Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 94 of 104 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 103 104
V
V
Originally Posted by starfish75
Originally Posted by Scotland
MIL called me tonight and said they need their space, but will come back around.
lol.... So, communication has ended with the in-laws.

On a positive note, your MIL made the hard decision for you. And who knows, when they want to come around, you may not care. Water rolling off of your back.

hug

I haven't had to do any of the D paperwork, and I am CERTAIN, that even 2+ years in PB, I would cry at it. You're only human after all.

I agree with you... I told her that I understood that WH was their son and blood and they need to be there for him. She disagreed with me, but I know the truth. I'm sure my WH told them that I'm a Psycho Harassing B to the OW and poor him that he had to talk to a detective, blah, blah, blah. I exposed and asked for the truth, but I'm the crazy person here! He brought all of this upon himself and I take no responsibility for his actions! He's going to be pissed once the pastor contacts him, but not my problem! wink

The whole situation sucks...
I'm going to grow and be a better person, but I just wish the tears would stop coming in waves... I wish I could just cry and get all of the pain out at once... It comes in waves and I'll have to accept that for now....
star, you knew this would come sooner or later. First off, serious hug

Please start listening to Scotty and indie and follow them to the letter. They've been calling all this from the start and haven't been proven wrong once. I'm not a Plan B'er by any means, but I've seen enough from those 2 beautiful ladies to know that when they speak, you should listen, and implement. They're right, you're KILLING yourself with all this info that makes no difference whatsoever in your personal recovery. I know that temptation that you have (BTDT) but it serves no purpose other than to destroy you just a little bit more. Separate yourself from this. You don't need it and you certainly don't deserve it. Protect yourself.

God Bless and more hugs to you.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by TigerWes
Originally Posted by Scotland
MIL called me tonight and said they need their space, but will come back around.
lol.... So, communication has ended with the in-laws.

On a positive note, your MIL made the hard decision for you. And who knows, when they want to come around, you may not care. Water rolling off of your back.

hug

I haven't had to do any of the D paperwork, and I am CERTAIN, that even 2+ years in PB, I would cry at it. You're only human after all.

I agree with you... I told her that I understood that WH was their son and blood and they need to be there for him. She disagreed with me, but I know the truth. I'm sure my WH told them that I'm a Psycho Harassing B to the OW and poor him that he had to talk to a detective, blah, blah, blah. I exposed and asked for the truth, but I'm the crazy person here! He brought all of this upon himself and I take no responsibility for his actions! He's going to be pissed once the pastor contacts him, but not my problem! wink

The whole situation sucks...
I'm going to grow and be a better person, but I just wish the tears would stop coming in waves... I wish I could just cry and get all of the pain out at once... It comes in waves and I'll have to accept that for now....
star, you knew this would come sooner or later. First off, serious hug

Please start listening to Scotty and indie and following them to the letter. They've been calling all this from the start and haven't been proven wrong once. I'm not a Plan B'er by any means, but I've seen enough from those 2 beautiful ladies to know that when they speak, you should listen, and implement. They're right, your are KILLING yourself with all this info that makes no difference whatsoever in your personal recovery. I know that temptation that you have (BTDT) but it serves no purpose other than to destroy you just a little bit more. Separate yourself from this. You don't need it and you certainly don't deserve it. Protect yourself.

God Bless and more hugs to you.

Thank you and I agree with you! I'm doing my best, but it's some days to feel so empowered, ambitious and strong. There are still days that I want to curl up in a ball and die, but then there are other days that I tell myself I CAN GET THROUGH THIS! I have to remind myself of this every single day! My WH was too far gone for any plan to work in my opinion. I'm not sure if he will ever recover, but I remind myself that I will! Have I made mistakes...? Yes!!! Am I going to make more mistakes? Probably... I'm human. I'm doing the best I can every hour of every day and I'm so thankful to have support, advice and guidance. The D process is very difficult though...

K
K
I'm not able to block his email for many different reasons, but the main reason is that he accidentally gets some of my emails because our last name is the same and the first letter of his name comes before mine in the alphabet. It doesn't happen very often, but still happens and if I don't receive these emails from other co-workers and respond, there could be a huge problem with one of my customers!

This was the first time he has emailed me since I've been back.

I'm starting to agree with you about the job situation. I'm trying my best to tough it out, but it's difficult on certain days. My co-workers think I'm doing amazing and nobody wants me to leave.

You should be able to re-route his work email through your outlook directly to the SPAM box though. Try it out. Bet it works.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
K
K
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
Ah! just found a beautiful thing. Estrela - you don't have to have I/T do a thing.

Just take every single email address he could possibly send you something from. Look at your outlook menu for "ACTIONS" - there's a drop down menu that has a "JUNK MAIL" selection - then selection "JUNK MAIL OPTIONS". that will pop up a menu that has four tabs - the fourth choice is "BLOCKED SENDERS" - take great pleasure in the control you will feel as you add all of those email possibilities to your list of SPAM.

Then on the first tab labeled "OPTIONS" check the box that says PERMANENTLY DELETE SUSPECTED JUNK MAIL INSTEAD OF MOVING IT TO THE JUNK FOLDER.

That should do it!

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
I
I
I hate D paperwork too. Grown up and depressing homework. I bribe myself to do it with treats.

I think you're better off without inlaw contact. She in particular is such an enabler, itd drive you crazy.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
OP Offline
S
I agree with you Indie. I probably should've ended the contact myself, but I'll just let their whole family lie, cheat and abandon. I'm withholding my morals and values and staying true to me.

I
I
I agree with you Indie. I probably should've ended the contact myself, but I'll just let their whole family lie, cheat and abandon. I'm withholding my morals and values and staying true to me.

Better things are waiting smile

S
OP Offline
S
I sure hope so Indie!!!! smile

S
OP Offline
S
My best friend just sent me a copy of a letter to WH that she sent. She said it was something that she needed to do... Probably won't phase him, but she said she needed to get this stuff off of her chest.

WH,

I debated for a long time whether or not I should write this letter. I don't have any expectations of your reaction, truthfully, I hadn't considered it. �Ultimately it comes down to what needs to be said.

Have you ever meditated on how many years of BW's life you wasted? You have many things to repent for and feel bad for, but I believe this one has slipped through the cracks....

You see, all these years that you pretended to be married, all these years that you lead BW to believe that things were hunky dory...well, those were all years she could have been building the family she so desperately wants �with a man who truly loved her.

Shame on you. Shame of you for being an empty shell of a person who inflicted his will on someone else. Shame on you for playing with BW's heart so recklessly. Shame on you.

And now you want to add insult to injury by playing dirty with divorce. What is wrong with you? Have you never considered what you owe her? Let me spell it out for you. You faked your vows. You faked your marriage. You cheated. You introduced horrible people into your life that are now filing harassment charges?? Are you out of your mind?

How should she feel WH? How would YOU feel if you found out she turned to another man, had sex with him and then lied and lied and lied? What kind of pain and betrayal would you feel realizing you slept with her every night and never truly knew her? She will carry this with her for the rest of her life. The scars you have provided her with will never go away.

Let me ask you one question and please think long and hard before you answer it. What did she do to you?

Before your knee jerk answer, let me remind you that whatever you felt during your fertility battle and the circumstances around it, BW never turned to another man. Not emotionally and certainly not sexually. You cannot begin to compare your transgressions to hers.

So what does she deserve? How about an attempt at an amicable split? She does deserve half, dude. Get over it. At the end of the day, YOU walked down the aisle. No one put a gun to your head. So even if you disagree with everything I have said, you cannot argue that.

Put your weapons down, be a man and own up to all the [censored] you caused.

In the end, it will be far less painful.

Friend of BW

Last edited by starfish75; 06/23/12 10:19 AM.
J
J
Nice that your friend has your back, Star. That support is very important at this time.

But you do know that the letter will be read through your wh's filter, right? He can only see things from the perspective of his wants and needs and no one else's. His actions throughout your ordeal have been atrocious. He continues along his wayward path without remorse or the slightest intention of changing. This letter will not create a change in him, though its good that he got a stern lecture from your friend. He deserves a lot more of that.

Continue on in plan B and be glad that his poison is leaving your system.

R
R
Good friend. Darned good one.

S
OP Offline
S
She is an amazing friend! I love her very much and am so blessed to have such a wonderful person in my life. She has been there for me throughout this whole mess and has always supported me, listened, given advice when needed and has always been my protector and always has my best interest at heart!

She told me that she doesn't expect him to respond, she did it more for me, but it was something she had to do! smile

I'm just so ready to move forward, but I still have a lot of d papers to complete regarding assets, etc. it's HARD WORK! I've been procrastinating...

I
I
Bloody good friend.

Give her a hug from Indie

S
OP Offline
S
WH responded to her and said, "You probably should not have written me."

She let me know, because she said it sounds like a thinly veiled threat and then she said I honestly don't see how what I wrote could hurt you but I'm sorry if I caused more problems.

Last edited by starfish75; 06/24/12 12:51 AM.
B
B

She let me know, because she said it sounds like a thinly veiled threat and then she said I honestly don't see how what I wrote could hurt you but I'm sorry if I caused more problems.
That's the unfortunate of trying to educate a wayward.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

That's the unfortunate of trying to educate a wayward.

Yes, that's what I was thinking too. I think she's feeling bad, because she thinks it sounds like a threat.

B
B
I don't see what he could be threatening?

She didn't threaten or harass him. He's probably just trying to blow smoke.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
I don't see what he could be threatening?

She didn't threaten or harass him. He's probably just trying to blow smoke.

I agree. I told her not to put any weight into what he says.

S
OP Offline
S
lol... Oh, I see now he responded to her first sentence of the letter, which said, "I debated for a long time whether or not I should write this letter."

His response, "You probably should not have written me. "

This is the only part of the letter that he didn't have to fog out... lol!

B
B
lol... Oh, I see now he responded to her first sentence of the letter, which said, "I debated for a long time whether or not I should write this letter."

His response, "You probably should not have written me. "

This is the only part of the letter that he didn't have to fog out... lol!
I was thinking the same thing when I was reading it.

"This a fantastic letter but he probably won't get past the first line".

Tell her not to worry.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 94 of 104 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation