few days she is back to giving me the cold shoulder and doing her best to ignore me most of the time, e.g. if I ask her a question she just pretends not to hear unless I repeat the question 3 times. Or if I start a conversation, she will try to avoid it or leave the room. It is quite childish. Should I just give her space and go about my business?
What does Steve tell you to do when she does this?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Scotland
Question: if WW was secretly reading this thread, could that be damaging to our situation?

There are many marriages that recover even when BOTH spouses know about MB.

Have you told her about MB? Do you think she checks your history? Why do you think that she's reading your thread?

She may know things that you will do and won't do beforehand, but that doesn't hurt your chances at recovery. There are times when I wished that my WH would know about MB, then he would know that it IS possible to recover from adultery. I won't go out and tell him though. This place is my safety net.

Scotland, it was mainly intuition based on her reactions to my actions. It could just be my paranoia though. I am not the most trusting person anymore with her smile I have no proof she is reading my thread. I have no proof of anything.

She knows about MB and we had joint sessions with Steve from the end of November through the middle of January, then she refused to continue with Steve, although I have of course. We did all the questionnaires in November. She has not really read alot though on the site though.

The last week has continued to be crappy mostly. Today I again brought up working with Steve and turning our marriage into something we both enjoy. She says she just does not want to, does not feel like it, and that she has done what I wanted our entire marriage and now she won't. She tells me she is staying only because she does not want to take the kids out of my life (she has said this for a few months off and on) and although living together we need to live seperate lives. Then she started to list a litany of ways I failed her in our marriage and that we are just too different.

I responded with my script from Steve and stayed on message without DJs. At the end I just changed the subject and we then had lunch with the kids and her mom. I worry that I may be bringing up working with Steve too often and she is feeling too much pressure from me.

Last edited by Blackhawk; 04/08/12 09:19 AM.

Me: BH
Marriage: 22 years
2 kids
D-Day 5 Sept 2011
EA w OM started Fall 2010, PA w OM Spring 2011, OM died end Sept 2011

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Thanks Nerlycrzy for your comments. It is a rollercoaster and then some!

The last few days she is back to giving me the cold shoulder and doing her best to ignore me most of the time, e.g. if I ask her a question she just pretends not to hear unless I repeat the question 3 times. Or if I start a conversation, she will try to avoid it or leave the room. It is quite childish. Should I just give her space and go about my business?
What does Steve tell you to do when she does this?

Brainhurts,

I've got a call with him tomorrow, and will ask his advice. This is sort of a new tactic from her. Steve usually just tells me to stay anchored and don't react to what she throws at me, let it roll off my back and just keep on plan. And be ready for a long plan A unfortunately...

2 kids
D-Day 5 Sept 2011

B
OP Offline
B
Steve advised to address her disrespect by asking her what she is trying to achieve, and then using that as a hook back to the original idea: creating a M we both enjoy, being in love again is better than seperation or a D.

He advised not to dismiss it, as that could give her sense it is ok and acceptable.

2 kids
D-Day 5 Sept 2011

B
B
Steve advised to address her disrespect by asking her what she is trying to achieve, and then using that as a hook back to the original idea: creating a M we both enjoy, being in love again is better than seperation or a D.

He advised not to dismiss it, as that could give her sense it is ok and acceptable.

Thanks BlackHawk for the feedback from Steve. I learn so much from his coaching to you.

Do you know how you will address this with her?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
A
BlackHawk,

So I'm not hijacking anyone else's thread, you're welcome! When you feel up to it, let me know. There is SOOOOOO much more that you can do if you're willing to learn, which you seem to be.

XW: Promises83
DS5
Married 10 years, first for both of us
D-Day: 27 Oct 11 trickle truth-ed until all 8 OMs were discovered
D Final: 16 Aug 2013
B
OP Offline
B

Thanks BlackHawk for the feedback from Steve. I learn so much from his coaching to you.

Well, she gave me an opportunity to try yesterday, and I basically just asked her what is she trying to do by being mean, she said I told you what I want, and I said do you think a D or seperation or seperate lives while living together would be better than a happy repationship or being in-love? She did not answer snd just got angry so I retreated.

Steve has a lot of hooks he can give, but the main thing is to make sure the discussion always turns into that question above. She will kick and scream, but stay matter of fact and w/o emotion. That is sometimes difficult, as is maintaining no expectations smile

She is struggling and contrasting her feelings for me now and in her fog memories of what we had pre-affair versus what she had with dead OM last year. Steve says things are getting through. I am opposing her and representing an idea opposite of what she right now believes she wants. She will struggle like this until she becomes more of a believer, I guess like where we were earlier this year. I also need to work on getting her to open up her concerns with the entire approach, apparently she got off track with the basic premise, which is being in love with father of kids is the ideal scenario for her happiness.

Last edited by Blackhawk; 04/11/12 08:23 AM.

2 kids
D-Day 5 Sept 2011

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by AJoseJake
BlackHawk,

So I'm not hijacking anyone else's thread, you're welcome! When you feel up to it, let me know. There is SOOOOOO much more that you can do if you're willing to learn, which you seem to be.

Thanks AJoseJake. Let me play with this some and then let's talk again. Thanks for the advice!

2 kids
D-Day 5 Sept 2011

B
B

Well, she gave me an opportunity to try yesterday, and I basically just asked her what is she trying to do by being mean, she said I told you what I want, and I said do you think a D or seperation or seperate lives while living together would be better than a happy repationship or being in-love? She did not answer snd just got angry so I retreated.

Steve has a lot of hooks he can give, but the main thing is to make sure the discussion always turns into that question above. She will kick and scream, but stay matter of fact and w/o emotion. That is sometimes difficult, as is maintaining no expectations smile

She is struggling and contrasting her feelings for me now and in her fog memories of what we had pre-affair versus what she had with dead OM last year. Steve says things are getting through. I am opposing her and representing an idea opposite of what she right now believes she wants. She will struggle like this until she becomes more of a believer, I guess like where we were earlier this year. I also need to work on getting her to open up her concerns with the entire approach, apparently she got off track with the basic premise, which is being in love with father of kids is the ideal scenario for her happiness.

Thanks BlackHawk for sharing.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
For anyone following my thread, I have not updated in some time since there has been nothing really new to say. We are still living together as a family and I continue to counsel with Steve regularly by myself and to plan A and meet her ENs as much as she will allow. There are good days and then bad days, but the bad days seem fewer now.

2 kids
D-Day 5 Sept 2011

B
B
For anyone following my thread, I have not updated in some time since there has been nothing really new to say. We are still living together as a family and I continue to counsel with Steve regularly by myself and to plan A and meet her ENs as much as she will allow. There are good days and then bad days, but the bad days seem fewer now.

Thanks for the update BlackHawk. She still isn't talking to Steve?

With less bad days do you think you're on the road to recovery?

How much UA time are you getting?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
J
Blackhawk,

I have been wondering how you and your wife are doing.
So glad the bad times are fewer, just keep loving her, someday she will really see you again.
She is a lucky woman.
Jessi

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
B
OP Offline
B

Thanks for the update BlackHawk. She still isn't talking to Steve?

With less bad days do you think you're on the road to recovery?

How much UA time are you getting?

BrainHurts,

She is still not willing to speak with Steve, but I keep trying to chip away at that with Steve's guidance. We are not yet on the road to recovery by any means, but our interactions seem to be improving as I plan A better and at a pace she is confortable with. It is hard and slow work and it sucks, but I am at a sustainable pace right now.

On UA time, this is a problem. We get family time all together a couple hours a day and longer on week-ends, but UA time is a lot, lot, lot less. It is hurting us, but she is super resistant. Steve counseled me that exposure and care over time will have an impact, so I keep plugging away.

2 kids
D-Day 5 Sept 2011

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by jessitaylor
Blackhawk,

I have been wondering how you and your wife are doing.
So glad the bad times are fewer, just keep loving her, someday she will really see you again.
She is a lucky woman.
Jessi

Thanks Jessi for your kind words. I continue to follow the plan and chip away at her resistance and meet her ENs as she allows, and I continue to counsel with Steve every couple of weeks. As I wrote above, Steve has counseled me that exposre and time will have an impact, so I keep at it. Patience and perseverance...

2 kids
D-Day 5 Sept 2011

B
B
So what can you do to improve your UA time?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
And by exposure I mean to each other (with care shown to her).

2 kids
D-Day 5 Sept 2011

B
OP Offline
B
BrainHurts,

UA time is a good question. She is reluctant to do things together without the kids the last few months. I keep suggesting things like shopping and lunch. I come home early from work some days, stay home some days. I will just keep trying.

2 kids
D-Day 5 Sept 2011

G
G
Blackhawk,

Is your WW still communicating with OMs ex'es.

God Bless
Gamma

B
OP Offline
B
Hi Gamma,

Not to my knowledge since mid-February.

2 kids
D-Day 5 Sept 2011

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation