Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 36 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 35 36
T
OP Offline
T
Aaaaaand I think I'm done for the day. Dropping rudeness all over the place and I'm not even aware of it. What the hell is wrong with me?

Is there a point where I should take myself away from AI in order to let her have a breather? Should I stay on her and risk the stupidity I'm continually inflicting on her? What?

B
B
Originally Posted by therightthing
Aaaaaand I think I'm done for the day. Dropping rudeness all over the place and I'm not even aware of it. What the hell is wrong with me?

Is there a point where I should take myself away from AI in order to let her have a breather? Should I stay on her and risk the stupidity I'm continually inflicting on her? What?

How about staying with her AND stopping the stupidity?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

T
OP Offline
T
I had a feeling...

Okay.

B
B
I had a feeling...

Okay.

Yes??

Feelings follow actions.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Listen to this radio clip of what Dr. Harley tells a WH he needs to do to save his marriage.
Radio clip at 3:50 mark

Tell me what you think.

I'm sorry that I didn't answer this question, Brain.

I just listened to the audio clip you provided. It's quite a tall order, as Harley says, but doesn't seem unreasonable. I sat and took notes while he was talking. I will continue research and commit to my relationship.

Last edited by therightthing; 06/15/12 07:22 PM.
T
OP Offline
T
I had a feeling...

Okay.

Yes??

Feelings follow actions.

I know. I'm going through this thread one post at a time, taking notes and doing everything that y'all have told me to do. I'm also seeing me acting like a total a$$. This is highly embarrassing.

More to come.

B
B
I had a feeling...

Okay.

Yes??

Feelings follow actions.

I know. I'm going through this thread one post at a time, taking notes and doing everything that y'all have told me to do. I'm also seeing me acting like a total a$$. This is highly embarrassing.

More to come.

As long as you learn from your embarrassment and act upon it you won't lose, my friend.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
Have you seen Dr. Harley's new article?
How To Negotiate When You're An Emotional Person

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

T
OP Offline
T
Here's the radio clip of Dr. Harley to tell children even as young as four.

The Harley's discuss telling the children even as young as 4 about the affair

Hey Brain. Again, thank you for the link. I've just listened to this and took 3 pages of notes. I will discuss with AI as to whether or not we will tell our eldest daughter.

Thank you for all of the links you have provided. These radio clips are pretty intense.

markos #2636124 06/15/12 09:17 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by markos
First of all, it doesn't matter if your wife believes you or not. At this point in time, convincing her of ANYTHING is not part of what you need to do. Got it?

...I will not waste any time with you if you are so lazy that you are unwilling to do these three things.

Hey Marcos,

On my first or second day, you said the above. I'm rereading my entire thread and taking note. I just wanted to throw something at you that just occurred to me. AI has agreed with my summary of the following:

When I rant and rave at her, what I'm doing is twofold. I'm having an Angry Outburst, and I'm exercising Disrespectful Judgements. I "thought" I was just trying to tell her what I feel, but what I was doing was manipulating her and trying to take the responsibility of her pain off me by making her assuage my guilt and depression.

I was manipulating her as I have always been.
It makes me feel both happy and sick to come to this conclusion. But it's about bloody time.

So my first order of business is to learn to destroy my AO's, and then kill my DJ's, at the same time as fulfilling her EN's (if she will let me or not), and making this relationship a safe place to be.

I have to choose between myself and my family/marriage.

I choose my family and marriage.

I'm about to go print off the 29 pages of columns on infidelity like you told me to. And I will watch the video of Harley speaking about Infidelity again.

Thank you for kicking my a$$... again.

AI has asked that we go to bed, and I have respectfully asked her to let me print off these articles first. She has agreed, though she doesn't think we have enough printer ink. IF that is the case, I will convert them to PDF and put them on my iPhone. Actually, I'll do that as well, regardless of the ink sitch.

T
OP Offline
T
Marcos,

When you said read 29 pages of columns, did you mean Surviving Infidelity 1-3, or more than that? Did you actually mean for me to read ALL of the articles on the linked page?

I think that's what I'll do.

B
B
Marcos,

When you said read 29 pages of columns, did you mean Surviving Infidelity 1-3, or more than that? Did you actually mean for me to read ALL of the articles on the linked page?

I think that's what I'll do.
To read all the Q&A that are on the side(29 articles) of this Steps to Recover From An Affair

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

T
OP Offline
T
Got it.

P
P

Now that you have started taking positive MB steps, are you finding that you are less disposed to indulge yourself with depressive thoughts?

You are on an Odyssey, Homer, a long and eventful and adventurous journey.

Building a new marriage from the ruins will take years. Courage. Fortitude.

Keep a close eye on your attitude. Bad habits will try to sneak back in. When you feel yourself slipping, remember to H.A.L.T.
Check if you are Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired.

Keep posting.

T
OP Offline
T
Pepperband,

That was, bar none, the BEST advice I've EVER heard regarding checking myself. Thank you! Wow!

And yes, it's so much easier to be positive right now. I really can't wait until the next time I can show AI that I'm here for her.

Progress, not perfection.

T
OP Offline
T
Technical question. Would the past month or so basically equate to a second false recovery? Like, is this day one of recovery attempt #3?

P
P
Technical question. Would the past month or so basically equate to a second false recovery? Like, is this day one of recovery attempt #3?

Forgive me, I've been busy and have not kept up.
Has there been any contact of any variety with any OW?
Have you lied this past month?
Have you hidden the truth this past month?

A false recovery means the affair never ended, and/or only took a temporary reprieve.

T
OP Offline
T
I've just added almost all q&a articles to the reading list on my iPhone. I'm going to print out the articles about AO's and 6 articles about Abusive Marriage. It makes me really effing sad to realize that I'm a spousal abuser. Really sad.

I'm going to fix this. I have to. I want to.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband

Forgive me, I've been busy and have not kept up.
Has there been any contact of any variety with any OW?
Have you lied this past month?
Have you hidden the truth this past month?

A false recovery means the affair never ended, and/or only took a temporary reprieve.

No. There's been absolutely NO contact with anyone at all, really. I've made myself completely disappear from the lives of everyone save for a few close friends - all of whom are male.

I have lied and I have held back, but I think they were things that I used in my manipulation tactics to lessen my guilt and responsibility to AI and her pain. They obviously count, though.

Last edited by therightthing; 06/16/12 11:07 AM.
P
P
I've just added almost all q&a articles to the reading list on my iPhone. I'm going to print out the articles about AO's and 6 articles about Abusive Marriage. It makes me really effing sad to realize that I'm a spousal abuser. Really sad.

I'm going to fix this. I have to. I want to.

We've been married 31 years. I used to be abusive with my IB and DJs.
All of us came to this place because we needed to learn how to behave differently.

The positive outcome after infidelity can be a happy/loving marriage where both spouses care so deeply for each other it actually hurts.

You are allowed just 5 minutes of sad. Then, you must find ways to move the sadness with positive actions. Try not to get so bogged with regrets you only look in the rear view mirror. OK, Miss Daisy?

grin

Page 13 of 36 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 501 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation