Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 55 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 54 55
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
And I almost forgot... I have an assessment for an ongoing position this coming week, having passed the initial interview.

I think I'm on a roll...

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
B
B
Originally Posted by Caracal
I think I'm on a roll...

Yes you are hurray

Your strength is shining through. smile

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
what a good way to change that memory. you are doing so well cara. i am so happy for you.

so...what is today's wall colour preference? in the lounge or the bedroom? or are you focusing, like many women do, on the kitchen and bath first? :O)

omgosh, if i could redo my house, what thinks i would think!

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I had a reminder today that my personal recovery is dependent on a dark Plan B. I may be healing, but I am still traumatised by ANY contact (direct or indirect) with Gollum.

I rang my father, and he told me he had just received a registered letter for me. I immediately thought it was divorce papers from Gollum as he is now eligible to apply.

I admit it, my reaction was a sick feeling to the pit of my stomach. My thoughts were zooming all over the place. Once I finally opened the letter, it was just my birth certificate I had ordered (and forgotten about). I almost burst into tears in relief.

I expect the papers to be coming, I know I am well on the way to divorce. My reponse shook me though. As strong as I feel, this is still not what I want. What is really weird, is that I also don't know that I would want marital recovery anymore either. crazy

To distract myself, I have been deliberating about whether to get stone top benches in the kitchen, or to indulge in an extra large shower in the en suite!!! You are so right Letty, kitchen or bathroom. Hmmmm, choices, choices. smile

I also get to choose the girliest scheme ever, not thinking about anyone but ME.

Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

Plan B has set me free.

B
B
I had a reminder today that my personal recovery is dependent on a dark Plan B. I may be healing, but I am still traumatised by ANY contact (direct or indirect) with Gollum.

I rang my father, and he told me he had just received a registered letter for me. I immediately thought it was divorce papers from Gollum as he is now eligible to apply.

I admit it, my reaction was a sick feeling to the pit of my stomach. My thoughts were zooming all over the place. Once I finally opened the letter, it was just my birth certificate I had ordered (and forgotten about). I almost burst into tears in relief.

I expect the papers to be coming, I know I am well on the way to divorce. My reponse shook me though. As strong as I feel, this is still not what I want. What is really weird, is that I also don't know that I would want marital recovery anymore either. crazy

To distract myself, I have been deliberating about whether to get stone top benches in the kitchen, or to indulge in an extra large shower in the en suite!!! You are so right Letty, kitchen or bathroom. Hmmmm, choices, choices. smile

I also get to choose the girliest scheme ever, not thinking about anyone but ME.

It sounds like you're definitely making personal growth. weightlifter

Keep growing my friend. smile

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
H
Cara, You have made excellent progress. I'm sure no matter the timeframe or how dark you are D papers (or the thought of them)will take its toll emotionally, we are human. You have done well though to turn it around and re focus on you. "My hat is off to you" hurray

Exciting choices lay ahead ... benches, tiles. Enjoy have fun choosing your own style.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks BH and Happy.

Happy, it really helps that you pointed out that my response to D papers is NORMAL. I would rather this, than have a wayward's response.

It shows my loyalty and committment to my vows. Things I'm proud of.

Plan B has set me free.

H
H
Thanks BH and Happy.

Happy, it really helps that you pointed out that my response to D papers is NORMAL. I would rather this, than have a wayward's response.

It shows my loyalty and committment to my vows. Things I'm proud of.

Good on you thats the Aussie spirit! Seriously, you have a alot to be proud of, you stood against the affair, all your actions indicate you value your vows and marriage. You can hold you head high

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
E
E
Caracal - catching up on your progress. Good for you!
Exciting things and well deserved!

Last edited by estrela; 05/21/12 11:49 AM.

BS (me) 46
STBX WH 53
Married 2000
DS, 11; DS, 10
1st A: LT D-Day - 02/14/06
2nd A: D-Day - 12/21/11
Plan B since 1/17/12
Divorcing
S
S
Caracal, I also had a "scare" like that once. I had a delivery notice, that I needed to sign for some mail. I thought for sure that it was divorce papers, and I was shaking. It wasn't. I also was upset at myself for reacting. Now though, I think about it, and it is in a more clinical way. I know what steps I would take. The papers would just be the beginning of those steps.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Can someone please call the WAAHambulance... poor, poor Gollum is in need of one!

I just got his solicitor's response. It is the most foggy blameshifting legal paper I have ever read. Every paragraph includes a lie. All two pagest of it. I kid you not. My initial legal letter did not incude anything about ME. His is all about HIM. Like I should care and accommodate his situation.

Looks like my rewording about the marriage breakdown due to his affair hit home though. His legal response... "We are instructed that the relationship between the parties broke down irretrievably due to our client feeling shut out by your client and there being a breakdown of communication between the parties". I burst out laughing.

Yeah it hurts. But I can see him for who he is. Blech.

The rest of the letter is all Gollum saying "woe is me, I've been generous with Caracal, why is she so nasty and wanting more now that I've fallen on hard times".

The only part I hope is truth (cause I know the rest isn't) is that he has fallen on hard times. I want him to hit rock bottom and be a better person.

But I know better than to ever believe a wayward. My response will be based on what is better for me. I'm contacting my solicitor in the morning for advice. I need to weigh up whether pursuing this is better for me, or me wanting to teach him a lesson only to draw it out for myself. Hmmm.

I don't like this part, the legal part. But I guess I haven't liked any of Gollum's choices.

Oh, and to really wind me up... the words "finalise quickly and amicably". rant2

Plan B has set me free.

I
I
Disgusting. Unsurprisingly disgusting.

Same thing here. But every time his solicitors try to dilute evidence of infidelity, with 'oh but he was sad', mine is very unfazed and replies that we have evidence of what I am claiming - he does not!!!

The law kinda likes evidence.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

L
L
Originally Posted by indiegirl
The law kinda likes evidence.

what she said!

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
R
R
Oh, yes! Please be amicable. Poor Gollum should not be subjected to any unpleasantness. MrRollieEyes

This all just sucks. Sorry, Caracal. You're doing great, though!

Married: 22 years
Me: BW 41
Him: WH 43
Sons: 19, 17, 12
Daughter: 16
DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Brief recovery of a few months in there.
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
B
B
(((Caracal))) my friend. hug

Stay strong.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks all, it really helps. My anger with him is huge. Lucky for me my friend let me pour it out today.

Quick ? What do others think about using the impact on my mental health (doctor referred me to psychologist) in legal response?

I don't really want Gollum knowing this, however his sob story has me worried. He is claiming he was made reduntant and has no income to support himself. I'm unsure if revealing this is necessary... I guess it would show impact but I'm worried he will later use it against me. Advice?

Plan B has set me free.

R
R
I would not use it.

C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks reading. It's what I thought, art of war style.

Plan B has set me free.

L
L
cara, are you in the brisbane area? if so, i have a Q.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
No sorry, I'm in regional vic. Can I still help?

Plan B has set me free.

Page 39 of 55 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation