Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 36 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 35 36
T
OP Offline
T
This morning:

Gave AI a list of 4 key loggers for Mac
A website on covert ops for Mac
Called a lawyer re: post nup (left a message)
Found out how to transfer van to joint ownership
Created an admin account on our desktop for her to parental lock my account
Continued creating exercise plan as per EPs
Let her sleep in for 4 hours while I (happily) got pummeled by 3 kids.

More later, I hope.

W
W
Originally Posted by therightthing
I really appreciate your post and your concern. The fact is, I've told her everything. I'm clean. I'll pass the poly with a clear conscience. It's a matter of helping her through and understanding/taking responsibility for her pain, for as long as it takes.

I know you're saying that, but I did all the same things. I lied to everyone at first. No one knew the truth of my adultery except me and the OM. I lied to my parents, my friends and family, H's family. If I'd been here on the boards then, I probably would have tried to get away with lying here too. I didn't want anyone to know what a horrible person I had become. I had people believing me, and telling me that my BH was just obsessive because he "wouldn't let "it" [what he thought was an EA] go". I even lied to the marriage counselor we went to during those first four months. Heck, she even "graduated" us, because she thought we were doing so well, and it was apparent to her that we were completely in love with each other.

Unfortunately the love he felt for me then was based on my lies. Eventually it all fell apart. I've tried to hold it together, but now there's essentially nothing left to hold together. And it hurts and it sucks but I live with the knowledge that I have only myself to blame, you know? But he has the truth, and he and everyone else knows the real reason our marriage crumbled. Importantly, that it wasn't his fault. Through it all, at least I have grown and learned, and that isn't something that would have happened had I continued to be a liar, and tried to look "good" to everyone. Shiny red apple with a rotten core.

I had always been a "good girl." Raised with religion, morals. I didn't want people to know that under all of that veneer was someone whose core was rotten and evil. Someone who could do what I did to my husband and my children.

Anyway, it's not us you have to convince, it's AI. And for her sake, I hope you have finally told her everything.

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks again, wulffpack.
I'm workin' it.
Tomorrow is T-Day. (Truth Day)
The rest of our lives together will be spectacular.
I'm passing that poly with a clear conscience.

T
OP Offline
T
Have an appointment on Friday to talk to counsel regarding a marital contract. I've made it clear that the contract is in the event of future infidelity, and that I insist it be drafted heavily in AI's favor. He has agreed to a consultation.

AI and I will find independent counsel for her, as she will need to have someone review the contract to ensure it is in fact what she wants.

Actions.

S
S
Pass that test tomorrow, and then we'll have more to post about.

You do understand that that test is only the BEGINNING of a very long and hard journey right? Your choice. As always. You make that choice every moment of every day. In the past, you have made the choice to not be the best man possible for your BW. Don't fall into old habits. You need a PLAN. MB has that plan, if you stick to it.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
T
OP Offline
T
I understand.
I'm ready for it.

M
M
I sincerely hope that you have told it all to AI now. The only way you will be able to pass is if it is all on t he table, otherwise it will come out tomorrow.

I will be praying for both you and AI. I think I speak for all here, we want your marriage to work, we want to make it better and a success story!

Me BW (37)
WH (37)
DD1 6 yrs DD2 2 yr

A man who abandons his wife and children because of his infidelity is no price. I can do better then that, I deserve better then that.

The difficulties and struggles of today are but the price we must pay for the accomplishments and victories of tomorrow

Men must be honest with themselves before they can be honest with others. A man who is not honest with himself presents a hopeless case
L
L
I understand.
I'm ready for it.
TRT ~
My prayer is that you ARE ready for "IT"!
I still believe that you and your sweet BW have an opportunity to be one more "Success Story" for Dr. Harley and MB!
Anything less than 100% Honesty and Openness is not optional if you are 100% serious about restoring (Or should I say, "Beginning") love in your marriage!
Do NOT delude yourself into thinking that you can get away with any "secrets" about your past, present & future!
It will NOT happen!
I am praying scripture for you and your sweet BW...
"For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light."
Mark 4:22
Not passing the poly is NOT an option!
If you pass it, you will be at "Start"...
If you fail, there is no "thing" that you will be able to say to justify failing it!
Period!
You say that you are not a "religious" man...
That's okay...
Just remember that just because you are not "religious" does not mean that God is not in control of your life and your family's lives!
Be brave, courageous, honorable when you are asked questions that you would like to give false answers to!
Be brave, courageous, honorable when you find yourself in a position to be honest!
I want so much to believe you...
I want so much for your sweet BW to validate that your words truly validate your actions!
Blessings ~

"Now is the time for all good MB Veterans to come to the aid of their MB Rookies!"
T
OP Offline
T
About 5 minutes away from my polygraph test.
I would say wish me luck, but all I need is the truth.
Here we go.

T
OP Offline
T
I passed.
I told the whole truth to AI.
Now I have to keep doing that.

T
T
So glad you did. I hope you incorporate ALL of the MB principles and give your wife yourself totally for the first time ever. She needs your openness and honesty and PORH from you so you two can follow POJA on every single thing you do.

It is in AI's hands to decide if she wants to rebuild a marriage with you. I know I wouldn't.

TinT--Trouble in Texas

Me: 40
Husband: 38
Married for 17 years
Together for 20 years
DD15
DS13
DS4

H's EA discovered 1/1/12
Caller on radioshow 5/8/12
Been in counseling with SHarley since 5/17/12
On the road to recover my marriage
I
I
I passed.
I told the whole truth to AI.
Now I have to keep doing that.

Thank goodness TRT. Now think how close you skated to trying to 'bury' things before this day and how much better it is have it all cleared out right. Check out my signature quote, I am hoping it is as true for you as for AI. (and as true as it was for me, and everyone else who comes on here whether betrayed or wayward)

How is she holding up? I'm sure it was a gruelling day.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

TinT #2638306 06/21/12 11:34 AM
I
I
Originally Posted by TinT
It is in AI's hands to decide if she wants to rebuild a marriage with you. I know I wouldn't.

Many people would not, including me, I have to admit. As a serial cheat you're going to need super-duper EPs and that is a lot of work.

You're going to have to make it as easy as possible for AI to keep you accountable, constantly volunteering transparency so she doenst have to 'chase' to find out what you're up to.

The slip up a few days ago taking your phone to the bathroom for example NOT ACCEPTABLE. One example of making it easy would be to offer to go without a cell phone from now on, but I know you've downloaded a tracker on there, so AI may prefer that.

T
OP Offline
T
Indie and TinT:

I'm going to bust my a$$ to make good on this. AI deserves the best. She's pretty upset, obviously, but we haven't really talked yet. She's on her way home now.

Also, I've made a tentative appointment with a counsellor, to be referred to a psychotherapist re: anti-social personality disorder.

T
OP Offline
T
No. I do not intend to break ANY more EPs. Ever.

M
M
Also, I've made a tentative appointment with a counsellor, to be referred to a psychotherapist re: anti-social personality disorder.

That's evidence that you aren't taking the time to absorb the Marriage Builders philosophy.

Where did you hear this advised?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M

You don't have anti-social personality disorder.

You have WAY TOO SOCIAL personality disorder.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2638324 06/21/12 12:18 PM
I
I
Dr H has discussed serial cheats on his show many times, TRT. It is an addiction to the very intense high of having needs met by others, more than one. It causes release of dopamine in the brain that is more addictive than crack cocaine.

One-time cheats are addicted to the AP. Serial cheats are addicted to having a SSL where needs are met easily by skanks.

It isnt a disorder.

Feed anyone enough crack cocaine and they'll be addicted to it for life.

markos #2638339 06/21/12 12:56 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by markos

You don't have anti-social personality disorder.

You have WAY TOO SOCIAL personality disorder.

therightthing, I called Dr Harley about this back in 2006 and he told me that many serial cheaters are anti-social personalities. But those who are, usually never marry because they have a host of other problems, such as criminal history, inability to hold down a job and a general inability to adapt to life. Basically, they are criminals who can't hold down jobs. Here is the radio clip:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=578 "chances are if the guy is married and holds down a job he is not an anti-social personality"

Go to 5:00 if you want to jump to the chase.

I am very leery about your foray into counseling, though, because that is typically a way to avoid facing the tough problems in your marriage. Your marriage is not going to wait while you go off to counseling.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
OP Offline
T
Hey all,

Thanks for the words. I'm going to look into this a lot more, and read up on Dr. Harley's opinions.

Melody,

Thanks for the radio clip. I worry about the counseling as well, and am only doing this until I find out if i was approved for the credit card I applied for yesterday. If I was, all be talking steps to have phone counseling through the MB coaching center. I think that's our best shot at a legit and concrete chance at this. Especially with me being sonaggressive in this.

I also have my first anger management session tonight, which AI is going to join me for, with the purpose of speaking to the coach alone as per what she thinks are issues to be dealt with.

What other steps can I take now that I've passed the poly?

And yes, Markos, I do have a "TOO MUCH" issue. In more regards than that.

Page 23 of 36 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation