Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2635913 06/15/12 01:23 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Haven't posted in a long time. Relationship between me and my ex never improved. He is still out to prove to everyone that he had to do what he did.....(had numerous affairs and finally left in 2001). He is rude, mean and derogatory about our whole past life. My oldest daughter is now 28,youngest son just graduated from high school. It has been an emotional rollar coaster having to deal with my ex at all of the family occasions. He moved away..but comes back for graduations, etc.
And yet...yesterday would have been our 32 anniversary. I can't believe how sad it was. Our friends are retiring and traveling, my ex is doing that also w/OW...and I am still working hard.......long time since I have felt this low.

Formerly: Miserynmissouri
Military Marriage of 21 years..together 26.
Four beautiful children: 28,26,21,19 ExH 58..numerous affairs, alcoholic
Married "soulmate" 20 years younger; Divorced 10 years, still trying to understand and Move ON!!!
M
M
Mim, weren't you here in 2001 when I arrived? I am sorry you are down about your 32nd anniversary, but so glad you are not living in such an abusive environment. Did you get divorced?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Yes, that is me. I have returned to the one place that continues to provide comfort after all this time. Most people tend to think you are over everything by now....Congratulations on your recovery. I wish I was in that spot.

Yesterday hit me hard. It would have been our 32 anniversary and I had to deal with my ex because he hasn't paid his child support this month. Of course, instead of providing a polite response as to why....he attacked saying something like "Today is our anniversary, however the only anniversary I celebrate daily is May 31, 2002 our divorce date...etc. etc. It still hurts, even after all these years.

It is doubly hard because the house is empty, the man I have been dating has deployed for a year, all four of my kids live in different areas of the country, I finished a rough year teaching and I just got a bad mammogram report back...just preliminary tho....
It is hard to watch my ex travel all over the world with his OW (now wife). She has never even had to work. I have 5 more years left of teaching special education...getting tougher every year. I am tired and sad that the life I was supposed to have is gone. Hurts....

Married "soulmate" 20 years younger; Divorced 10 years, still trying to understand and Move ON!!!
M
M
MIM,you might want to consider cutting off all contact with him. I cut off ALL contact with my XH [divorced since 1999] and it was one of the best things I did!! I don't feel angry or bitter about him anymore.. It is a Plan B without the letter!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
I agree Plan B is heaven sent with an ex especially if they live in another state. You can have an IM so all communication about CS goes through a third party and they filter all the drama out.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
OP Offline
M
I think both of you have great advice. I think part of me still hopes that he will at least be cordial. I should know better. He is always disrespectful and rude....and makes the stupidest comments. It doesn't matter the situation.
I can't win...no matter what is going on, I have made the wrong decision; I don't know anything about college (I have only helped with 4 going to college); I pick the wrong cars....Yesterday he said something like "You must be lonely in that big house with everyone gone. You should focus on exercising...never one of your strong points". Things like that...Ouch...Could be I have been too darn busy raising our kids....anyway, I guess at times, I still look for the man I married, the one who stood beside me at our retirement.I am not sure why it still bothers me.

B
B
If you go to Plan B (without the Plan B letter) you won't ever hear his abuse again. You will heal.

IM Training School

Can you find someone to do this?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
OP Offline
M
Actually, I just re-read what I wrote. I do know what is bothering me. My (our old friends and acquaintances) are still in the military. Still living a great life. Many have now retired with retirement homes, their family coming home for celebrations; buying lake homes; traveling as families.....all of the things I have not been able to do. My friends appear to have great supportive families....like we could have had....like we did have, at least in appearances.

Many of the people we work with are now back in command positions...so I still see them. It leaves me feeling hollow inside. I see many of them at the school I teach at, and then of course on base. We were a pretty tight knit group when we started up the squadrons back in '93.

My son looks so much like his father....when graduation pictures went out, I can't tell you how many people remarked about what a great looking guy my son is and how much he looks like my ex. And then of course there is facebook. Bimbo has tried to make friends with many of my friends here....so of course I see all of her "nose pictures"---all over the world. It is constantly thrown in my face. They used to stay across the street from me with some of "our" old good friends. She even went on a girl's trip to Paris with one of them. It is awkward to say the least. My oldest daughter is getting married in Charleston a year from November...I am already dreading what should be a great occasion. It just takes so much out of me to act like it doesn't matter. And I know I should be over this by now....I know that is what people think. And they definitely don't want to hear about...hense...you all are getting an earful. Sometimes, it just gets overwhelming and it hurts.

M
M
Originally Posted by movinoninmo
And I know I should be over this by now....I know that is what people think. And they definitely don't want to hear about...hense...you all are getting an earful. Sometimes, it just gets overwhelming and it hurts.

MIM, I don't see how you could be "over it" if you are continually exposed to crapwit "friends" and other triggers? Any "friend" of yours who befriended the OW is not a real friend. Cut those toxic losers out of your life! Find real friends who care about you and respect marriage. Unfriend and block any person who is crass enough to have friended the OW.

Plan B, MIM! Cut the infidels out of your life. THAT is how you get over it. You don't get over it by keeping all those reminders in your life. And lose the toxic friends. They are not "friends."

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
I really don't have to interact with him that often anymore....he mostly goes through the kids. However, anytime I do, he is pretty disrespectful. I don't get it....the psychology of the WS....does it ever end. Do they ever face reality....ever? In my case, it doesn't appear so. 3 months ago, he quit paying child support also. He wrote numerous awful emails accusing me of overpaying me,lying...etc. Turns out the State of Florida had stopped his child support because my son turned 18 in Oct even tho he was still a senior. Yesterday he accused me of being a "pathological lier" and then proceded to send me receipts of his child support from Feb, Mar and April. The hatred and disrespect is mindboggling. Sad

M
OP Offline
M
Have you all really healed....Is there something wrong with me? I am really having trouble forgiving what he has done to me and the kids. Especially since he doesn't show any compassion or remorse.

It seems that I do ok until I have to interact or see what he is able to do....and then at times....I really get depressed. For the last 10 years I have been so busy...maybe this is just the first time I have really had to go through it???? I hope I am not just losing it!!

M
OP Offline
M
Melody,

I try to do that...I did have an IM from 2002-2004 or 2005....then our daughters grew apart, and our friendship kind of fizzled. Next thing I know, bimbo has befriended her on facebook.....I immediately took her off my account. I saw her at school right before the end of school, and somehow the topic came up and she said something like "well you don't think I asked her to be friends?" I didn't even know what to say. She said that she just wanted me to be able to see what they were up to...RIGHT....I have been off her facebook account for at least two years.

Over graduation, they befriended my son's girlfriends mother and her new husband. Evidently, they went over there for dinner right before graduation and then made a point of going there after graduation. That was also on facebook. To my son's girlfriends parents credit, they have no idea what they are dealing with. It is all a show. Kind of embarrassed my son. He wasn't even over there. I should have expected them to do something like that because they immediately befriended his girlfriend and constantly call her when he doesn't return calls, etc. It is amazing. My brother is divorced and he doesn't go through this. He can't believe the situations my ex puts me in or what he says to me. He at least shouldn't be coming to my town anymore now that my son has graduated. Hopefully, it will get better. I am just emotionally tired of everything at the moment. It is hard to be strong and I feel victimized. I hate that.

M
OP Offline
M
BrainHurts

IM Training...good posts....thanks!!

M
M
Have you all really healed....Is there something wrong with me? I am really having trouble forgiving what he has done to me and the kids. Especially since he doesn't show any compassion or remorse.

It seems that I do ok until I have to interact or see what he is able to do....and then at times....I really get depressed. For the last 10 years I have been so busy...maybe this is just the first time I have really had to go through it???? I hope I am not just losing it!!

Are you reading what you are saying?? "I do ok UNTIL I have to interact or see what he is able to do......"

Stop interacting! Of course you haven't healed. Can you heal when you chronically rip the scab off?

I had to see my XH a year and a half ago after I had not seen him in YEARS and that old sick feeling came right back. The solution? Don't be around him!

See how that works? You are not healing by going around him. Stop doing that.

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Hmmm...food for thought. It has been a long two months. My daughter is in the AF in Omaha and I went up to her graduation and had dinner with her friend and her friend's parents who were also stationed with us. That led to last soccer games and track meets where they came to see my son's last high school competitions....then a week later, graduation. Of course, all of this was plastered on great facebook spreads. Hard to avoid since she is "friends" with all four of the kids. For a long time, they wouldn't do that...but that created a stir with their father...so now she has access to all of them.

Last weekend my daughter and boyfriend both deployed...and this time we had my boyfriend's family here....then everyone was gone by Monday. That led up to yesterday's interaction with ex...on my "anniversary".

You're absolutely right...I do much better when I don't have to interact with him at all. Feel better also. Maybe just plain tired.... I think I am going to drop facebook for awhile too...it gets depressing.

M
M
I do much better when I don't have to interact with him at all. Feel better also. Maybe just plain tired.... I think I am going to drop facebook for awhile too...it gets depressing.

Good idea! hug

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

My ex emailed me 3 times today and tried to call me by cell phone....and I deleted him!! It was awesome. I can't believe how much better I felt today...even spent five hours outside working in the yard.

I didn't realize how much I was still being affected by his rants and raves.

THANK YOU!!

B
B
My ex emailed me three times today...and tried to contact me by cell phone. I didn't answer!! It was awesome to have the power to say "No!!" It was so releasing.....thank you for reminding me that I don't have to be part of his rants and raves....

In a postive note, I had the energy to go out and work in the yard for 5 hours today. Felt much better about myself and my situation.

Thank you again. I didn't realize how much control I was still giving him.
Congrats. Keep it up and will only get better. Are you still thinking about an IM?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
I thought this might help you.
The use of an IM

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
OP Offline
M
Thank you BrainHurts....it was helpful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation