Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
BrokenMama #2631950 06/02/12 01:27 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by BrokenMama
So today I was plan a and we talked a little. He said he found a place and it will be ready in 2 weeks. He said we need a break because I don't trust him and he doesn't like being spied on, there are some conversations with his friends he doesn't want me to hear and that he wants some privacy. I said there is no privacy in marriage and the way to earn my trust back is very simple, be honey and transparent. Tell me everything that you've been hiding or lying about through omission. He said he did. I don't agree. He said he doesn't want to keep going over and over, I said you didn't really answer anything, you're being vague and. So now what? Should I push him to get out and plan a him at the same time? Do I keep bringing it up or what?
This is going to be his official explanation to his friends and family as to why he is moving out. Make sure you explain to everyone that you have asked him to leave because his infidelity is damaging your marriage and family.

Has he explained what he's going to do between Monday - his move-out date - and the two weeks he has to wait until his place is ready? Surely he doesn't intend to burden you with his adulterous presence for the next two weeks? Surely you haven't backed down on your required move-out date?

Last edited by maritalbliss; 06/02/12 01:28 PM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Pepperband #2631957 06/02/12 02:07 PM
L
L
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
He doesnt want privacy......but he wants secrecy......

Privacy - using the restroom.....

Secrecy - taking his phone to the restroom to text/email/speak to his adultery partner

thx Pep.....i failed to finish typing my thought.......forgive my moment grin

t/j over

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
Logans_Run #2631960 06/02/12 02:45 PM
L
L
mama, how's it going today? are you able to plan a? do you have plan b ready to go on monday? please don't allow him to stay 2 more weeks. that will be very detrimental for you, and enables him. he needs to see what life will be like with the choices he is making.

please check in. i'm worried about your health.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
Logans_Run #2631961 06/02/12 02:50 PM
B
OP Offline
B
So should I tell him to find somewhere else to stay until his so called place is ready (I don't believe he found a place, just trying to scare me)? I'm not sure what my next move is. I know, and I've told him, there is no privacy in a marriage. Should I continue to plan a him while he's here, or ignore him except to tell him to get out? Should I keep asking him to be honest or what? I'm so confused as what i should do! There hasn't been any contact since I sent her the message, he stayed home this weekend. His brother did talk to him and he asked me why I told him, I said because I want it to stop and maybe he can help you get your sh** together. I need help as to what I should do...

BrokenMama #2631962 06/02/12 02:55 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I'm ok, this morning I asked if I could lay down with him, one thing led to another, and he just kept telling me he loves me over and over, how he can't live without me. I said you love me, yet you don't want to be honest and you want privacy, it doesn't work. He said that spying on him is wrong and he doesn't like it, nobody would and that since I don't trust him then maybe we should separate. I just said I don't trust you but you can get trust back by being honest. Same thing over and over again. I just don't know what to do. I have a horrible headache and have stomach problems today. I don't know if I'm supposed to plan a him until he leaves, or what.

BrokenMama #2631964 06/02/12 03:10 PM
L
L
yes, plan a all you can. avoid talking about him moving out. but it's ok to say that you want a "great marriage when he has NC with OW."

you should pack his stuff and change the locks on monday. put his things outside with your PB letter.

the things he's saying about privacy - all waywards talk that way. it's simply proof that he's wayward. when he comes out of the fog, you will know he's not wayward anymore when he opens his life to you willingly.

remember, it's not your job to worry about how he will cope when you put him out. he's a big boy, and he can manage the consequences of his actions. once you're in plan b, it will be all about you. you will find yourself posting here a lot. that is good!

i see you said "one thing led to another." there are divided opinions here on sf with an active wayward. however, you are in plan a, and it would have been difficult not to, though you could have said how much you enjoyed being intimate (cuddling with him) and that you looked forward to sf when he does NC.

neak is one who used sf as a weapon in her plan a arsenal, you should read her thread on monday when you have time. i have to admit that i used sf as well - i knew that no one would be able to hold a candle to me in the bedroom and i could really make his head spin! but my OW was a continent away, so i didn't have sf-related problems to worry about, and may have acted completely differently if she had been here and he'd been having sf with her. plus, he'd had a sexual health screen.

it's your decision how you choose to act with your H. only you know what you can and are willing to do. but don't say things like "if you loved me" right now. let him have the memory of a good time with you without any negativity. you could say something like "we could have sf like this every day if you would commit to NC with OW."

stay strong mama. i'm sorry about your tummy troubles. it will probably get worse between now and tuesday, but you will feel better after that. some immodium (sp?) perhaps?

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
Letty #2631977 06/02/12 04:18 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Ok. This is just so frustrating and difficult!! I will plan a until Monday. I will remain firm, pack his bags and give him letter when he gets back from work. frown

BrokenMama #2631986 06/02/12 05:13 PM
R
R
Don't GIVE him the letter! Change the locks and leave everything on the porch WITH the letter, like Letty said. You don't give him a no contact letter to say you will no longer be in contact. You're done at that point. You're in Plan B. Show him you mean it by leaving the letter and his things outside, by locking the doors and not answering. Stay firm. Don't give him a chance to argue, sweet talk, try to get out of it or weaken your resolve. Where he does or does not go is not your worry.

Married: 22 years
Me: BW 41
Him: WH 43
Sons: 19, 17, 12
Daughter: 16
DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Brief recovery of a few months in there.
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
rainysweet #2631990 06/02/12 05:35 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Ok. Crap. I hate him for doing this to us. frown

BrokenMama #2631992 06/02/12 05:43 PM
L
L
that's normal :O) see how you feel in 5 minutes. you will be up and down and angry and sad. it's normal and good to feel this way. you have been put through a lot! but as you start being proactive, you will gain strength.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
Letty #2632002 06/02/12 06:49 PM
B
OP Offline
B
It is so difficult. I can't just change the locks, his mom lives with us, she supports me but I don't want to stress her out by making it more traumatic for her. I will pack his bags and when he comes home, he will find them and the letter. I can't accept this BS of needing privacy and if he thinks I'm controlling and whatever, he can be as 'free' as a frikkin bird and have as much privacy as he wants outside of this house. I am fed up. It will be so hard for my kids, that's the worst part of this whole thing. frown today he kept insisting she is just a friend and again said that me sending her a message was wrong. I said he should've expected it as I've done it in the past to so called "friends" of his. I don't know. I don't know anything anymore.

Letty #2632006 06/02/12 07:19 PM
R
R
Loads of crap. We all hate them for doing this. I'm so sorry. But you will feel better when you start to stand up for yourself.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
rainysweet #2632007 06/02/12 07:21 PM
R
R
You sound like me:) You CAN change the locks! Explain to his mother that you love him, that he refuses to stop what he is doing, and that you feel this is the best chance you have to save your marriage. I think she will support you.

That really is what you should do. If you won't, at least be gone WITH the children, and don't come home until you are sure he's gone.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
rainysweet #2632019 06/02/12 07:57 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Ahh, good idea Rainysweet! That I can do!

BrokenMama #2632024 06/02/12 08:15 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by BrokenMama
So should I tell him to find somewhere else to stay until his so called place is ready (I don't believe he found a place, just trying to scare me)? I'm not sure what my next move is. I know, and I've told him, there is no privacy in a marriage. Should I continue to plan a him while he's here, or ignore him except to tell him to get out? Should I keep asking him to be honest or what? I'm so confused as what i should do! There hasn't been any contact since I sent her the message, he stayed home this weekend. His brother did talk to him and he asked me why I told him, I said because I want it to stop and maybe he can help you get your sh** together. I need help as to what I should do...
Yes, you should tell him that he needs to get out on Monday. That was your date. He knew it. If he wants to continue to consort with his old, sick, decrepit, poor adultery partner, he needs to get the hell out of your house and not sicken you and your children with his adultery. You already drew the line in the sand - he's trying to change that. He doesn't get to do that. If he refuses to dump that piece of scum, he needs to GET OUT. Where he goes is not your problem.

D-Day 2-10-2009

BrokenMama #2632034 06/02/12 08:44 PM
H
H
Brokenmama, you are doing well and receiving some great advice. I understand how you feel about changing the locks given your MIL lives with you. Rainy's idea about leaving the house whilst he collects his things is a good way to relieve the stress of seeing him move out.

You are right, it is unacceptable that WS have the A and then accuse the BS of all kinds of things to get them to back off. They don't like any interference in their secret life. I know it hurts, but try to remember its all foggy babble. WS also like to portray the BS as the "bad guy" to justify their behaviour and given them an excuse (in their foggy mind)to have/continue the A. As MB stated, he will tell everyone this is the reason you separated, this another benefit of exposure, it gets the truth out there.

I know its not easy, some days (even hours)are better than others. Everything you have felt so far and continue to feel is normal. Stay strong and keep posting you will continue to find encouragement and support from all the MBers.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
happyfuture66 #2632041 06/02/12 09:03 PM
R
R
So if you leave, Mama, just make sure you hold fast. Be prepared to stay the night somewhere else if you have to. Don't contact him, or answer a call from him. Leave the Plan B letter, with a note asking him to please collect his things and leave so that you can bring your children home for the night. In fact maybe you could even say something like, "Please collect your things and be gone by 8:00pm so that I can return and put the children to bed." Don't apologize, and don't leave the children at home - make sure you take them with you.

Then have your MIL call you when he is gone, or drive by and make sure his car is gone before you come home. (Did I see on here you don't have a car? I'm thinking maybe I did, so if that is the case hopefully MIL will call you, or you could call her).

But I would be prepared in case he doesn't leave, thinking you will come home and cave. DON'T. Stay away for the night if you must.

Good luck. I know it's so hard.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
rainysweet #2632044 06/02/12 09:10 PM
M
M
Mama, you're not planning to leave your home, are you?? dontknow Absolutely do not leave your home! Your WH leaves. Not you and your children.

D-Day 2-10-2009

maritalbliss #2632063 06/02/12 10:39 PM
L
L
i am concerned WH won't leave the house if he has access. you really should explain to your MIL. you may be pleasantly surprised. surely she knows there's something going on. besides, you want her on your side if she's living there.

change the locks. don't allow access. and do NOT, under any circumstances, engage with him. be prepared to *hear* lots of i'm sorrys, i've ended it, etc that he will use to gain access and try to manipulate you.

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
maritalbliss #2632066 06/02/12 11:31 PM
R
R
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Mama, you're not planning to leave your home, are you?? dontknow Absolutely do not leave your home! Your WH leaves. Not you and your children.

Thought I'd better clarify this, Mama:

I didn't mean she should permanently leave her home. I just meant if she refused to change the locks (which I DO think is by far the best alternative), it would be better if she was not there when he got home to get the Plan B letter, get his things, and get out. And that she might have to be prepared to stay away for a few hours if he didn't leave right away, to get the point across.

If she won't change the locks, how else will she do it? Only other way is a direct confrontation, trying to force someone she can't compete with physically to leave while he's either begging, pleading, and promising; or else being abusive and scary.

For the record, I WISH YOU WOULD change the locks, Mama! Try talking to MIL. I think that's a good idea. If she knows you love her son, knows the situation and what you're trying to do, it sounds like she would be supportive.

DD 8/09
EA started 8/08
PA started 7/09
Separated 10/10
Legal Separation 8/11
Plan B 5/17/12
Plan D 5/31/12

My Story
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation