Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 55 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 54 55
L
L
don't think so, but thanks. H and i are considering coming over for the weekend of Powercruise. it's outside brisbane. was wondering about a recommended place for accommodation, though it's getting to late anyhow! we will definitely be going to the one here a month later. hopefully, he will have my car running by then :O)

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Sorry I've no suggestions Letty, but have fun!!!

If you get to Melbourne, let me know. I would love to meet a fellow MB'er in the flesh. Its weird how I get images of how people look or talk just through anonymous posting.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
In all the hullaballoo of Gollum's solicitor letter, I haven't mentioned my job interview last week. I was doing really well... until the third and final hour. By then, I was tired, hungry, and lost my focus. I absolutely bombed out on the computer tasks. I know it. I retreated with my head hung low, and chuckled to my colleagues how my computer exercise is going to be hung in my workplace hall of shame.

I hope my performance in the other two assessments can pull me through. Waiting and seeing now. I am not too worried, I feel things are working out for me anyways.

I have had some major Plan B cracks in response to Gollum today. I have been googling Horse Ho and checking his Ebay activity to check if what his solicitor is saying adds up. Some stuff I know to be an out and out lie (like the claiming he has sold some assets for a ridiculously low sum to a "friend" a month before I last saw said assets with him). However some I am unsure of. Initially I thought it was all lies, but having checked Ebay, he may be honest about what he sold the car for. He is underselling everything, either because he needs the cash or because Horse Ho is rich and he is in a hurry to get her to Aus before the OC drops.

These cracks aren't good although may help me legally. I now suspect Horse Ho and Gollum are heading for Aus within weeks if not months. Everything is for sale on Ebay, including all of her horse gear. Having googled Horse Ho, she has several horses for sale or has sold them. So much for Gollum now being in a "difficult financial position". He is claiming he has been made redundant and is unemployed. I suspect this is not true, but hope it is. I hope Horse Ho won't share her cash, and Gollum claims he has whittled his inheritance down and only has a quarter of it remaining. My solicitor is going to ask for proof of this. I am print screening all of these online ads. I'm late to the game with gathering evidence, and suggest all other BS's do a better job of it in Plan A than I did.

I hope Gollum and Horse Ho are going to live anywhere else in Aus than where I am. I don't think they would like the response they might get if I unexpectedly saw them.

Ok Caracal, vent over and thanks MB'er for supporting me through this hurdle.

Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

Plan B has set me free.

L
L
Breaking plan b for a legal muscle....ahhh i have done that too....it doesnt help me emotionally.....have someone else do this for you. Plan b is for you, not Gollum, breaking plan b focuses you energy on him. Now go back and look at you post. How much was about you?

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I know Logan, and thanks for reminding me.

It is very easy for the thoughts to spiral out once Plan B cracks appear.

Time to head back to choosing the colour of my tiles, it is much more fun.

Plan B has set me free.

R
R
Color of your tiles? Let's talk about that! Forget what's-his-face. What fun project are you planning?

Married: 22 years
Me: BW 41
Him: WH 43
Sons: 19, 17, 12
Daughter: 16
DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Brief recovery of a few months in there.
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
P
P
Originally Posted by Caracal
he has sold some assets for a ridiculously low sum to a "friend" a month before I last saw said assets with him). However some I am unsure of. Initially I thought it was all lies, but having checked Ebay, he may be honest about what he sold the car for. He is underselling everything, either because he needs the cash or because Horse Ho is rich and he is in a hurry to get her to Aus before the OC drops.

He is claiming he has been made redundant and is unemployed. I suspect this is not true, but hope it is. I hope Horse Ho won't share her cash, and Gollum claims he has whittled his inheritance down and only has a quarter of it remaining. My solicitor is going to ask for proof of this.

Caracal. Is he allowed to sell marital assets at rock bottom prices? Do you have any say in this? This seems off to me but I have nothing to go on but my gut feeling about it.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

L
L
cara, get a friend to do the looking and printing. and while she's at it, have her do a range of similar on ebay or whathaveyou and print those as reference points of "going" prices. he shouldn't be able to sell marital assets without a hearing!

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks all for the words of encouragement and advice. The legal stuff has got me thinking.

I wish I could ask a friend to do the snooping. I just don't think it is fair on them. My closest friends are embroiled enough. Two of them have their own burdens at the moment, I have been trying to be strong for them rather than add to it.

My solicitor hasn't mentioned he can't sell assets without my consent... she has just said if he undersells I can seek half of the market price.

I'm deliberating on whether to pursue my half or not. An inheritance thrown into this complicates things. I see my peace as a wonderful thing, and the legal pursuit would take some of this away from me. It would expose me to more of Gollum's toxicity and lies. I have some choices to make.

Plan B has set me free.

H
H
Caracal, not an easy decision. Sometimes peace of mind is worth more than money,but you do have to consider your future and you are entitled to your share.

I understand your earlier post, as much as we don't want to break Plan B, sometimes legal considerations and long term benefit as opposed to immediate setback has to be weighed before a decision is made. Try not to be too hard on yourself. I hope you don't find yourself faced with the dilemma again.

Focusing on tiles sounds better! How is the planning going?

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks happy, I really appreciate the encouragement right now. The planning has stalled, right at the wrong time. I need the distraction! I am waiting on property contracts, and conveyancing. This should come through next week, and then the building contracts can push through. Until then, nothing.

Still, it gives me a chance to start hunting for brick colours. And to hear from friends / colleagues that the property I have bought is where they would like to buy around here, reassuring since I plan on it being a rental in time to come. If I can tear myself away from the stone top benches that is. laugh

I wish I had someone to do my snooping for legal purposes. I have learned too much about Horse Ho and Gollum. Neither of them is smart. I even know her shoe size. I'm now not so sure they are coming to Aus. Whilst in a flurry of selling, they are also busy buying. Usually only when they sell one of the marital assets. I think Gollum has either bought a business, or they have bought a farm. I don't think it is yet profitable, and puts him in a position where he may claim from ME as I have regular income!

I need to protect myself as best I can.

Plan B has set me free.

H
H
Definitely protect your income. Good news if he remains in the UK, it would be awful to run into them and the disadvantage of living in a small Aussie town, you would hear about there every movement.

Its great you have a future plan, maybe you might need to consider removable stone benches grin

How exciting choosing bricks, tiles, benchtops. So have you decided to go with the stone benchtops rather than the large ensuite shower? What type of stone? Do you have a colour scheme in mind?

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Happy, I am now planning on caesarstone benchtops to the kitchen, maybe the bathrooms if the budget stretches, AND a large ensuite shower. Most importantly, I am building an alfresco room under the roofline, a dream of mine since Aussie weather is perfect for this. I am also squeezing in an extra large oven as I previously (prior to A) loved to cook and am planning on rekindling my passion. My mind is boggling at how the budget will stretch, but the builders are throwing deals around given building has been so effected in regional areas here. I have been busy looking at brick colours, and get to sign my land contracts this Monday!!!

I had the "joy" of spending two hours with a WW yesterday, a friend of a friend. Oooh, it was interesting. I think she was seeking compassion and validation from me, given we have both separated from our husbands. She didn't get it. Her affairs are the reason for her H separating from her, but she was telling me all about how she is "friends" with a man (who is also married) and he wants her to meet his daughter. She asked my opinion. I said it was wrong and I would never expose a child to that (although I worded it a bit nicer). Then heard a lengthy defence. I left shortly after. Seriously, it made me want to be sick. I was with this WW's BH (and my friends, no waywardism on my part!!!) months ago when his teenage daughter received a call from her as the WW was threatening suicide. Her daughter was beside herself. The WW's selfishness sickens me on so many levels, as does her defence about the impact of the separation on her own children. There was no admission of her A, but the separation by her own description has caused the kids to be VERY confused and angry. She blames the kids for these feelings, as they are not "mature" enough to deal with it. She painted herself as the martyr, saying she has quit her job to support her kids better, but later saying she was not coping with the stress. Selfishness all over. Grrrr! I had to be polite as it was a friend of the friend I was visiting.

Plan B has set me free.

H
H
We have caesarstone in the kitchen and it is brilliant. As much as I love natural stone the caesarstone is more practical and resilient. We had granite in Oz and you have to be careful of stains and chipping. Caesarstone would be great in the bathrooms, better than natural stone as its not porous.

An alfresco room is a great choice, somewhere to entertain when you put that new oven to use. I'm sure you'd be able to use ot pretty well all year round ....outdoor heater for winter.

It must have been tough listening to WW. Its hard to have any tolerance of the foggy behaviour when you know the devastation it causes. Good on you for expressing your opinion and not validating her behaviour. If only more people had the courage to do this.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12

C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Happy, I don't know anyone who has caesarstone, so glad to hear you are pleased with it.

I recently met someone who said caesarstone WAS porous, and she had red wine stains on it. From what you have said this is not correct?

I plan on renting the place in future, so want easy maintanence. As much as I love the caesarstone, I don't want it to become a problem if I rent.

Wow, this really is TJing my own thread!

Plan B has set me free.

J
J
Hey happy I'm having ceasarstone put down in my bathrooms glad to hear you love it.
I have no tolerance for any wayward friends now either, it amazes me the fog never lifts for some of them.
I avoid them now, I think they know to stay clear as well, they understand my view very clearly hehe!!!!!!

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
C
Caracal Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Glad to head I'm not the only one scaring waywards off Jessi! I know waywards are picking up on my disapproval. So, Caesarstone in the bathroom... What colour?

Plan B has set me free.

J
J
Pure white, black cabinets and floor, white tile with pale green glass feature wall and chrome fixtures.
Cabinets and counter top only thing left to be installed.
I love it so far.

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
L
L
Must stop reading the renovations because i sooooooo wamt to rip up the linoleum that is my 2 bathrooms and replace it with tiles or natural tone.....i am just so envious of your projects frown

My time will come....

You guys must post some pics so we can see!

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
L
L
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
Must stop reading the renovations because i sooooooo wamt to rip up the linoleum that is my 2 bathrooms and replace it with tiles or natural tone.....i am just so envious of your projects frown

My time will come....

You guys must post some pics so we can see!

yes on the jealousy! i so want to redo my house!

yes on the pix as well. i've never heard of caesarstone doh2

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
Page 40 of 55 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation