Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
B
B
Originally Posted by WhoAreWE
I think it is wrong to say you are staying for them. Make staying good for you too, do not be a martyr. Stay for yourself (and them) and make the most amazing life with your W. Want it and believe that you can have it. You have another 50+ years with your wife, make them good. Do not make the last two years the one's that define your M for the rest of your life.

WhoAreWE,

Do you understand Dr. Harley's basic concepts? Have you read any of Dr. Harley's books or articles on here?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
As a FWW, I always say it does not matter what I felt then. What matters is what I feel and who I choose to be now. I think that is difficult for a BS to accept.

I read your post a long time ago. I thought I would but in my 2 cents.

It makes me sad when a W does not seem to get the benefits of SF. For me SF creates energy. In my experience it requires a lot more energy on the guys side. I read somewhere that some believe SF takes energy from the H and gives it to the W.

I think it can be difficult to get a W engaged so that SF is interactive. Even if the H is doing everything right in taking care of his W, if she is not actively responding and playing in the event, she will not get the energy rush. I think an A forces the WW to be engaged or the OM would not be willing to risk taking it physical. You will not find many FWW admitting to wanting to have the sex but I would bet most of them were playing their part in the event.

IMHO, if SF is a top EN for H, he needs to find ways to pull the W into the game of SF. Your W does not seem to have a natural comfort with SF; you will have to help her find the energy boost.

You must have a lot of time to think while you are deployed. There must be some aspects of SF that your wife really enjoyed in the past. Bring those memories up to her and hope that she too will anticipate them when you return. Bring back the memories of the good SF moments you had together and make new ones (every day) when you get home. Get that kid to bed early.

If she is tired let her lay there and talk while you explore your woman, the one who has chosen you over the OM. I think you can meet her needs for intimate conversation and affection while slowly slipping into full SF. Let her do most of the talking and you just give gentle positive responses. Eventually you will figure out what you do that gets her to stop talking and get involved. It is all just a matter of time. Take time to enjoy her every day. Over time she will appreciate and crave the attention from you.

When do you get to go home? Spend some time creating anticipation.
I think it is wrong to say you are staying for them. Make staying good for you too, do not be a martyr. Stay for yourself (and them) and make the most amazing life with your W. Want it and believe that you can have it. You have another 50+ years with your wife, make them good. Do not make the last two years the one's that define your M for the rest of your life.

WhoAreWE,

Do you understand Dr. Harley's basic concepts? Have you read any of Dr. Harley's books or articles on here?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

I
OP Offline
I
These are all good points. She was definitely making strides in opening up before I left. I guess it will just take more time to heal.

WW-30
Me BH-35
OM-1 EA/PA for 2.5 yrs
OM-2 EA/PA 3 mos
Married since Nov 2002
DDay-April 4th, 2011, DD#2-four days later
DD-3
Working on recovery
B
B
Happy Memorial Day and thanks for your service.

Keep up the good conversations with your WW while you're away.

Also is that who I think it is that just registered? smile

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

W
W
Brain hurts,
Yes I am WW of IP. I am here because he still hurts in the SF dept. The problem seems not the frequency but his feelings of inadequacy in bedroom. I have been as open and honest with him as I can be regarding this issue. He fears I don't enjoy SF anymore, that I find him boring and he is not good enough....all of which are completely false....I did tell him that sex was becoming boring at one point but he internalized that and now it has turned into him thinking he is boring. I know that I need to be the one who initiates more and I am going to try as hard as I can to do that for him as part of his healing but can't right now bc he is deployed. It is the only area we having issues with recovery. I just need some advice from someone, anyone who has been through this. I need to know what else I need to do in order to restore his feelings of sexual inadequacy. It is hard for me to initiate since it is not a strong need of mine for SF..it is his number one. Help! I love him and I want more than anything to help him heal....my heart is heavy today bc I feel like I am failing him.

M
M
WWofIP,

welcome to MB.

You need to continue meeting his need for SF. Initiating sex is not that hard or awkward when you just keep practising it. Have you discussed with your H what would you need from him to make SF more fulfilling for you?

Dr Harley says that SF is one of the top 4 emotional needs which create romantic love. Even if you say right now that SF is not a strong need of yours, it will grow to be such when you are living your life under MB rules: 15 hrs of UA time, POJA, meeting emotional needs, avoiding lovebusters. I used to think the same way, but what it really takes is some time to live MB marriage and I actually feel strong desire to have sex with my H.

Be honest and be gentle.

Me, FWW: 43
Mr_Recon6mo, FWH: 44
DD20 and DS23
3 cats
Married 23 years, together 24
Divorcing

B
B
Originally Posted by WWofIP
Brain hurts,
Yes I am WW of IP. I am here because he still hurts in the SF dept. The problem seems not the frequency but his feelings of inadequacy in bedroom. I have been as open and honest with him as I can be regarding this issue. He fears I don't enjoy SF anymore, that I find him boring and he is not good enough....all of which are completely false....I did tell him that sex was becoming boring at one point but he internalized that and now it has turned into him thinking he is boring. I know that I need to be the one who initiates more and I am going to try as hard as I can to do that for him as part of his healing but can't right now bc he is deployed. It is the only area we having issues with recovery. I just need some advice from someone, anyone who has been through this. I need to know what else I need to do in order to restore his feelings of sexual inadequacy. It is hard for me to initiate since it is not a strong need of mine for SF..it is his number one. Help! I love him and I want more than anything to help him heal....my heart is heavy today bc I feel like I am failing him.

Welcome WWofIP.

I was hoping that was you. I would start your own thread and you will get more continued great advice like Mrs.Recon shared with you.

There are lots of good knowledgeable posters on here that will chime in.

I'm glad you're trying to become a FWW. Are you ready to put the work in? If you are, then you will reap the benefits of having a very loving marriage.

Welcome again.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

G
G
WWIP,

You did a very good thing taking the polygraph.

Reading IPs tread at that time I really thought IP or you were going to back out on the poly leading to a lifetime of distrust and doubt.

Your problems are now solvable and will get better with time.

God Bless
Gamma

W
W
All good advice! Thanks for the welcome...trying very hard to be the wife he deserves. I will strongly consider a new thread as the need for guidance surfaces. I feel us getting stronger everyday. god is good!

M
M
WWofIP,

I would start a new thread very soon, not just when trouble arises, don't wait for that, try to prevent this. Having trouble with meeting SF is not an isolated case, it boils down how much and how you spend your UA time, exercise POJA, meet the rest of the most intimate needs and avoiding lovebusters. This is all intertwined together.

Me, FWW: 43
Mr_Recon6mo, FWH: 44
DD20 and DS23
3 cats
Married 23 years, together 24
Divorcing

W
W
x

Me-41 (WW)
DH-46 (BH)
DD-7, DS-11, DD-15
Together 20 years, married 16
I
OP Offline
I
WhoRWe,

Just less than 2 months, I can't wait. I find myself really missing what we were building.

WW-30
Me BH-35
OM-1 EA/PA for 2.5 yrs
OM-2 EA/PA 3 mos
Married since Nov 2002
DD-3
Working on recovery
B
B
Originally Posted by INTERNAL_PAIN
WhoRWe,

Just less than 2 months, I can't wait. I find myself really missing what we were building.
Did you ever hear back from Dr. Harley?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

I
OP Offline
I
No

WW-30
Me BH-35
OM-1 EA/PA for 2.5 yrs
OM-2 EA/PA 3 mos
Married since Nov 2002
DD-3
Working on recovery
B
B
Originally Posted by INTERNAL_PAIN
No
Since she's posting now maybe write Dr. Harley again and ask him?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

I
OP Offline
I
I finally got back home, but I feel like we've slid backwards somewhat due to the separation. I just don't have that in love feeling. I know it's from not having my EN's met, but it's been very hard dealing with the resentment building back up. I still feel this tearing inside my soul....one side that wants to start over and the other that wants to keep my wife and daughter happy. I know what I'm gonna do, but the emotions feel really strong again.

WW-30
Me BH-35
OM-1 EA/PA for 2.5 yrs
OM-2 EA/PA 3 mos
Married since Nov 2002
DD-3
Working on recovery
L
L
I'm glad to hear you're back home again, IP. Life is hard enough after D-Day without having that difficult separation due to deployment thrown in there as well.

Give yourself and your wife lots of UA hours. I encourage you to sign up for the Online Seminar. We have found the private forum invaluable - direct access to Dr. H. is great. Also, our coach was very helpful.

Can you and your W get away, just the two of you, for a few days?

The resentment will fade if you can both fall back in love again. Falling in love will take plenty of UA time and meeting each others ENs, avoiding love busters.

How is your wife doing? Were you able to stay in communication of sorts while you were deployed?

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
I
OP Offline
I
We were able to Skype a lot and she seems to still have that "in love" feeling but I don't. We're going to the beach and my grandmother will be there so we should be able to get some alone time.
She has started working out though which is a really big change. She doesn't feel in shape enough yet to work out with me, but she is getting there.

We also have a date planned for Friday night. So I guess we'll just have to plan better for more UA time. She is going to drop to part time which should help out significantly.

WW-30
Me BH-35
OM-1 EA/PA for 2.5 yrs
OM-2 EA/PA 3 mos
Married since Nov 2002
DD-3
Working on recovery
B
B
Yes schedule that UA time.

How much will you be getting this weekk?
Have you seen this? The Critical Importance of UA Time

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

I
OP Offline
I
We wil get about 15 hours, I probably need more for me since I've been gone for so long.

WW-30
Me BH-35
OM-1 EA/PA for 2.5 yrs
OM-2 EA/PA 3 mos
Married since Nov 2002
DD-3
Working on recovery
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation